J&K (Jammu & Kashmir) is considered as a state with special stature under the sovereign government of India. This state enjoys some of the special benefits for its inhabitants in the government cadre jobs and other facilities. The state Service Selection Board is one of the most important nodal agencies offering collateral support to the state government for hiring competent manpower for various positions in the state and district cadre.
With the recent announcement from the J&K Service Selection Board, there is an announcement for filling up 5181 positions in the state and district level.
The details of the vacancies and the criteria for selection are detailed as under:
Advertisement Notice No. 06 of 2013
Details of the Vacancies:
Total number of vacancies: 5181 posts
- State Level – 108 Posts (OM-65, RBA-19, SC-11, ST-10, ALC-02, OSC-01)
- Kashmir Division – 247 Posts (OM-155, RBA-37, SC-19, ST-20, ALC-7, OSC-9)
- Jammu Division – 307 Posts (OM-201, RBA-47, SC-22, ST-25, ALC-8, OSC-4)
- Anantnag District – 236 Posts (OM-134, RBA-50, SC-20, ST-22, ALC-6, OSC-4)
- Bandipora District – 124 Posts (OM-71, RBA-25, SC-10, ST-11, ALC-5, OSC-2)
- Baramulla District – 465 Posts (OM-264, RBA-95, SC-39, ST-45, ALC-13, OSC-9)
- Budgam District – 218 Posts (OM-124, RBA-44, SC-19, ST-20, ALC-7, OSC-4)
- Ganderbal District – 42 Posts (OM-25, RBA-8, SC-4, ST-4, ALC-1)
- Kulgam District – 117 Posts (OM-66, RBA-24, SC-12, ST-10, ALC-3, OSC-2)
10. Pulwama District – 132 Posts (OM-77, RBA-27, SC-11, ST-12, ALC-3, OSC-2)
11. Kupwara District – 168 Posts (OM-94, RBA-34, SC-16, ST-17, ALC-4, OSC-3)
12. Shopian District – 48 Posts (OM-28, RBA-10, SC-5, ST-3, ALC-1, OSC-1)
13. Srinagar District – 60 Posts (OM-36, RBA-11, SC-5, ST-5, ALC-2, OSC-1)
14. Jammu District – 607 Posts (OM-341, RBA-123, SC-53, ST-60, ALC-19, OSC-11)
15. Kathua District – 271 Posts (OM-154, RBA-56, SC-25, ST-24, ALC-8, OSC-4)
16. Doda District – 319 Posts (OM-179, RBA-67, SC-29, ST-30, ALC-9, OSC-5)
17. Kishtwar District – 155 Posts (OM-85, RBA-32, SC-17, ST-14, ALC-5, OSC-2)
18. Poonch District – 284 Posts (OM-160, RBA-61, SC-22, ST-28, ALC-9, OSC-4)
19. Rajouri District – 399 Posts (OM-227, RBA-81, SC-35, ST-37, ALC-12, OSC-7)
20. Ramban District – 284 Posts (OM-158, RBA-61, SC-29, ST-25, ALC-8, OSC-3)
21. Reasi District – 178 Posts (OM-100, RBA-40, SC-14, ST-15, ALC-6, OSC-3)
22. Samba District – 153 Posts (OM-84, RBA-33, SC-16, ST-14, ALC-4, OSC-2)
23. Udhampur District – 259 Posts (OM-149, RBA-55, SC-22, ST-23, ALC-6, OSC-4)
- Starting Date of Availability of OMR Application and Submission of Application: 14-May-2013
- Last Date of Availability of OMR Application and Submission of Application: 10-June-2013
The candidates need to be a graduate in any discipline and should have special skills and certificates as per the vacancies concerned. For individual posts, candidates can refer to the complete Ad on the website of J&K SSB at //www.jkssb.nic.in/
Age Specific Requirements:
The candidates need to be within 18 years of minimum age and should not exceed 37 years as on 01-January-2013. However, the maximum age limit can be extended further for privileged categories as per rules of the state.
The applicants will be inducted in two scales:
- Scale-I: Rs.5200-Rs.20200 with different Grade Pays ranging from Rs.1800 to Rs.2800 in PB-I
- Scale-II: Rs.9300-Rs.34800 with different Grade Pays ranging from Rs.4200 to Rs.4280 in PB-II
The candidates applying for the posts will be selected on a Merit Ranking basis through a Written Examination, Viva-Voice Test and Skill Test (wherever applicable).
The dates for the concerned selection examinations will be notified in due time through the website of the SSB at www.jkssb.nic.in.
The final merit list will be declared by the Board in due course.
The candidates can purchase Application Forms at the defined counters of the Banks in the state of J&K as per the details of banks as available at the website of the J&K SSB at www.jkssb.nic.in.
The cost for one OMR Application will be Rs.200 which has to be remitted by cash at the counters concerned
How to Apply:
Applications completed in all respect along with the OMR sheet and original copies of the credentials, certificates, etc. can be deposited to the following offices on or before the scheduled last date (i.e. 10-June-2013)
No other mode of submission will however be accepted.
Address to send the completed Application Forms along with all documents:
- The District Employment and counseling centre’s of the concerned districts.
- In respect of Districts Srinagar and Jammu the OMR application forms can also be deposited in the Divisional Offices of the Board, besides the District Employment and counseling centers.
- Offices of SDM Bani, Basholi, Dudu-Basantgarh, Karnah, Gurez, Tangdar, Zanaskar, Khaltsi, Drass, Nobra, Nyoma Tehsildar Marwah, Naib Tehsildar Inshan (Wardwan), BDO Dachhan for these areas.
- Candidates presently residing/working outside the State can also deposit their application forms in the Office of the In-charge Migrant Cell, Residential Commissioner Office, 5 Prithvi Raj Road, New Delhi.