UP Police Recruitment 2013 For Direct Entry of Constable (GD), Fireman and Constable in State Armed Constabulary
The police department of the most populated state Uttar Pradesh is undertaking a significant responsibility of maintaining law and order in the state. Being the largest state of India, UP has attained a special status among all the states and the Police Department of UP is one of the most populated departments in India.
With the recent revised notification from the UP Police Recruitment and Promotion Board, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh there is a further addition to the already published 20000 vacancies in the profile of Constables and equivalent positions. Presently the recruitment has been enhanced to 41610 posts including Fireman and Constables in State Armed Constabulary. All these posts will be filled up in direct recruitment mode through open competitive selection.
The details of the criteria for eligibility and concerned process for selection are detailed as under:
Most Important Dates:
- Starting Date of Registering Online Application: 18-July-2013
- Last date Of Registration of Online Application: 18-August-2013
- Starting Date of receipt of ORM Application from Post Office: 18-July-2013
- Last date Of Submission of ORM Application at demarked Post Offices: 20-August-2013
- Last Date for Payment of Application Fees (offline): 19-August-2013
- Last date for Final Receipt of the Application: 20-August-2013
Details of Vacancies: Total 41610 tentative Vacancies
- Constables in State Police: 35500 Posts (UR-17750, OBC-9585, SC-7455, & ST-710)
- Constables in State Armed Constabulary: 4033 Posts (UR-2016, OBC-1089, SC-847, & ST-81)
- Fireman: 2077 Posts (UR-1038, OBC-561, SC-436, & ST-42)
Apart from these, there will be 2% reservation for wards of freedom fighters, 5% for Ex-Servicemen, 5% for Home Guards and 20% reservation for Women candidates
Pay Scale Provisions:
The selected applicants as Constables will be eligible for a Pay Scale in PB-I with Rs.5200-Rs.20200 and a Grade Pay of Rs.2000
The applicants should have completed 10+2 (intermediate) education and must have a certificate regarding this.
Advantage will be offered to candidates who have already served for 2 years in Territorial Army, or have NCC ‘B’ Certificate or have a Computer Proficiency qualification from a state/ central Govt recognized institute
- The applicant should be within 18-22 years of age as on 01-July-2013
- The applicants who have submitted their applications will be eligible for concessional consideration in upper age limit, but they will not get this relaxation in the Fireman category
- Note: Upper age will be relaxable for the SC, ST, OBC, Ex-Sm and other deserving class as per rules. Only candidates, who are natives of Uttar Pradesh will be eligible for such relaxation in upper age limit.
Physical Standards: For selection of candidates, the standard norms as followed by UP Police will be applicable for Physical Standard Tests.
- An application fee of Rs.200 will be required to be submitted by the candidates
- The fee can be paid through SBI/ PNB challan form as can be downloaded from the website of UP Police Recruitment and Promotion Board at http://uppbpb.gov.in
- Those who have already applied for the posts of Constable (GD) and Constable (Armed Constabulary) through the Advt. Notice No. PRPB/2-1(2)/2011 (published on 15-July-2011) will be exempted from paying any fees. But such candidates if applying for Fireman posts, they need to submit Rs.200 (fresh) as application fee.
Mode of Selection:
The selection of candidates will be done through the following stages:
- Preliminary Written Examination
- Physical Measurement Test
- Physical Efficiency Test
- Final Written Examination
- Final Medical Test
How to Apply:
- The candidates can apply through Online mode at the website of the UP Police Recruitment and Promotion Board at http://uppbpb.gov.in
- The candidates can also apply through Offline mode with the OMR Application Forms as available at the demarcated Post Officers as mentioned at http://uppbpb.gov.in
- One candidate can submit only One Application.
- There are three stages of submission of Online Application
- Stage-I: Online registration with essential details (name, age, education, etc.)
- Stage-II: Remittance of Application Fee at any branch of SBI or PNB through the cash deposit challan
- Stage-III: Final Completion of application including the fee deposit details
- Those candidates applying through OMR application, should deposit the same with the requisite copied of certificates at the same Post Office from where they take the OMR Application Form.
- For Already applied candidates during 2011 there is a separate OMR application and candidates should take their respective forms during submission
- The benefits of age relaxation will be applicable for natives of Uttar Pradesh State only.