IOCL Opens Its GATE-Way For Induction of Graduate Apprentice Engineers and Officers For 2013
Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), or simply IndianOil, is an Indian government owned Oil and Natural Gas Corporation. The company is the 83rd largest public sector corporation, according to the Fortune list for Global 500 companies in the world. This is also the largest public sector corporation in India as per revenue generation. IndianOil and its subsidiaries account for a 49% share in the petroleum products market, 31% share in refining capacity and 67% shareholder of downstream pipelining sector in India. The IndianOil Group of Companies owns and operates 10 out of total 22 refineries in India with a aggregated refining capacity of 65.7 million metric tonnes per year. IOCL has been conferred Maharatna status by the Govt. of India for its expanded scale of operation.
With its extensive expansion plan and on-going reforms this company opens a challenging opportunity for Bachelors’ Degree holders in Engineering for its Graduate Apprentice Engineers and Officers positions.
The category-wise vacancies and requisite criteria for selection are as indicated below:
Name of the Position: Officers/ Graduate Apprentice Engineers (GAEs)
Number of Vacancies: 250 numbers (There will be reservation of posts for scheduled categories as per rules)
Disciplines of Engineers:
- Civil Engineering (excluding Construction/ Environmental/ Transportation Engineering)
- Chemical Engineering (including Petrochemicals Engineering)
- Computer Science & Information Technology (excluding information & communications Technology)
- Electrical Engineering (including Electrical & Electronics engineering but excluding Electrical & Communication/ Telecommunication engineering)
- Instrumentation Engineering (Including Electronics & Instrumentation engineering but excluding Electronics & Communication engineering/ Telecommunication engineering)
- Mechanical Engineering (excluding Production/ Manufacturing/ Industrial Engineering)
- Metallurgical Engineering
Important Eligibility Factor:
- Desiring candidates must clear GATE-2013 examination with respective branches and with requisite cut-offs as per the positions to be advertised shortly.
- Without GATE-2013 qualification, no candidates will be eligible for consideration.
- Starting date for receipt of GATE-2013 Application – 1 Sept’12 (already started)
- Last date for online submission of Application – 30 Sept’12
- GATE-2013 Online Examination – 20 Jan’13
- GATE-2013 Offline Examination – 10 Feb’13
For IOCL Recruitment of Graduate Apprentice Engineers/ Officers:
- Starting date for online submission of application by candidates with GATE-2013 Registration Number – 10th of December 2012
- Ending date for online submission of Application – 19th of January 2013
- Candidates should have passed qualifying degree examinations and awarded Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology with 65% for General and OBC (non-creamy layer), and pass marks for SC, ST and OBC
- Candidates currently in final year of their engineering studies may also apply. However, they must be in a position to submit their final mark sheet by 31st August, 2013
- For candidates pursuing/ completed ME/ MTech, they must have completed their BE/ BTech in any of the specified disciplines
- Candidates who have joined integrated ME/ MTech are also eligible to apply, if they have the mentioned disciplines in their BE/ BTech level
- Candidates pursuing combined disciplines like Mechatronics are not eligible to apply
- A candidate must be within a maximum age of 26 years as on 30th of June, 2013
- However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category of candidates
- Desirous candidates seeking employment with IndianOil needs to be medically fit as per IndianOil’s pre-employment medical standard.
- Candidates are advised to go through the ‘Guidelines and Criteria for Physical Fitness for Medical Examination before they commence the application process. The guidelines are available at: www.iocl.com/PeopleCareers/Preemployment_Guiding_Principles11th_mar_2011.pdf
Mode of Selection:
- Eligible candidates who wish to apply for the position of Graduate Engineers and Assistant Officers in the above disciplines through IOCL will be required to first appear in GATE-2013
- Based on the GATE-2013 score, candidates will be shortlisted for Group Discussion and/or Personal Interview in the above disciplines
- Candidates will have to qualify through each stage of selection process successfully before being adjudged as suitable for selection
- It should be noted that only GATE-2013 score is valid for this recruitment exercise.
Service Conditions and Bond:
- Selected candidates shall have all-India transfer liability and may be posted to any Division/ Unit/ Subsidiary Company/ Office of the Corporation.
- General category candidates will have to execute a bond of Rs.300000 (Rs.50000 for SC/ST/OBC & PH candidates) to serve the Corporation for a minimum period of three years from the date of joining (The date of joining will be calculated from the date of appointment as Engineer in case of GAEs after successful completion of training)
- The candidates selected as officers will receive a starting basic pay of Rs.24900 per month. The candidates selected as Graduate Apprentice Engineers (GAEs) will receive a monthly remuneration of Rs.35000 as basic pay.
- In addition, the selected candidates will receive DA and other allowances, according to the rules of the Corporation
- The Cost-to-Company (CTC), will be between Rs.9.30 to Rs.9.90 lakhs per annum inclusive of performance related pay (PRP)
- The actual CTC will vary depending on place of posting
How to Apply:
- Candidates will have to apply online in IOCL indicating their GATE-2013 Registration Number on the career section of IOCL website at //www.iocl.com/PeopleCareers/job.aspx
- A Candidate can apply for any one post/discipline only
- After applying online, candidate is required to take a print out of the Application Form generated by the system with unique registration number, and other details
- Candidates called for Group Discussion and/or Interview will be required to produce the same documents at the time of Group Discussion and/or Interview
- Candidates presently employed in Government Departments/ PSUs/ Autonomous Bodies will need to submit NOC from competent authority of their current employer at the time of interview
- Candidates can go through the “Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)”. In case any particular query is not covered in the FAQs, the candidates can write to IndianOil at [email protected]