Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board (DSSSB) Invites Application For Filling Up On Multiple Positions In Government Of NCT Of Delhi And Other Autonomous Bodies
Delhi subordinate Services Selection Board (DSSSB) has been established by the Government of NCT of Delhi on the 50th Anniversary of India’s Independence for establishing a perfect coordination among selection of competent professionals under various Group B and Group C cadre recruitments for different positions under the Government of NCT of Delhi and its subsidiary autonomous bodies.
With the recent notification number 02/2012, the DSSSB invites applications from competent individuals for different posts under the Group B and Group C cadre. Candidates interested for such vacancies can see the details of the advertisement in the website of DSSSB at www.dsssb.delhigovt.nic.in.
1. Application Form:
• All candidates are requested to apply only through the prescribed Application forms for all the required categories of jobs available at the website of DSSSB.
• The Application Form should be filled up in own handwriting by the candidate and with his/her self signature on the form.
• The application need to be made on a good quality A3-size paper or 70-GSM legal bond paper.
• Opening date for receipt of application form is 15-05-2012 and the closing date is on 15-06-2012. In case, the closing date is a Sunday or a holiday the last date for receipt of application will be the next working day.
• The application forms can be received in person from the administrative building of DSSSB at Kakardooma, Institutional Area on every working day from 10:00 AM till 5:00 PM. The application form counter will be closed on Saturday, Sunday and other public holidays
• The filled in application forms with all complete formalities should be submitted by hand or by post to the office of the board on or before the last date of submission on 15-06-2012. The board will not be responsible for any postal or any such delay of the receipt of the forms.
2. Important dates:
• Opening date for receipt of applications: 15-05-2012
• Closing date for receipt of application: 15-06-2012
• Dates for purchase of IPOs for fee payments: on or in between 15-05-2012 and 15-06-2012
3. Important Information:
It is expected that the following instructions are to be strictly followed while submitting the completed application forms:
i) Each Application Form has to be filled up in the candidate’s own handwriting in the prescribed Application Form only.
ii) One passport size, clear resolution, light background color photograph is to be affixed to the application form. Black and White, Blurred, Polaroid photographs will not be accepted and the candidature will be subjected for rejection.
iii) Any candidate seeking reservation in special categories like SC/ST, OBC, PWD must obtain a certificate with respect to their claims from competent authorities of Government of NCT of Delhi, without which their candidature will be considered as unreserved applications.
iv) The vacancies notified under each specific positions will subject to change and that is also applicable for reservation categories without any prior notice. In such circumstances, the Board will not be responsible for any inconvenience caused to the applicants.
v) Biometric systems will be used for identification of candidates at all examination centers
vi) The Board will conduct the preliminary and the main entrance examination in continuation. The combined duration of both the examinations will be of 3 hours, where the preliminary examination will be of 1 hour duration and immediately followed by the main examination which will be of 2 hours duration.
4. Examination Scheme:
• There are all total 165 types of jobs are announced to be filled up by this recruitment drive. There will be different test patterns adopted for each of the posts as per the descriptions mentioned below:
• Part-I: Preliminary Examination (Objective Type)
It will be conducted basing on the specific criteria as per the specific specification as declared on the website of the DSSSB. The test will consist of General Awareness, General Intelligence, Reasoning ability, Arithmetical and Numerical ability, test of understanding of language proficiency in Hindi and English, along with specific test of knowledge as per the each vacancy as described in the notification.
• Part-II: One Tier Main Examination (OTM-Objective Type – For certain specific posts)
This examination will be followed on the same date of the Preliminary Examination and will be of 2 hours duration. The tests will be for the evaluation of General Awareness, General Intelligence, Elementary Arithmetic, Test of English and Hindi language proficiency, and a special section of questions required for specific post related skills.
• Part-III: Skill Test:
There is a provision of Skill test for the candidates applying for the posts of Typists/ Stenography/ Drivers/ Data Entry Operators. The tests are devised on the scientifically proven methods to observe the speed, accuracy, reasoning ability and the perception and reaction tests.
• Part-IV: Main Examinations for posts other than those included in the OTM Examination (Descriptive Type)
This examination will be descriptive type with a total mark of 200 for 10 questions equally divided over 20 marks each. The candidates will have to answer each question in the specific question-cum-answer sheet and no additional papers will be provided to the candidates for this test.
• Candidates can appear in either Hindi or English except the language papers where the questions will be in the same language as intended by the candidate.
• The minimum qualifying mark for Preliminary Examination will be 40% for general category and 30% for reserved category subject to a maximum of 6 to 10 times of the available vacancies for candidates in each category.
• The minimum qualifying mark for Main Examination will be 45% for general category and 35% for the reserved category
• There will be no penalty markings for wrong answers
• There is no provision for re-checking, re-evaluation of answer sheets as per the Board norms
• The board reserves the right to withdraw/ cancel any question in order to maintain an uniform level
The questions for all the tests will constitute of questions relating to India and its neighboring countries, especially pertaining to History, Art & Culture, Geography, Economics, Polity & Constitution, Sports, Everyday Science, Scientific Research, National/International Organizations /Institutions and Current Affairs, etc. Apart from that the questions will be consisting of general reasoning, analogies, space visualization, problem solving, similarities, differences, mathematical questions about Number Systems including Simplification, Decimals, Fractions, L.C.M., H.C.F., Ratio & Proportion, Percentage, Average, Profit & Loss, Algebra, Commercial Maths, Equations, Trigonometry, Statistics, Probability, etc.
The language section of the examination will constitute of questions about Vocabulary, Grammar, Sentence Structure, Synonyms, Antonyms and its correct usage, etc.
6. Time of Examination:
The Part-I Preliminary Examination will be conducted from 10:30 to 11:30 AM and immediately followed by the Main Examination from 11:30 AM till 1:30 PM. The examination schedules will be published later in leading newspapers and the Board website at www.dsssb.delhigovt.nic.in. Candidates are requested to get updates for this announcement from time to time.
7. Mode of Payment of Examination Fees:
i) Each application form must accompany with a crossed Indian Postal Order for Rs. 100 (one hundred only) for Group B positions and Rs. 50 (fifty only) for Group C positions in favor of ‘The Secretary, Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board’ payable at Krishna Nagar, Head Post Office, Delhi- 110051.
ii) The date of issue of the IPO should be on or after the date of publication of notification in the employment news or the website
iii) Any candidate seeking benefit of fee concession under privilege categories of application should invariably submit the evidential proof of his claim from competent authorities of Government of NCT of Delhi
iv) The candidate should clearly mention his name and address in Capital Letters in the space provided on the IPO
v) The fees once paid will not be refunded back under any circumstances
8. Important documents to be attached with the application form.
Each candidate should attached the following documents with his application form without which the application form will be treated incomplete and will be summarily considered for rejection
i) Indian Postal Order of requisite amount (Rs 100 for Group B and Rs. 50 for Group C posts)
ii) A self addressed postcard with postal stamp of Rs.6 affixed, which will be used as the acknowledgement of the ID number from the Board. Candidate must write the post code, advertisement number, and name of the post on the postcard.
iii) Two recent, front facing, light background, detailed resolution and clear passport sixe photographs (One to be pasted on the application and the other should be attested by a Gazetted Officer attached carefully to the application form)
iv) Photocopy of matriculation certificate duly attested by a Gazetted Officer
v) Photocopies of Degree, Diploma, and other academic certificates duly attested in support of educational qualification
vi) Privilege certificate in support of claim for relaxation in facilities (Caste certificate, Physical disability certificate, etc.)
vii) In case of Government/ department employees, the photocopies of application informing the authority about the application for the concerned vacancy posts
viii) Sports certificate in support of relaxation claimed again such categories
The Board reserves the right to change the minimum level of qualifying marks. Apart from this if any two candidates secure the same marks on the merit list, the candidate with older age would be selected. There will be a separate merit list for all concerned posts wherever applicable. The board does not maintain any reserve list in selection.
Keeping in view the fair and honest selection, any person found of providing misleading or inappropriate facts, or any wrong information will be debarred from the selection procedure. Any person doing any sort of malpractice, personification and canvassing will be rejected from appearing the selection examination. In any matter related to the selection procedure, the decision of the Board will be accepted as final and binding and no enquiry and correspondence in this regard will be entertained by the Board. If, however, any such dispute arises in the selection procedure or the notification, the legal formalities are subject to the judicial boundaries of courts and tribunals in Delhi only.
In case of any discrepancy in the various versions of question papers or correspondence, the English version will be considered as the final version. All candidates are advised to submit their application forms well in advance to avoid the last minute hassles. The application form and the prescribed format for other documents can be downloaded from the website of Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board at www.dsssb.delhigovt.nic.in. For any queries and updates candidates can keep tracking the information and notifications on the web portal of the Board in future.
For more detail information on this advertisement, please visit //delhi.gov.in/wps/wcm/connect/ee74b2004b3416f3978bdf53a18bfeba/Addvertisement+No.+0212.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&lmod=-1980445549