BEL Invites Proactive Young Engineers To Join Its Team As Probationary Engineers Through GATE-2013
Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) is a Navratna PSU and is among one of the eight PSUs working under the Ministry of Defence, Government of India. This PSU is a flagship company under the state ownership and offers its electronics support to defence establishments in India.
BEL is looking for committed, passionate and vibrant young Graduate Engineers for filling up various disciplines as Probationary Engineers. The category-wise vacancies and requisite criteria for selection are as indicated below:
Name of the Position: Probationary Engineer
Stream of Recruitment:
- Electronics & Communication Engineering (EC) – 80 Positions
- Mechanical Engineering (ME) – 25 Positions
- Computer Science & Information Technology (CS) – 45 Positions
Note: Reservation for scheduled categories will be done as per directives from the Government
Important Eligibility Factor:
Interested candidates must clear GATE-2013 examination with respective branches as per the positions advertised. Without GATE-2013 qualification, no candidates will be eligible for consideration. The candidates may log on to www.bel-india.in, for other details.
- Commencement of online submission of Application for GATE-2013 – 1 Sept’12
- Last date for online submission of Application – 30 Sept’12
- GATE-2013 Online Examination – 20 Jan’13
- GATE-2013 Offline Examination – 10 Feb’13
For BEL Recruitment of Probationary Engineers:
- Opening of BEL website for online submission of application by candidates with GATE-2013 Registration Number – 28th of December 2012
- Last date for submission of online application in BEL by candidates – 14th of February 2013
- General and OBC candidates – 1st Class Bachelors Degree in Engineering in the concerned disciplines (pass mark for SC/ ST)
- Candidates having 1st class Degree in AMIE and AMIETE are also eligible to apply
- Candidates currently studying in the final semester/final year of their engineering studies in the above mentioned disciplines are also eligible to apply. However, if selected they must be in a position to submit their final mark sheet by 31st of August 2013
The candidate must not have attained the upper age limit of 25 years as on 1st of June 2013. However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit for scheduled categories as per norms.
The requisite openings are for the locations of BEL offices at Bangalore (Karnataka), Chennai (Tamil Nadu), Ghaziabad (UP), Hyderabad (Andhra Pradesh), Kotdwara (Uttaranchal), Machilipatnam (Andhra Pradesh), Navi Mumbai (Maharashtra), Panchkula (Haryana), Pune (Maharashtra), and other offices of BEL.
The selected candidates will be placed in the pay scale of Rs.16400-Rs.40500 in the E-II Grade. In addition, they will be entitled to draw DA, HRA, Conveyance Allowance, Performance Related Pay, Medical Reimbursement and others as admissible in E-II Grade.
Service Agreement Bond:
The Selected candidates will be required to undergo Orientation/ On-Job training for a period of 6 months. They will be required to execute a Service Agreement to serve the company for a minimum period of 3 years after training and should be willing to serve in any of the Units/ Regional Offices of BEL. The amount payable for breach of Service Contract is Rs.300000 only.
Mode of Selection:
- Eligible candidates who wish to apply for the position of Probationary Engineer in the above disciplines in BEL will be required to first appear in GATE-2013
- Based on the GATE-2013 score, candidates will be shortlisted for Group Discussion and/or Personal Interview in the above disciplines.
- It should be noted that only GATE-2013 score is valid for this recruitment exercise.
How to Apply:
- Candidates will have to apply online in BEL indicating their GATE-2013 Registration Number on the career section of BEL website (www.bel-india.in).
- A Candidate can apply for any one post/discipline only.
- After applying online, candidate is required to take a print out of the Application Form generated by the system with unique registration number, and other details.
- Candidates called for Group Discussion and/or Interview will be required to produce the same documents at the time of Group Discussion and/or Interview.
For more detail on this recruitment please refer to official advertisement from BEL here //www.bel-india.in/images/itm-pdfs/13-Sept-2012-GATE_2013.pdf