TMB is one of the strongest scheduled commercial banks from South India. It has one of the strongest financial positions and it boasts of a very high CAR as per Basel II norms and also having a consistently growing track record as visible in the numbers below.
The bank had achieved a turnover of Rs. 12088 Crores in foreign exchange for the year ended March 2012. In terms of Forex turnover, this bank ranks first among the Tamilnadu based private sector banks. The bank is known for its quick and efficient service in this segment. With a view to provide enhanced facilities to the bank’s customers the Foreign Exchange Department which was functioning at Tuticorin has been shifted to Chennai as International Banking Division.
With the recent notification this bank is inviting applications for the Positions of Clerks in its various branches:
Name of the vacancies notified: Clerks
Important dates to reckon:
- Starting date for online e-registration: 28th of Nov 2012
- Closing date for Online e-registration: 20th of Dec 2012
- Last date for sending hard copy of e-application: 25th of Dec 2012
Selected candidates will be placed at a Branch / Office of the Bank anywhere in India on Probation for a period of one year. They will be fixed in the pay scale of INR 7200 – INR 20100 with applicable DA.
The emoluments during the period of probation will be approximately is INR 15000 per month.
- The candidate must have a Graduation (Arts, Commerce & Science) other than Engineering category with minimum of 50% marks or a Post Graduate, from a in regular college course with knowledge in Computer Operations.
- An Engineering Graduate with 55% marks in regular college course with knowledge in Computer Operations.
The candidate must not cross 24 years (for Graduates) and 26 years (for Post Graduates) as on 30th of Sep 2012.
The applicants will have to pay a fee of Rs. 300.00 (Rs. 150.00 for SC / ST Candidates) by way of crossed demand draft drawn in favor of Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Ltd. Payable at Thoothukudi / Tuticorin or Tirunelveli.
The candidates should appear for an ONLINE Objective Type Examination to be held at Chennai, Madurai, Salem, Tirunelveli, Trichy and Thoothukudi centres. The date, Time and Venue of Online Test will be communicated to the eligible candidates individually by post. After evaluation, on the basis of the Online Test, candidates will be short listed for a personal interview in the order of merit.
How to apply:
- The candidates can apply online through the web portal of bank at //career.tmb.in/jobinfo.htm?job_num=CO1202
- The applicant need to submit online after remitting requisite fees and must retain the hard copy to send that by post to the address mentioned below
- The hard copy must reach the following address before 5 days from the last date of registering online (25th of Dec 2012)
- The applicant must sing at appropriate spaces and must fix his recent PP size photograph at the space provided
- Incomplete or wrong information may lead to disqualification of the candidate
Address to send the completed application:
The General Manager
Human Resources Development Department
Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Ltd.
Head Office, # 57, V. E. Road
Thoothukudi – 628 002