Majority of the professional lawyers will always try to grow up their children to take-up the same field as a career by guiding them to excel in this profession. It is not impossible for other common people to have such widened knowledge about the lawyer profession, too. Most of the students are interested to take law as a profession with their career with versatile opportunities and convergences. Thanks to the law institutions of our country for providing a valuable and world class education in law to inspire students to take up law as a career.
Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is conducted once in a year to admit students in fourteen National Law Universities/Schools for their under-graduate and post-graduate program.
Check whether you are eligible for applying for the CLAT exam?
- A candidate’s age should not exceed more than twenty years as on 01st July of consequent year of entrance examination. Age relaxation is up to twenty two years in case of Schedule Caste/Schedule Tribe and persons with disability.
- A candidate, who is applying for under-graduate program must be passed in +2, intermediate or equivalent examination from recognized state/central board with minimum of fifty percent aggregate. For candidates from Schedule Caste/Schedule Tribe (SC/ST) and Persons with Disability (PWD), the relaxation of marks is up to 45 percent. Students who are seeking the results of +2 examinations are also eligible to appear the entrance exam.
- Candidates who are looking for admission in post graduates must possess a Bachelors’ degree or equivalent in law or LLB with fifty five percent of aggregate marks. Persons from SC/ST/OBC and PWD, who are applying for exam, have mark relaxation up to fifty percent.
- Candidates who are looking for their results of final year exams can also apply for the exam.
- A residential certificate must be submitted if your availing admission under the state reservation.
How to apply and register for the CLAT exam?
The exam applications are available in specific branches of State Bank ofIndiaand fourteen law schools, who is the conducting authority of the exam. Cost of the application including information brochure is Rs. 3000/-. For SC/ST and PWD candidates, the amount of application is reduced to Rs. 2500/- against their submission of proof.
You can request a application form through post by sending Demand draft for Rs.3000/- (Rs.2500/- for SC/ST) taken in the favor of National Law University, Jodhpur CLAT A/C and payable at Jodhpur (Rajasthan) to The Convener, National Law University, Jodhpur, Nagour Rd., Mandore, Jodhpur-342304 (Rajasthan).
Online application and registration facility is also available for the candidates to apply online by using the official website of CLAT.
Once you are passed the examination, you will receive a call letter from the concerned law school. When two students are getting same marks the student who scored a higher marks in legal aptitude will be taken into consideration or higher age or computerized lot method will be used to decide the candidate.
With a degree with law you can embrace the most versatile and dynamic positions in state or national judiciary with a wit and passion.
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>