Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) of India is a completely government of India owned and operated organization which is engaged to provide insurance and security to millions of lives in India since a long past. This Government of India Insurance service provider is at present the largest Insurance Service Provider in India, as far as its infrastructure and extensive reach is concerned. This national level insurance provider is presently boasting a huge figure of securing lives of almost 250 million insurers by 2013. With its full functions, the LIC operates in India with 8 zonal offices, 2048 fully computerized branch offices, 109 divisional offices, 992 satellite offices along with the central control of the Corporate Office.
With the present requirement for competent professional in its team, the LIC of India is inviting candidature through the prescribed application format as available at the website of LIC. It is intended for filling up the positions of Direct Sales Executives (DSE) in the year 2013 under its 8 Zonal Offices spread over India.
The details of the eligibility norms and the criteria for selection are detailed as under:
Mode of Recruitment: The selection will be done and the appointment will be made on Contract Basis for a period of 3 years
- Starting date of Registration of Online Application: 17-June-2013
- Last date of Registration of Online Application: 7-July-2013
- Dates for remittance of Application Fees: From 17-June till 06-July-2013
- reckoning age and education: 01-June-2013
Name of the Positions and Number of Vacancies: Direct Sales Executives
Central Zone: Total 786 Posts
East-Central Zone: Total 1310 Posts
Eastern Zone: Total 1055 Posts
North-central Zone: Total 1122 Posts
Northern Zone: Total 2257 Posts
South-Central Zone: Total 2524 Posts
Southern Zone: Total 1844 Posts
Western Zone: Total 2250 Posts
- NOTE: Reservation will be applicable as per norms
The applicants getting selected as Direct Sales Executives (DSE) will be eligible to receive an Entirely Performance Related Pay with commission on performance.
The candidates applying for the job position must have completed his Graduation. Preference will be given to candidates having Degree or Diploma in Marketing or Management. Fluency in English, proficiency in local/ regional language and expertise on soft-skills (MS word, Excel, Powerpoint) will be advantageous for candidates. The candidate must have adequate working knowledge of computers.
The applicant should have achieved a minimum age of 21 years and should not have crossed the max age limit of 35 years as on 01-June-2013.
Note: Relaxation in upper age limit will be applicable as per the category of candidates as per rules.
- For SC/ ST: Fees exempted
- For General, OBC & others: Rs.100
- The application fee shall be paid by cash only at the cash counter during cash hours only of any Branch office of Life Insurance Corporation of India under Account Code 114034.
Mode of Selection:
- Selection will be made on the basis of a written test if necessary, followed by an Interview of candidates who qualify in the written test.
- Written Test will be of Objective Type covering sales aptitude Test of Reasoning, Numerical Ability and General Knowledge.
- The date and venue of the written test, if to be conducted, will be communicated to the eligible candidates through email and also posted on the website.
The candidates selected to the post of Direct Sales Executives (DSE) will be on a Contractual recruitment for a period of three (3) years.
How to apply:
- The candidates can apply through ONLINE mode only at the website of LIC at http://www.licindia.in/careers.htm
- No other mode of application will be accepted
- Candidates should read all instructions given on the advertisement before applying.
- Candidates are advised to keep a copy of the application and the fee payment receipt for future reference.