IOCL Opens Its GATE-Way For The First Time For Post-Graduates In Science (Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics) Through GATE-2013
Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), or simply IndianOil, is an Indian government owned Oil and Natural Gas Corporation. The company is the 83rd largest public sector corporation, according to the Fortune-500 list for global companies in the world. The IndianOil Group of Companies owns and operates 10 out of total 22 refineries in India with a aggregated refining capacity of 65.7 million metric tonnes per year. IndianOil is the largest company in India in terms of business turnover and is presently operating with a turnover of more than Rs. 400000 crores. IOCL has been conferred Maharatna status by the Govt. of India for its expanded scale of operation.
With its extensive expansion plan and on-going reforms this company opens a challenging opportunity for Post Graduate Degree holders in Science. With a pioneering approach, IndianOil is offering career opportunities to the Post Graduates (with industrial experience) in three major disciplines as Assistant Officers.
The category-wise vacancies and requisite criteria for selection are as indicated below:
Name of the Position: Assistant Officer Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics
Number of Vacancies: 150 numbers (There will be reservation of posts for scheduled categories as per rules)
Important Eligibility Factor:
- Desiring candidates must clear GATE-2013 examination with respective branches and with requisite cut-offs as per the positions to be advertised shortly.
- Without GATE-2013 qualification, no candidates will be eligible for consideration.
- Starting date for online submission of application by candidates with GATE-2013 Registration Number – 10th of December 2012
- Ending date for online submission of Application – 19th of January 2013
- Candidates should have passed qualifying degree examinations (M.Sc) and awarded Post-Graduate Degree in science in Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics subjects.
- A candidate must have secured minimum 60% marks for General and OBC-NCL and pass mark for SC, ST, OBC and PWD category
- The candidates need to have minimum 3 years of industrial experience after completion of their post graduation.
- The experience in areas like process, manufacturing industry, logistics, sales & distribution, services industry, etc. will be considered as industrial experience.
- Teaching and research experience will not be counted as industrial experience.
- Period under internship, done before completion of post graduation will not be considered as industrial experience.
- A candidate must be within a maximum age of 30 years as on 30th of June, 2013
- However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category of candidates
- Desirous candidates seeking employment with IndianOil needs to be medically fit as per IndianOil’s pre-employment medical standard.
- Candidates are advised to go through the ‘Guidelines and Criteria for Physical Fitness for Medical Examination before they commence the application process. The guidelines are available at: www.iocl.com/PeopleCareers/Preemployment_Guiding_Principles11th_mar_2011.pdf
Mode of Selection:
- Eligible candidates who wish to apply for the position of Graduate Engineers and Assistant Officers in the above disciplines through IOCL will be required to first appear in GATE-2013
- Based on the GATE-2013 score, candidates will be shortlisted for Group Discussion and/or Personal Interview in the above disciplines
- Candidates will have to qualify through each stage of selection process successfully before being adjudged as suitable for selection
- It should be noted that only GATE-2013 score is valid for this recruitment exercise.
Service Conditions and Bond:
- Selected candidates shall have all-India transfer liability and may be posted to any Division/ Unit/ Subsidiary Company/ Office of the Corporation.
- General category candidates will have to execute a bond of Rs.300000 (Rs.50000 for SC/ST/OBC & PH candidates) to serve the Corporation for a minimum period of three years from the date of joining (The date of joining will be calculated from the date of appointment as Engineer in case of GAEs after successful completion of training)
- The candidates selected as Assistant Officers will receive a starting basic pay of Rs.20600 per month.
- In addition, the selected candidates will receive DA and other allowances, according to the rules of the Corporation
- The Cost-to-Company (CTC), will be between Rs.6.5 lakhs per annum inclusive of performance related pay (PRP)
- The actual CTC will vary depending on place of posting
- Successful candidates will be given the opportunity to run the day-to-day operations at different locations like the depots, terminals, bottling plants, aviation fuelling stations, retail sales, customer relationship management, managing profit centres like company owned retail outlets, etc.
- All the postings for candidates selected as Assistant Officers will be front line postings at operating locations.
- Necessary training for undertaking the operational roles will be imparted to the successful candidates.
How to Apply:
- Candidates will have to apply online in IOCL indicating their GATE-2013 Registration Number on the career section of IOCL website at http://www.iocl.com/PeopleCareers/job.aspx
- A Candidate can apply for any one post/discipline only
- A candidate need to pay any fee for applying for the posts
- After applying online, candidate is required to take a print out of the Application Form generated by the system with unique registration number, and other details
- Candidates called for Group Discussion and/or Interview will be required to produce the same documents at the time of Group Discussion and/or Interview
- Candidates presently employed in Government Departments/ PSUs/ Autonomous Bodies will need to submit NOC from competent authority of their current employer at the time of interview
- Candidates can go through the “Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)”. In case any particular query is not covered in the FAQs, the candidates can write to IndianOil at firstname.lastname@example.org
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>