Incorporated in the year 1906, National Insurance Company (NIC) was a part of the country’s Swadeshi Movement as an expression of the Indian aspiration to establish a strong indigenous Company even in the midst of foreign rule. Along with national Insurance Company, there are several other public sector undertaking companies offering general insurance companies in operation in India. The most prominent names are Oriental Insurance Company Limited, The United India Insurance Company Limited, and The National Insurance Company Limited. All these four Public Sector General Insurance Companies are accounted for a combined human resource base of 65651 having 6116 offices/business centres in all corners of the Country with total Premium Income of Rs.35000 crores for the year 2012-13.
NIC has been a consistent Market Leader and has been entrusted to recruit almost 2600 positions of Assistants in all these 4 General Insurance Companies in India. The NIC will conduct the assessment test and select the candidates to join as Assistants in the General Insurance companies in India.
The details of the requirement are as follows:
Cadre of Recruitment:
Assistant: Total 2600 positions (SC-310, ST-184, OBC-721, UR-1385)
- National Insurance Co. Ltd.: Total 800 positions (SC-117, ST-66, OBC-223, UR-394)
- Oriental Insurance Co. Ltd.: Total 600 Positions (SC-67, ST-46, OBC-119, UR-368)
- The New India Assurance Co. Ltd.: Total 600 Positions (SC-30, ST-27, OBC-224, UR-319)
- United India Insurance Co. Ltd.: Total 600 Positions (SC-96, ST-45, OBC-155, UR-304)
- Note: Reservation for PWD candidates will be done on horizontal basis as per rules. For state-wise vacancies, please refer to the detailed advertisement at http://www.nationalinsuranceindia.com/nicWeb/nic/downloads/Advertisement%20for%20Class%20III%2016.05.2013.pdf
Most Important Dates:
- Date for Commencement of Online Application: 18-May-2013
- Last Date for Registration of Online Application: 08-June-2013
- Dates for Payment of Application Fees: 18-May-2013 till 12-June-2013
- Date of Written Examination: 14-July-2013 and/or 21-July-2013
- Download of Exam Call letters: Prior to 7 days of examination
Details of Eligibility Criteria:
The applicants must not have crossed 28 years and should be above 18 years of age as on 30-June-2013
However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit for ST candidates as per rules.
The applicant must be a Graduate from a recognized University OR Pass in HSC/Equivalent (XII pass) examination with 60% marks (50% for Ex-SM, SC/ST and PH candidates)
- Language Proficiency:
The candidates should essentially have ability to communicate (both orally and/or in writing) in local Language of the particular state.
Probation period: The newly appointed candidates will be on probation for a minimum period of 6 months. Before the probation period comes to an end the performance of the newly recruited will be evaluated and the probation period may be extended if the Company feels so.
- The selection of candidates will be done through a Written Objective Test. Computer Literacy Test and Personal Interview.
- The decision of the NIC will be Final and Binding on the selection
- For SC/ST/PWD and Ex-SM candidates: Rs.70 only
- For Other candidates (male): Rs.220 only
- For Other candidates (Female): Rs.120 only
- The fee can be paid through a fee Payment challan (can be downloaded from the website of NIC) in any branch of State Bank of India in cash only in Account no.32968716721 in favor of “NATIONAL INSURANCE COMPANY LTD‟
HOW TO APPLY:
- The candidates, who fulfil the above eligibility criteria can apply through appropriate Online Application Form available at the website of the National Insurance Company at http://www.nationalinsuranceindia.com
- The aspirants should take care to fill in all details as indicated by the Application Form, failure of which may subject to rejection of candidature
- The completed application form along with all photocopies of credential and challan form must be retained with the candidates for future reference.
- Scanned copy of the signature and photograph must be uploaded to the website during submission of application
- Any misleading and wrong information may lead to disqualification of candidature
- The vacancies intimated are provisional and the Management of NIC reserves the right to fill or not to fill the positions without assigning any reason thereof.
Post Author: Priyanka Singh