Directorate of health services of West Bengal has published the advertisement for the second phase of recruitment of Staff Nurse (Grade-II) for the vacancies in government health institutions in the Government of West Bengal.
The candidates who have passed GNM from private as well as government nursing schools which are recognised by the Indian Nursing Council and West Bengal Nursing Council are eligible to apply.
Details of Vacancies:
Name of the Post: Staff Nurse (Grade-II)
Number of vacancies: 1652 (SC-300, ST-506, OBC-A–227, OBC-B-91)
- Last date of receipt of application – 28th of September 2012
- Academics: GNM training in 2011, from recognised nursing training schools which are recognised by Indian Nursing Council and West Bengal Nursing Council
- Age limit: 18-35 years as on 1.1.12 with relaxation for the specific reserved category
- Nationality: Candidates should be a citizen of India and domiciled in West Bengal
- Bengali Knowledge: Candidates should be able to write and read in Bengali or in Nepali
- Registration: Registration of the candidate should be with West Bengal Nursing Council.
Documents to be submitted along with application form:
- Birth certificate or Admit Card of Madhyamik or equivalent examination
- Mark sheet of Higher Secondary or equivalent examination
- All the mark sheets of GNM examination
- One passport size photograph to be affixed on the application form with the signature of the candidate on it.
- Voter ID or equivalent document for residential proof
- Registration certificate of West Bengal Nursing Council
Salary/ Pay Scale/ Remunerations: The selected candidates will receive an emolument in the Pay Band–III with Rs.7100 – Rs.37600 with minimum pay of Rs.7680 and grade pay of Rs.3600 according to the West Bengal Service Rule, 2009, along with other allowances as admissible by the government rule.
How to Apply:
Interested and eligible candidates should apply through prescribed application form and by sending completed application form by registered post with A/D along with the requisite documents.
The Application complete in all respect should be submitted:
Recruitment Committee for the Recruitment of Staff Nurse (Grade-II)
Dy. Director of Health Services (Nursing)
Swasthya Bhawan, 1st Floor, Wing A
GN-29, Sector V, Salt Lake City, Kolkata – 700 091
- The selection will be purely on merit basis. The merit list will be arranged according to the percentage of marks in the HS exam (50% weightage) and percentage of marks in the GNM test (50% weightage). The list of provisionally selected candidates will be displayed in the H & FW dept.
- For physical verification of the documents, the candidates will be called in batches with their original documents and they will have to appear before a medical board.
- The final selection is subject to clearance by police verification.
For more detail on this recruitment please refer to official advertisement here //www.wbhealth.gov.in/notice/nur_rec_ph2.pdf