Indian Navy Recruitment 2014 For Short Service Commission in Executive and Technical Branches
Serving dedicatedly for the security of the motherland, Indian Navy symbolizes bravery and gallantry for excellent counter-enemy operations. Indian Navy is one of the most elite combat forces of the world and one of the three apex military forces of India. Joining Indian Navy is considered as one of the most acclaimed career options for young generation.
The job with Indian Navy is highly honoured as one of the most prestigious job options in India. As our country is surrounded from three sides by the waves of the oceans and seas, safeguarding the national boundaries can become possible through the dedicated and armed wing of the national security – our beloved Indian Navy!
With the recent notification from Indian Navy, the applications are being invited from young and enthusiastic unmarried Men/Women candidates for grant of Short Service Commission in Executive Branch (General Services/Hydro Cadre/IT/Naval Architecture) and Technical Branches of the Indian Navy for Jul 2014 Course at Indian Naval Academy (INA) Ezhimala, Kerala. These candidates will be joining the Navy in Executive Branches (General Service) and Technical Branches of this glorious Armed Force.
The details of the openings and the essential criteria for selection are detailed as under:
Name of the Course: JULY 2014 COURSE
- Date of commencement of Registration of Online e-Application: 11-Nov-2013
- Last Date online registration of competent e-Application Form: 29-Nov-2013
- Final receipt of the printout of the Online Application Form with all documents at Naval Headquarters: 08-Dec-2013
Where to send the final Application form with Documents:
Naval Headquarters through
Post Box No. 04, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi – 110 011
Details of Service and Academic Eligibility:
- Executive (GS/ Hydro) Cadre: BE/B. Tech (Any discipline) with at least 65& marks (reserved to male only)
- Short Service Commission (IT): BE/B.Tech (Computer Science/ Computer Engg/ IT) OR, B.Sc (IT) OR, M.Tech (Computer Science) OR, M.Sc (Computer) OR, BCA/MCA degree holders with at least 65% marks in aggregate (reserved to male only)
- Short Service Commission (Naval Architecture): BE/B.Tech in Mechanical/ Civil/ Aeronautical/ Aerospace/ Metallurgy/ Naval Architecture with at least 65% of Marks (open to both male and female)
- Technical (General Service) Engineering (E) Branch: BE/ BTech in (i) Mechanical, (ii) Marine, (iii) Automotive, (iv) Mechtronics, (v) Industrial & Production, (vi) Metallurgy, (vii) Aeronautical/ Aerospace, (viii) B.Sc Marine Engineering with at least 65% marks (reserved to male only)
- Technical (General Service) Electrical (L) Branch: BE/ BTech in (i) Electrical, (ii) Electronics, (iii) Tele Communication, (iv) Instrumentation, (v) Instrumentation and Control, (vi) Electronics and Instrumentation, (vii) Electronics and Communication, (viii) Power Engineering, (ix) Control System Engineering, (x) Power Electronics with at least 65% marks (reserved to male only)
- Engineering Branch (Submarine Specialization): BE/ BTech in (i) Mechanical (ii) Marine (iii) Automotive (iv) Mechtronics (v) Industrial & Production (vi) Metallurgy (vii) Aeronautical/Aerospace (viii) BS Marine Engg. (ix) Instrumentation (x) Instrumentation & Control (xi) Automation & Robotics (xii) Industrial Engg. & Management (xiii) Production Engg with at least 65% marks (reserved to male only)
- Electrical Branch (Submarine Specialization): BE/ BTech in ‘Electrical’ or ‘Electronics’ or ‘Control’ or ‘Telecommunication’ or ‘Instrumentation’ or ‘Power Engg.’ or ‘Electronics & Communication’ or ‘Control System Engg.’ or ‘Power Electronics’ with at least 65% marks (reserved to male only)
- Important: Candidate with NCC ‘C’ Certificate will be given preference
- The candidates can apply for any one of the above vacancies
- The candidates applying for these executive branches must achieve the minimum age of 191/2 years and maximum age of 25 years by 01-July-2014.
- The candidates should have born between 02-July-1989 and 01-Jan-1995 (both dates inclusive)
- The candidates must possess the minimum specified Physical standard in order to get qualified for these Executive Branches of Short Service Commission.
- There will be no relaxation in the base defined medical/physical standards.
- The training is scheduled to commence in July 2014.
- Candidates finally selected for Tech (GS) Branch and Executive (GS) will be inducted as Officers in the rank of Sub Lieutenant and undergo 22 & 44 Weeks Naval Orientation Courses respectively at the Naval Academy, Ezhimala, followed by professional training in Naval Ships and Training Establishments.
- Full pay and allowances will be applicable for candidates during this training period.
- After successful completion of training the candidates will be serving Indian Navy for a probation period of 2 years.
- The entire cost of training, including books and reading material, will be borne by the Indian Navy including free clothing and messing.
Salary, Emoluments and Pay Structure:
- The Officers selected through the course will be eligible to receive a salary including basic pay, grade pay plus allowances and other remunerations as per norms.
- The Grade of Pay for Sub. Lieutenant will be in the order of PB-3 and that for the maximum rank of Commander (Cdr) will be in the order of PB-4 with Rs.37400-Rs.67000 and Grade Pay of Rs.8000 and Military Service pay of Rs.6000 per month
- The CTC for the Sub. Lieutenant will be around Rs. 66500 per month.
- The short-listed candidates will be directly called for the SSB interviews based on their performance in Degree Course.
- The total duration of SSB interview will be of four to five days including Stage-I and II
- Candidates recommended by the SSBs and declared medically fit, will be appointed for training as per order of All India Merit depending on the number of vacancies.
- The SSB interview will be held during January 2014 to May 2014.
How to Apply:
- The applications are received online only and any other form of hand-filled application will therefore be rejected.
- For filling up of Online Application, the candidates are requested to log in to the portal of Indian Navy at http://www.nausena-bharti.nic.in.
- The candidates are requested to fill in all requisite details with acute accuracy and with precision.
- All the information provided in the application form should match the documentary evidence
- After filling in the application form the candidates are required to take two printout of their completed application form. One copy should be sent to the below mentioned address along with the other documentary evidence and the other copy should be retained with the candidates as future reference.
Address for sending completed Application Form:
Post Box No. 04, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi – 110 011
- Email ID is a mandatory requirement for Online Application
- The envelope containing the Print copy of the Online application form along with other essential copy of supporting documents should be marked with “ONLINE APPLICATION NO. __________ APPLICATION FOR SSC GS(X)(IT/NA)/HYDRO CADRE/TECHNICAL BRANCH (E/L/SM) – JUL 2014 COURSE Qualification _____Percentage _____%. NCC ‘C’ Yes/No.” in bold and Capital letters.
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>