Indian Navy invites application from unmarried Male Indian citizens For Recruitment of Steward, Cook And Topass (Sanitary Hygienist), For 01/2017 Batch, Course Commencing April, 2017. This will be a part of Matric/ Non-Matric Recruitment for the 02/2016 batch. The course is scheduled to start from October 2016 and will need persons to join as Cook (Matric Recruit), Steward (Matric Recruit) and Topass (Non-Matric Recruit).
Date of commencement of Course in Indian Navy (01/2017 Batch): April, 2017
Last Date for Registration of Online Application: 19-June-2016
Date of Closure of Receipt of Hard copy of Online Application: 27-June-2016
Date of Closure of Receipt of Hard copy of Online Application from far flung Areas: 04-July-2016
Academic Qualification & Job Responsibility:
- Cook (Matric Recruit): An applicant must possess Matriculation (10th standard). They would be required to prepare food as per menu (both Veg and Non-veg). They will be allotted other duties.
- Steward (Matric Recruit): An applicant must possess Matriculation (10th standard). They would be required to serve food in the officers messes, as waiters, housekeeping, accounting of funds, wine and stores, preparation of menu. They will be allotted other duties.
- Topass (Non-Matric Recruit): An applicant must possess 6th standard. They would be required to Maintain hygiene in wash rooms and other areas along with other duties as assigned.
Date of Birth: The candidates applying for Sailors in Indian Navy under this Scheme must have been within 17 years – 21 years of age as on 01-April-2017.
Salary, Emoluments and Pay Structure:
- The sailors will be eligible to receive a grade pay in the scale of Rs.5200-20200/-. In addition to basic pay they will be entitled to receive grade pay + MSP allowance + DA as per norms
- The selected candidates will also be eligible for Perquisites as per the naval norms and they can get free accommodation, uniform, and fooding. Apart from that they will also be entitled to receive facilities such as Medical for self and family, Leave travel concession, Group housing scheme, annual and casual leave, post retirement benefits, children education etc as per the norms.
Selection Norms: The selection of aspirants will be done on a national merit basis with a Written Test followed by Trade Test and Physical Fitness Test conducted by a Medical team of Indian Navy.
Physical Fitness Test: The candidates have to undergo a Physical Fitness Test where qualification is mandatory for further stages of selection.
Medical Standards: The candidates will have to undergo a medical standard test where the minimum height, weight, chest, and eyesight will be tested to the level of requirement in armed service as defined by Indian Navy. The candidates are advised to clean their ear for wax and teeth for tartar before applying for this test.
Final Enrollment Medical: The candidates selected for recruitment have to undergo final Enrollment Medical at INS Chilka prior to their recruitment. Any person declared “Unfit” in this final enrollment medical will not be allowed to join and his candidature will be dimmed as disqualified.
Training and Preliminary Engagement: The candidates who have been selected for preliminary engagement with the national merit list will have to undergo training at the INS Chilka and at other different Naval Training Establishments. The initial engagement after successful completion of training will be for 20 years in Indian Navy.
How to Apply: Interested candidates can apply online through official website at Joinindiannavy.gov.in/forthcomingSailor.php
Applicants are further suggested to send system generated online application along with the other documentary evidence as per suggested in official advertisement to
Post Box No. 2, Lodhi Road Post Office, New Delhi -110003 for MR (Cook & Steward)
Post Box No. 5270, Chanakyapuri Post Office, New Delhi -110021 for NMR (Topass)
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>