NTPC Opens Its GATE-Way For 2013 To Young And Dynamic Engineers As Engineering Executive Trainees
NTPC Limited is the largest power generation facility in India with a commissioned capacity of 39174 MW through its 30 power stations. This company has been conferred with prestigious Maharatna status by the Govt. of India for its outstanding achievements in Power Generation. NTPC added a record capacity of power generation during the year 2011-12 surpassing its earlier best. With a proactive planning, this company aims at a capacity of capacity of 128000 MW by the year 2032. NTPC has been ranked the 3rd in India’s Best Companies to work for during a survey in the year 2012.
With its extensive expansion plan and on-going reforms this company opens a challenging opportunity for young, dynamic and ambitious professionals having Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering for its Engineering Executive Trainees positions.
The category-wise vacancies and requisite criteria for selection are as indicated below:
Name of the Position: Engineering Executive Trainees
Stream of Recruitment:
- Electrical – 60 Positions
- Mechanical – 100 Positions
- Civil – 15 Positions
- Instrumentation – 17 positions
- Electronics – 17 positions
Note: Reservation for scheduled categories will be done as per directives from the Government
Important Eligibility Factor:
Interested candidates must clear GATE-2013 examination with respective branches as per the positions advertised. Without GATE-2013 qualification, no candidates will be eligible for consideration. The candidates may log on to www.ntpccareers.net, for other details.
- Starting date for receipt of GATE-2013 Application – 1 Sept’12
- Last date for online submission of Application – 30 Sept’12
- GATE-2013 Online Examination – 20 Jan’13
- GATE-2013 Offline Examination – 10 Feb’13
For NTPC Recruitment of Engineering Executive Trainees:
- Starting date for online submission of application by candidates with GATE-2013 Registration Number – 10th of December 2012
- Ending date for online submission of Application – 31st of December 2012
- Candidates having full time Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology/ AMIE with not less than 65% marks, taking average of all the Semesters/ Years, irrespective of the weightage given to any particular semester/ year are eligible to apply.
- Candidates currently studying in the final semester/final year of their engineering studies in the above mentioned disciplines are also eligible to apply. However, if selected they must be in a position to submit their final mark sheet (not less than 65% of marks)
- The candidate must not have attained the upper age limit of 27 years as on 1st of January 2013.
- Candidates born before 1st of January 1986 need not apply for these posts.
- However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit for scheduled categories as per norms.
The selected candidates will have to undergo one year training at various locations. The region in which the selected candidates will be posted will be decided at the time of joining. However, final place of posting in that region will be allocated only after successful completion of training.
NTPC Ltd. offers one of the best pay packages in the industry. The selected candidates will be placed in the pay scale of Rs.24900-Rs.50500 in the E-II Grade. In addition, they will be entitled to draw Other Allowance, Performance Related Pay, Medical Reimbursement and others as admissible in E-II Grade.
Service Agreement Bond:
The Selected candidates who belong to General and OBC categories will be required to execute a service agreement bond of Rs.250000 (Rs.125000 for candidates belonging to SC, ST and PWDs) to serve the company for at least 3 years after successful completion of the training.
Mode of Selection:
- Eligible candidates who wish to apply for the position of Engineering Executive Trainees in the above disciplines through NTPC will be required to first appear in GATE-2013
- Based on the GATE-2013 score, candidates will be shortlisted for Group Discussion and/or Personal Interview in the above disciplines.
- It should be noted that only GATE-2013 score is valid for this recruitment exercise.
- For general and OBC: Rs. 150
- For all others: NIL
- The fee can be deposited in the State Bank of India Account Number: 30987919993 at CAG branch, New Delhi, on behalf of NTPC
How to Apply:
- Candidates will have to apply online in NTPC indicating their GATE-2013 Registration Number on the career section of NTPC website (www.ntpccareers.net).
- A Candidate can apply for any one post/discipline only.
- After applying online, candidate is required to take a print out of the Application Form generated by the system with unique registration number, and other details.
- Candidates called for Group Discussion and/or Interview will be required to produce the same documents at the time of Group Discussion and/or Interview.
For more detail on this recruitment please refer to official advertisement from NTPC here //www.ntpccareers.net/ad2013.pdf