<Technorati Code – 8856HYRN7W68>
Indian Army is considered as one of the best and Combat Forces in the world. Its main objective is to offer safety and security to the borders of our motherland. Action with bravery is the main motto of this service wing. With highly scientific and technology warfare combat technology this combatized force has been considered as one of the best of the national security forces across the world.
Indian Army periodically recruits committed individuals to join this enchanting career. The demand is for candidates who are capable in health and mind and have a zeal for protecting the motherland. This service provides one of the most prestigious category of jobs with all facilities as well.
In continuation to the fill up the vacancies for various category of soldiers, an open recruitment rally will be held by the Army Recruiting Office, Calicut for enrolment into Army. This rally will be organized from 15-Feb-2013 to 18-Feb-2013 at Government Stadium, Kavaratti only for male candidates of UT of Lakshadweep.
The details of the vacancies are as underneath:
a) Dates of Army recruitment Rally: 15-Feb-2013 to 18-Feb-2013
b) Date of Medical Fitness Test: 16-Feb-2013 to 18-Feb-2013
c) Press Meet: 17-Feb-2013 at 1000 Hours tentatively
d) Ex-Servicemen Meet: 18-Feb-2013 at 1100 Hours
e) Date for written examination (for medically fit): 24-Feb-2013
f) Date of written examination (for review medial fit candidates): 28-Feb-2013
Reporting Time: 0600 hours on each day for candidates from all Islands of UT of Lakshadweep
- For Soldiers in all categories (Clerk/Stores Keeper, Technical, Nursing Assistant and Tradesmen) except for general duty: 17&1/2 years minimum and 23 years maximum age
- For Soldiers in general duty: 17&1/2 years minimum and 21 years maximum age
- Soldier – Tradesman – 8th Pass
- Soldier – Technical – 10+2 Science with Physics, Chemistry, Maths or VHSE part-I,II,III with simple pass in Physics, Chemistry and Maths
- Soldier – Nursing Assistant – 10+2 Science with at least 50% marks in aggregate and 40% marks in each subject (similar percentage apply for VHSE candidates)/ BSc pass
- Soldier – Clerk/ Storekeeper – 10+2 Science with at least 50% marks in aggregate and 40% marks in each subject (similar percentage apply for VHSE candidates) and must have studied Maths, Accounting, Book keeping, etc./ BSc pass (there is no percentage for BSc pass candidates)
- Soldier – General Duty – 8th class pass with mark sheet duly signed by the Dist. Education Officer
The selection will be base upon the performance of the candidate in Physical Test, and Medical Fitness Test. A written exam will be held later for rally selected candidates. The most competent candidate as per merit will be offered preference for joining this post.
Essential Documents to be Accompanied to Rally:
a) Educational Qualification certificate in photocopy and in ORIGINAL.
b) Fifteen copies of latest passport size color photographs. (Polaroid camera photos and Computer photos will not be accepted)
c) Nativity /Permanent Residence certificate and Caste Certificate from Tehsildar/Deputy Commissioner in ORIGINAL in English
d) Character certificate from Village Officer/Local police officer in original not more than six months old
e) Discharge Book and Relationship certificate in original in case of Sons of ex-servicemen, serving personnel and war widows etc.
f) NCC A, B & C cert in ORIGINAL in case of NCC candidates
g) Candidate between 17 ½ and 18 Yrs must have an Affidavit on Rs.10/- Non Judicial stamp paper in English
h) Volunteers should be UNMARRIED if below 21 yrs of age.
i) State level and above Sports certificates
Note: Three photocopies of all above documents duly attested are required.