Tripura Public Service Commission (TPSC) is a statutory organization at the state level, functioning as a nodal agency for competent selection of candidates for various Group ‘B’ and Group ‘A’ positions in the state. Since its establishment this Public Service Commission is working tirelessly for recruiting higher level candidates with competent selection for the Public Services of Government of Tripura. The commission is functioning as per the guidelines of the Union Public Service Commission as functioning at the central level.
With an intention to fill up 150 vacancies of Assistant Professors under the Higher Education Department of the state government for the year 2014, the Tripura Public Service Commission will hold the Competitive Selection Examination for candidates in accordance with the Government of Tripura regulations. The posts are intended only for SC & ST candidates from the Tripura State.
The details of the application and the procedure for submission of application are detailed as under.
- The last date of receiving application: 11-July-2014 till 05:00 PM
- Date for determining Age & Education: 11-July-2014
Name & Number of Vacancies:
Assistant Professor – Group ‘A’ Gazetted (in Govt. (Gen) Degree colleges under Higher Education Department): 150 Posts (SC-25, ST-125)
- Library & Information Science: 02 Posts
- Bio Chemistry: 02 Posts
- Arabic: 04 Posts
- Microbiology: 02 Posts
- English: 10 Posts
- Bengali: 10 Posts
- Education: 10 Posts
- Philosophy: 07 Posts
- History: 10 Posts
10. Pol. Science: 05 Posts
11. Bio Technology: 02 Posts
12. Physics: 05 Posts
13. Mathematics: 05 Posts
14. Chemistry: 05 Posts
15. Zoology: 08 Posts
16. Botany: 08 Posts
17. Physiology: 08 Posts
18. Environmental Science: 07 Posts
19. Economics: 05 Posts
20. Physical Education: 08 Posts
21. Sanskrit: 04 Posts
22. Psychology: 02 Posts
23. Geography: 05 Posts
24. Hindi: 03 Posts
25. Sociology: 03 Posts
26. Information Technology: 02 Posts
27. CSE: 02 Posts
28. Statistics: 02 Posts
29. Commerce: 03 Posts
30. Defense Studies: 01 Post
Assistant Professor in Law (Tripura Government Law College): 04 Posts (SC-01, ST-02, UR-01)
Assistant Professor (Regional College of Physical Education, Panisagar): 02 Posts (SC-01, ST-01)
Pay Scale and Remunerations:
- The applicants selected for the post of Assistant Professor will receive a Scale PB-II in the range of Rs.15600 – RS.39100 with Grade Pay of Rs.60000 per month along with other allowances and perks as applicable.
- The applicant must have good academic record (as defined by the concerned University) with at least 55% of the marks or equivalent grade (where grading system is adopted) at the Master’s degree level in relevant subjects from a recognized University.
- The applicant must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by UGC, CSIR Or, SLET/ SET for Lectureship.
- However, NET/SLET/SET shall not be required for such Masters Degree Programs in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET accredited test is not conducted by UGC.
- for Engineering & Technology discipline, the candidates should have obtained Master’s Degree with 55% marks in the appropriate branch of Engineering/ Technology.
- For Physical Education discipline, the candidates must have a Master’s Degree in Physical Education with at least 55% of marks and must have passed NET/ SLET/ SET.
- 5% of relaxation in marks will be applicable for SC/ ST & PWD candidates as well as PhD holders in concerned disciplines.
- Knowledge in Bengali and Kok-barak is essential for these posts.
- A candidate should not have crossed 40 years of age on the last date of application (11-July-2014).
- However, relaxation in norms of age will be offered as per rules for SC/ST candidates from Tripura only.
Group A Posts:
- Rs.200 (Rupees two Hundred) only for General/ OBC Candidates
- Rs.150 (Rupees one hundred fifty) only for ST/ SC/ BPL card holders/ Physically Handicapped Candidates
Note: SC/ST candidates from other states should apply under Unreserved Category and no relaxation will be offered in terms of Age or reduced application fees in their favor.
Mode of Selection:
The Examination will be held in three successive stages namely:
(i) Screening Test
(ii) Personality Test
The dates for these tests will be intimated at later stage
Application form and Other Application Related Information:
- The 4 (four) pages Application Form printed in color font will be available from all branches/Extension counters of Tripura Gramin Bank in the State of Tripura on deposit of the prescribed Recruitment Fee through the Special Deposit Slip to the Account No. 14711 in favor of the Secretary, Tripura Public Service Commission in the same Branch/Extension counter as a single window system without any extra charge.
- The said prescribed Form printed in color font (A4 size 90 GSM paper) can also be down loaded from the Website http://www.tpsc.gov.in
- In that case, the prescribed Recruitment Fee is to be paid to the Account No. 31176521319 of the State Bank of India (core banking branches) in favor of the Secretary, Tripura Public Service Commission.
- The Bank deposit Receipt is to be affixed with the filled up application form in the specified Box on the 2nd page of the form.
How To Send the Completed Application Form –
- Application in the prescribed form duly filled in by the candidate and 2 (two) copies of recent stamp size photographs of the candidate affixed on the Application and Admit Card to be submitted to the Reception Counter of the TPSC Secretariat by 5.00 PM of the closing date (11-July-2014).
- The applicants are advised to read the detailed notification as available at http://www.tpsc.gov.in/2014/100614.pdf , thoroughly before submission of Application form.
- Applicants may obtain the acknowledgement including Receipt Number from reception counter of the Commission.
- Candidates should read “Instructions to candidates”, in the prescribed Application Form and also must visit the Website of the Commission at http://www.tpsc.gov.in for further information.
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>