The Directorate of Social Welfare under the State Government of Uttar Pradesh is playing a major role in the Social Welfare activities of the state. Starting from the implementation of Mid-Day meal system in the schools, to the educational development and the scholarships for meritorious students all activities are being carried out by the Social Welfare Directorate in the state. The Directorate also plays a major role in the development of Villages in the state with its consistent efforts for rural development. It is also playing an active role in expenses related to MP LAD funds.
With the recent initiative from the Directorate of Social Welfare, Government of Uttar Pradesh, a combined recruitment notification has been published to induct Village Development Officers (Social Welfare) for staffing Category-C posts with the Directorate. The recruitment will be conducted through a merit basis selection modality.
The details of the application criteria and the minimum eligibility conditions are detailed as under: Advt. No. 881/SW/Group C rectt/2013-14
- Starting date for receipt of completed Application: 29-July-2013
- Last date for receipt of completed Application: 20-Aug-2013 till 5:00 PM
- Date for reckoning Age, Education and Qualification: 01-July-2013
- Date of Selection Examination: Will be notified later
Number of vacancies:
Village Development Officer: 200 vacancies
- Out of which 100 Positions are unreserved, 42 Posts are reserved for SC, 04 Positions are reserved for ST and remaining 54 Posts are reserved for OBC category of candidates
Mode of Submission of Candidature: Through prescribed format of application available at the websites of Directorate of Social Welfare at http://dirsamajkalyan.in
Pay Provisions and Remunerations:
- The candidates successfully selected as Village Development Officer positions will be entitled to receive a remuneration in the Pay Scale of PB-I with Rs.5200 – Rs.20200 and a Grade Pay of Rs.2000 per month
Vital Academic Requirements:
- The candidates must have completed Intermediate Education (10+2) from any recognized University or Board and should have Certificate of Computer Proficiency
- In case of equality of qualification, candidates having NCC ‘B’ certificate/ the persons who have served the Territorial Army for a period of 2 years will be given preference.
- An applicant must not have crossed the maximum age of 40 years and should be above 18 years as on 01-July-2013
- However there will be relaxation in upper age limit applicable for SC, ST, OBC and Ex-SM candidates as per rules.
- The selection of candidates will be done through a Written Test (WT), and an Interview as per the discretion of the Directorate of Social Welfare
How to Apply:
- The candidates fulfilling all eligibility criteria can apply through the prescribed format of application as available from the website of Directorate of Social Welfare at http://dirsamajkalyan.in or at http://dirsamajkalyan.in/pdf/samajkalyan_30072013.pdf
- After filling up the form, the candidates have to attach the Application Form with all necessary credential documents and send that to the address mentioned below so as to reach by the final date of notification
- The envelope containing the application form must be super-scribed as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF VILLAGE DEVELOPMENT OFFICER (SOCIAL WELFARE) – DIRECT ENTRY” in bold and capital letter.
- The candidates need to attach 2 numbers of self-addressed envelope affixing Rs.39 postal stamp each on it
- The decision of Directorate will be final and binding on the candidates
- The applications should be forwarded by Registered Post/ Speed Post only. No other mode of Application will be accepted.
- Address to send completed application form:
The Director (Social Welfare)
Directorate of Social Welfare
3, Prag Narayan Road, Lucknow – 206001, UP