Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) is one of the most elite para-military forces operating under the Ministry of Home Affairs Government of India. With the recent announcement from ITBP, there are 108 vacancies notified against the position of Constable (Pioneer) in various trades. The candidates will be recruited as per General Central Service Group ‘C’ Non-Gazetted (Non-Ministerial) service on temporary basis for these posts. Only MALE candidates are eligible to apply for these posts.
Candidates fulfilling eligibility criteria are invited to apply through prescribed format of application as available on the website of the ITBP at www.itbpolice.nic.in. All vacancies are to be filled up with All India Service Liability and would be governed as per ITBP Act and rules. The details of the eligibility norms and application procedure are as follows:
Most Important Dates:
|Starting Date for Submission Of Online Application||19 August 2022|
|Last Date for Submission Of Online Application||17-09-2022 EXTENDED UP-TO 01-10-2022|
Details of the Posts & Number of Vacancies: Total 108 Posts
Constable- Pioneer (Plumber): 21 Posts
Constable- Pioneer (Carpenter): 56 Posts
Constable- Pioneer (Mason): 31 Posts
Pay band: The applicants selected for various Constable-Pioneer posts will be offered Rs 21700 – 69,100/- Pay Matrix Level-3.
Education Qualification: The candidate must have the following qualification to be eligible for the job positions:
The candidates must have completed Matriculation along with 1 year Trade Certificate from a recognized ITI or equivalent OR, 1 years of work experience in relevant trades.
Age Specification: The applicant must have attained the minimum age of 18 years and should not have crossed the maximum age of 23 years as on the last date of submission of Application (17 September 2022). However, the relaxation in upper age is applicable as per rules
Minimum Physical Standards: The candidates applying for these posts must have the minimum physical standard as standardized for recruitment into ITBP.
- Height: 170 cm (Relaxable for ST candidates up to minimum of 162.5 cm and for candidates belonging to scheduled areas this is relaxable to minimum of 165 cms- please refer detailed advertisement)
- Chest: 80-85 cm (Relaxable for ST candidates up to minimum of 76-81 cm and for candidates belonging to scheduled areas this is relaxable to minimum of 78-83 cm- please refer detailed advertisement)
- Weight: in proportion to height
- Eyesight: Minimum 6/6 and 6/9 in both eyes. No color-blindness/ squint vision.
- Tattoos: Any candidate with a small engraving/tattoo of name or religious symbol on the inner face of the arms or hands is permitted for recruitment. Candidates having permanent tattoo on any part of the body will be debarred for recruitment.
Mode of Selection: The selection of candidates will be following the following procedure:
- Physical Fitness Test
- Physical Standard Test
- Trade Test
- Written Exam
- Final Medical Examination
Application Fee [Online Mode]: Unreserved (General) & OBC: Rs. 100 only, Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, PWD, Women & Ex-Servicemen: Fees exempted
Before applying for the posts, the applicants have to read through the detailed advertisement as available at recruitment.itbpolice.nic.in/noticeboards/downloadpdf/193.pdf, and should understand the requirements well.