Jammu &Kashmir Public Service Commission invites applications in prescribed forms, from permanent residents of Jammu and Kashmir State only for recruitment of Assistant Professors in various disciplines as English, Functional English, English Literature, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Information Technology, Bio-Technology, Bio-Chemistry, Computer Application, Environmental Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Electronics , Geography, Psychology, Philosophy, Sociology, Industrial Chemistry, Home Science, Food Science Technology, Fisheries, Geology, Commerce, Sericulture, Tourism & Travel, Education, History, Economics, Political Science, Urdu, Arabic, Kashmiri, Islamic Studies, Persian, Punjabi, Seed Technology, Dogri, Hindi, Sanskrit, Mass Communication, Mass Communication and Video Production, Business Administration, and Music.
These services are permanent in nature and cater to the state Education Service in the state.
The details of the vacancies are as under:
Notification Number: 12-PSC (DR-P) OF 2 0 1 4
- Date of Notification: May 29, 2014
- Date of availability of Application Form: 02-June-2014
- Last date for submission of completed application form: 02-July-2014
- Date for examination: Will be notified separately
Details of Job Positions:
- Assistant Professors in Multiple Disciplines – 1651 positions (OM-869, RBA-359, SC-158, ST-183, ALC-63, SLC-19)
- Vacancy for PWD candidates will be applicable in horizontal basis
Pay Scale & Remunerations:
The candidates selected for the job position will be inducted in service with a Pay Scale of Rs.15600-Rs.39100 plus the academic pay grade of Rs.6000.
Other allowances and perks will be applicable as per the rules of the state government.
Educational Eligibility & Experience:
The candidates interested to join the service must have Master’s Degree in the subject concerned with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of SC/ ST and PWD candidates) or Grade ‘B’ in the seven point scale from an Indian University or Degree from an Indian/ Foreign University with NET/ SLET conducted by the UGC/ CSIR/ AIU/ University of Kashmir/ Jammu or Ph.D. in the concerned discipline.
Age: The applicant must be in between 18 to 37 years of age as on 1-Jan-2014. However, relaxation in upper age for reserved category of candidates will be applicable as per rules.
Application Form Costs:
- For General category candidates: Rs. 500
- For all reserved category candidates: Rs. 250
- The form costs need to be deposited in cash from the concerned counters of J&K Public Service Commission for availing the applications. The fees can also be remitted through cash in the J&K Bank counter at the PSC office.
- There will be additional processing charge of Rs.10 to be remitted at the bank counter in addition to the cost of the forms
Application Form Availability:
- The Commission has developed an electronically scannable (OMR) Application Form.
- Application Forms can be obtained from the office of the J&K Public Service Commission, Resham Ghar Colony, Bakshi Nagar, Jammu/ Polo Ground, Srinagar through the counters of J&K Bank
Note: Application Form On Which Correction Fluid Is Applied, Shall Be Out Rightly Rejected.
Stages of Examination & Selection:
The selection will be done on the basis of following tests:
- Written Test
- Viva-Voce Test
- In case the number of applicants are more, then the PSC may shortlist them as per its statutory norms.
How to apply:
- Since the Application Form is to be electronically scanned, due care should be taken to fill up the Application Form neatly and correctly.
- The candidates are required to submit the Application Form complete in all respects. Photograph, duly attested, should be pasted (Not Stapled in Any Case) at the space provided in the Application Form.
- They are further advised to attach attested copies of the documents/testimonials with the photo copy of the Application Form and not with the original form
- Application Form, duly filled in along with its Photostat copy and the Acknowledgement Card, shall have to be submitted in the Commission office at Jammu/Srinagar personally or should be mailed in the supplied special envelope by registered post to the address of the Secretary & Controller of Examinations, J&K Public Service Commission, Resham Ghar Colony, Bakshi Nagar, Jammu/ Polo Ground, Srinagar, before the last date notified.
- The applications shall be received at the counters set up for the purpose in Commissions Office located at Reshan Ghar Colony Bakshi Nagar, Jammu/Polo View, Srinagar on all working days (Monday to Friday) from 10 A.M. to 3 P.M.
Official Advertisement: http://jkpsc.nic.in//pdf/Notification_Higher_Education_new.pdf
Candidates who have already applied in response to Notification No: 09-PSC
(DR-P) of 2013 dated: May 23, 2013 for the above mentioned post(s) need not to apply again.