State Bank Of India Recruitment 2015-16 For 2062 Posts Of Probationary Officers – Advt NO. CRPD/PO/2015-16/02
With the recent announcement from the CRPD (Central Recruitment & Promotion Department), State Bank of India (SBI) has announced to recruit huge numbers of competent human resources for the year 2015-16 . There are 2062 posts of Probationary Officers to be recruited.
Cadre of Recruitment: Probationary Officers
Most Critical Dates:
- Date of commencement of Online Registration: 13-April-2015
- Final Date of Online Registration: 02-May-2015
- Date for Payment of Application Fees (Online mode): from 13-April-2015 to 02-May-2015
- Date for Payment of Application Fees (Offline mode): from 03-Sep-2014 to 20-Sep-2014
- Dates for Written Examination: June, 2015 (Tentatively)
Details of Vacancies:
- Total: 2062 positions (UR-812, SC-308, ST-339, OBC-541, PWD-62)
- Out of which Backlog: 393 Posts (SC-67, ST-219, OBC-107, PWD- 14)
Note: There will be no reservation for OBC (Creamy Layer) and they will be treated as General.
Education: (As on 01-September-2015)
- The aspirants must have obtained a Graduation (Bachelors Degree) from a recognized university in India.
- Candidates passing Integrated Dual Degree (IDD) Program can also apply for this provided they have secured their pass certificate.
- Final Year/ Semester candidates may also apply, provisionally subject to the condition that, if called for interview, they will have to produce proof of having passed on or before 01-September-2015.
- The aspirant must not be under 21 years and over 30 years as on 01-April-2015. Candidates must have been born not earlier than 02-April-1985 and not later than 01-April-1994.
- Relaxation in the upper age limit will be applicable as per rules.
- The selected candidates who join the SBI Associate Banks as Probationary Officers will be entitled to receive remuneration in the scale of Rs.14500 – Rs.25700 and other perks as per rules.
- The pay will vary as per city of service and as per rules. The present pay will be around Rs.8,55,000/- per annum at Mumbai for JMGS-I cadre.
Number of Attempts:
- The candidates, who will be appearing this examination, will be allowed only a countable number of attempts as detailed as below:
- General category of candidates: Maximum 4 Attempts only
- PWD from General and OBC/ OBC: Maximum 7 Attempts only
- SC/ST including PWD from SC/ST category: There is no limitation in number of attempts.
- The selection of candidates will be done through a preliminary written examination of 100 marks, main written examination of 250 marks (Online Objective Tests for 200 marks, and Online Descriptive Test for 50 marks), followed by a round of Group Discussion of 20 marks, and Personal Interview of 30 marks, subsequently with verification of documents.
- Preliminary written examination will test the understanding in i) English Language, ii) Quantitative Aptitude, and iii) Reasoning Ability.
- Main written examination will test the understanding in i) General English, ii) f General Awareness, Marketing & Computers, iii) Data Analysis and Interpretation, iv) High Level Test of Reasoning.
- The candidates have to secure a minimum percentile of marks (as decided by the SBI) along with passing in each section of the test.
- The bank will be analysing the response of candidates with others in order to detect pattern of similarity. Such cases if detected will be liable for rejection and debarment from the selection procedure.
Period of Probation:
- The candidates, who will be selected for appointment as PO in SBI, will have to serve the SBI for a probation period of 2 years from the date of their joining.
- They may be promoted to the next higher cadre after successful completion of Probation Period.
Application Fees/ Intimation Charges:
- For SC/ ST/ PWD candidates: Rs.100/- (Intimation Charges only)
- For General, OBC and others: Rs.600/-
The fees can be paid through Master/ Visa Debit/ Credit Cards online.
How to Apply: Apply Online Here
- The candidates can apply ONLINE only through the website of State Bank of India at www.statebankofindia.com or www.sbi.co.in.
- The Admit card/ call letters will be made available on the website only. No hard copy will be mailed to applicants.
- For complete detail on this recruitment, please refer to official recruitment notification from SBI, here, SBI Probationary Officers Recruitment 2015-16.