Tripura PSC Invites Applications For TCS And TPS In Grade-II Cadre (Permanent Recruitment)
Advt. NO: 10/2012
Tripura Public Service Commission invites applications in prescribed forms from the bonafide Indian Nationals for a Competitive Examination followed by Personality Test for recruitment to the Tripura Civil Service (TCS) Grade-II & Tripura Police Service (TPS) Grade-II, (Group-A Gazetted posts) with a scale pay of PB-4 – Rs.13575 – Rs.37000 + Grade Pay Rs.3700
Number of Vacancies:
- Tripura Civil Service (TCS) Grade-II – 35 posts
- Tripura Police Service (TPS) Grade-II – 25 posts
- The last date of receiving application is 5th October 2012.
A candidate must be a citizen of India as defined in part-II of Constitution of India.
Academic Qualification –
A candidate must hold Degree of a recognized University.
A candidate shall not be below 21 years and over 40 years of age on the first day of September 2012, on the record of Madhyamik, Higher Secondary or equivalent examination Certificate/ Admit Card.
Physical Standards –
A candidate must be in a good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the discharge of his/her duties as an officer of the service.
Choice of Test Center –
The Commission will conduct Preliminary Examination in 03 (three) different Centers viz. (i) Agartala, (ii) Kailashahar & (iii)Udaipur. One center among the three at Coloumn-17 (Choice of Center) of the prescribed Application Form, is to be filled up invariably.
Application form and Other Application Related Information:
- No restriction shall be imposed on number of chances for appearing in the examination.
- The 4 (four) pages Application Form printed in color font will be available from all branches/Extension counters of Tripura Gramin Bank in the State of Tripura on deposit of the prescribed Recruitment Fee through the Special Deposit Slip to the Account No. 14711 in favor of the Secretary, Tripura Public Service Commission.
- The said prescribed Form printed in color font (A4 size 90 GSM paper) can also be down loaded from the Website //www.tpsc.gov.in
- In that case, the prescribed Recruitment Fee is to be paid to the Account No.31176521319 of the State Bank of India (core banking branches) in favor of the Secretary, Tripura Public Service Commission.
- The Bank deposit Receipt is to be affixed with the filled up application form in the specified Box on the 2nd page of the form.
Mode of Selection:
The Examination will be held in three successive stages namely:
(i) Preliminary Examination (Multiple Choice type question pattern)
(ii) Main Examination (Conventional type-written) and
(iii) Personality Test
The Preliminary Examination is a screening test only to select candidates for the Main Examination. The Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Personality Test will carry 200 marks, 800 marks and 100 marks respectively.
The final selection will be made in order of merit on the basis of the marks obtained by a candidate in Main Examination, in aggregate, adding the marks obtained in the Personality Test.
The candidate shall indicate in the Application Form Subjects/Papers Code against the optional papers chosen by them.
- Rs.200 (Rupees two Hundred) only for General Candidates
- Rs.150 (Rupees one hundred fifty) only for ST/ SC/ BPL card holders/ Physically Handicapped Candidates
How To Send the Completed Application Form –
- Application in the prescribed form duly filled in by the candidate and 2 (two) copies of recent stamp size photographs of the candidate affixed on the Application and Admit Card to be submitted to the Reception Counter of the TPSC Secretariat by 5.00 PM of the closing date (5th October 2012).
- Applicants may obtain the acknowledgement including Receipt Number from reception counter of the Commission.
- The candidates, who will send application by post, are also required to attach to the application, a self-addressed Post-card indicating the Advertisement No. and name of the post applied for.
- Application will be acknowledged by the Commission by returning this card to the candidate after indicating the Registration No. allotted to the candidate.
- Candidates should read “Instructions to candidates”, in the prescribed Application Form and also must visit the Website of the Commission at //www.tpsc.gov.in.
For more detail on this recruitment please refer to official advertisement from TPSC here //tpsc.nic.in/TCS%20&%20TPS.pdf