Odisha Public Service Commission, as one of the apex authorities for recruitment and administrative support for government departments and functionaries has invited application from eligible candidates for recruitment to 27 (twenty seven) posts of Geologist in (Group-B) of Odisha Mining and Geology Service under Steel and Mines department.
Name of Post: The post of Geologist in (Group-B) of Odisha Mining and Geology Service under Steel and Mines Department.
Total Number of Vacancies: As per requisition filed by the Steel and Mines Department, the total number of vacancies are– 27 (10 -Women)
1. Last date for online application will be 10.11.2012 11:59 P.M.
2. Last date for depositing the application fee amount in SBI is 14.11.2012.
3. Last date of receiving of hard copy of online application form and other required documents is 24.11.2012 by 5.00 P.M.
- Education:-2nd Class M.Sc. in Geology /Applied Geology from any recognized University in India /Diploma in Applied Geology from Indian School of Mines and Applied Geology, Dhanbad degree, diploma or certificate of Indian Institute of Technology or from any other institute where such degree, diploma or certificate is considered equivalent to Post-graduate degree in Geology .
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
Candidate should be minimum 21 years of age and maximum 32 years of age on the 1st August, 2012 (born between or on 2nd August, 1980 to 1st August, 1991.) Age relaxation by 10 (ten) years for Physically Handicapped candidates and 5 years for ST/SC/ S.E.B.C. / Women / Ex-servicemen.
The scale of pay of Rs.9300-34800/- carrying Grade Pay of Rs.4600/- with usual Dearness and other Allowances as may be sanctioned by the Government of Odisha.
Application Fee & How to :
A candidate is required to pay of Rs.200/-(Rupees two hundred) only (non-refundable and non-adjustable fee). Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe of Odisha is exempted from the fee.
Selection Process: The selection will be made on the basis of career assessment and Viva Voce Test. The Commission may conduct interview by making a preliminary selection by either evaluating of their academic career (minimum educational qualification) or by conducting a preliminary written test as per their requirement.
Mode of Application: Mode of application is Online. For application log on to website (http://opsconline.gov.in)
How to Apply:
Interested and eligible candidates are suggested to apply online from the website of Odisha Public Service Commission only.
Go through Instruction to fill up online application and Guidelines for scanning and Uploading Photograph, Full Signature & Left Hand Thumb Impression.
During Online application candidates are requested to upload the scanned image of following:-
- Latest passport size photograph
- Scanned image of his/her full signature
- Scanned image of Left hand Thumb Impression (LTI).
The candidates are required to take and send a printout of the Online Application Form and hard copy of Online Challan (Pay-in-Slip). Note down the Unique Registration ID mentioned on finally submitted application form for future reference.
Applicants are required to take the Printout/Hard copy of the Online Application Form and send it along with specified documents/ certificates and all as requested along with OPSC copy of challan by Registered Post/Speed Post/Courier Service to the Special Secretary, Odisha Public Service Commission, 19, Dr. P.K. Parija Road, Cuttack-753001 so as to reach the same in OPSC lately by November 24, 2012.
Candidates are required to super-scribed as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF GEOLOGIST” on the envelope containing the application.
For more detail on this recruitment please refer to official advertisement from OPSC here OPSC Recruitment 2012 – 2013 For The Post of Geologist