Indo Tibetan Border Police force is one of the most important para-military forces operating under the Ministry of Home Affairs Government of India. With the recent announcement from ITBP there are 229 vacancies of Head Constable (Telecommunication) positions to be filled up with competent selection norms. Any Indian citizen (only Male candidates) can apply for these positions.
The details of the recruitment procedure are as follows:
- Date of Final Receipt of Application: 24-Oct-2014
- Date of Final Receipt of Applications from Far-Flung Areas/ North-Eastern States: 31-Oct-2014
- Cut-Off Date for determining age: 24-Oct-2014
Details of the Posts & Number of Vacancies:
- Head Constable (Telecommunication): 229 Posts (UR-116, SC-34, ST-17 & OBC-62)
- The applicants selected for the posts of Head Constable (Telecommunication) will receive remuneration in the Pay Band-1 in the range of Rs.5200-Rs.20200 + Grade Pay Rs.2400 along with other perks and allowances.
- The candidates applying for the positions of Head Constables, must have completed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with an aggregate of 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognized Board or University; OR,
- Must have completed 10th standard with two years Industrial Training Institute Certificate in Electronics or Electrical or Computer from recognized Institute; OR,
- Must have completed 10th standard from a recognized Board with Science (PCM) and with three years Diploma in Electronics or Communication or Instrumentation or Computer Science or Information Technology or Electrical from recognized Institute.
- The candidates should have obtained the minimum age of 18 years and should not have exceeded maximum age of 25 years as on 20-Oct-2014 to become eligible to apply.
- However, the relaxation in upper age is applicable as per rules for reserved category of candidates.
- Height: 170cm (Male)
- Chest: 80cm without expansion and 85cm with expansion
- Weight: Proportionate to height and age
- Eyesight: Minimum distant vision should be 6/6 and 6/9 of both eyes without correction
- The candidate must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose veins or squint in eyes.
- The applicants must be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect
- Permanent tattoos (except small tattoos in the inner side of arm for religious importance) are banned for this recruitment.
- NOTE: Appropriate relaxation will be offered to candidates belonging to Hilly area, or those of SC/ ST category.
Mode of Selection:
The selection of candidates will be following the following procedure:
- Height Bar Test
- Race (5km to be completed in 24 mins for Male and 1.6km to be completed in 8.30 minutes for Female)
- Document Verification
- Physical Standard Test
- Written Exam
- Final Medical Examination
- Unreserved (General) & OBC: Rs. 50 only
- Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, PWD, Women & Ex-Servicemen: Fees exempted
The fee can be deposited through the Central Recruitment Fee Stamps (CRFS) only. Any other mode of payment will not be accepted.
How to Apply?
- The interested candidates can apply through the prescribed format of application as available at the website of ITBP at http://itbpolice.nic.in
- The applications need to be typed on a good quality A4 size paper
- Application completed in all respect and attached with all valid copies of education and age proofs along with the CRFS and a stamped self-addressed envelope must be senOctMar-2014
- The envelope containing the application must be super scribed in bold letters as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF HEAD CONSTABLE (TELECOMMUNICATION) IN ITBP”
- Address to send the completed Application:
The Inspector General
Central Frontier, ITBP
Plot No. 163-164 (E-8), Trilochan Nagar
P.O.-TrilangaNear Shahpura, Bhopal (MP), PIN Code-462039
- For other updates related to recruitment in ITBP, please visit www.itbpolice.nic.in and www.itbp.gov.in