Indian Army Recruitment 2015 For Short Service Commission Officer For Army Medical Corps
With the recent notification from Indian Army, the online applications are being invited from male and female candidates, who have an ambition for joining Indian Army as a Commissioned Officer through Short Service Commission for entry in Army Medical Corps.
Candidates must have passed their final MBBS (Part-I & II) examination in first or second attempt and completed internship for grant of Short Service Commission in the Armed Forces Medical Services.
The details of the openings and the essential criteria for selection are detailed as under:
Name of the Course:
- SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION in Army Medical Corps
Total Number of Vacancies: 400
- Starting Date for Online Registration of Application: 09-March-2015
- Closing Date for Online Registration of Application: 31-March-2015
- Reference date for completion of compulsory internship: 31-Mar-2014
- Reference date for reckoning age: 31-Dec-2014
Norms of Eligibility:
The candidate must not have attained more than 45 years of age as on 31-Dec-2015 to be eligible for consideration
b) Educational Standards:
- The applicants must possess a medical qualification included in First or Second Schedule or Part II of the Third Schedule of Indian Medical Council Act 1956.
- Post-Graduate Degree/ Diploma holders such as MD/ MS/ MCH/ DM/ DNB/ DLO/ DOMS/ DA may also apply for these positions.
- Candidate must have passed the qualifying examination with compulsory internship by 31-March-2014 to be eligible to apply.
- The applicant must have permanent registration from any State Medical Council/ Medical Council of India.
c) Physical Fitness Standard and Physical Efficiency:
- Every candidate on being qualified in interview will be produced before a duly constituted Medical Board by DGAFMS for examining his or her medical fitness as per laid down standards.
- However, candidates declared unfit by the Special Medical Board (SMB) will be intimated by the President of the Special Medical Board for the next the procedure for requesting for Appeal Medical Board (AMB).
- Candidates are advised in their own interest to undergo a preliminary medical check-up for wax in ears, DNS, defective colour vision, over weight/under weight, piles, gynaecomastia, tonsillitis and varicocele before reporting for the SSC interview
- The physical fitness will follow the norms of Indian Army as per service codes as detailed on the Army Medical Corps Website at www.amcsscentry.gov.in
Grant of Commission:
- The candidates will be granted Commission in the rank of Captain after completion of their training Period.
- The tenure of SSC officers (freshly appointed) is of 05 years, extendable by another 09 years in two spells first of 05 years and second of 04 years, for those who are willing to continue, subject to availability of vacancies and meeting the laid down eligibility criteria for grant of extension as per extant policy.
- Candidates already released from AMC service on resignation/ premature retirement will not be considered for commission in AMC.
- For AMC officers completing their first 5 years of SSC will be allowed extension of next 5 years and that for the Officers completing 10 years of Short Service Commission, will not be allowed to join for the 3rd term of 4 years.
Tenure of engagement:
- All officers granted commission would serve the Indian Army for a period of five years from the date of conferment of commission subject to fulfilment of other conditions.
- The period of five years may further be extended for another five years and then to another 4 years (total 14 years) subject to their performance review and appraisal.
Pay Packages and CTC:
- Officers, on commissioning in the rank of Captain are entitled to a basic pay in the range of Rs.17160 – Rs.39100, with a Grade Pay of Rs.6100, Military Service Pay of Rs.6000, Non-Practice Allowance (NPA) @25% of basic pay, in addition to Kit Maintenance Allowance (KMA) and Dearness Allowance (DA) as admissible.
- The total emoluments for a Captain will be approximately Rs.75000 per month with allowances.
- PG degree holder will be eligible for PG allowance of Rs.1000 p.m. or specialist pay after undergoing the laid down procedure.
- Indian Army also provides free Medical Facilities for Self & dependents, Canteen facilities, Entitled Ration, Mess/Club/Sports facilities, Furnished Govt. Accommodation, Group Insurance, Car/ Housing Loan at subsidized rates.
- The Officers will also be entitled to received promotions on time-scale and on selection basis.
The selection will be based on a two stage selection modality with the Service Selection Board:
- Eligible candidates will be called for interview by a Board of Officers, tentatively in the month of Jul-Aug 2015 at New Delhi to assess their suitability and merit for grant of Short Service Commission in the Armed Forces Medical Services.
- The Interview will consist of Personality Test, followed by Medical Board Examination.
- With appropriate criteria for selection in Army Medical Corps, there will be announcement of Merit List.
- For all candidates: Rs.200 only
- Applicants are suggested to pay the application fee at the end of the application submission through online payment (internet banking/ credit card/ debit card).
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates who fulfill the minimum basic eligibility criteria are required to apply through ONLINE mode only as available at the website of Indian Army Medical Corps at www.amcsscentry.gov.in
- The candidates need to ensure that they fill up complete details and upload their photographs before final submission of their application forms
- The candidates need to ensure that they fulfil all condition of eligibility as defined at the detailed advertisement at http://www.amcsscentry.gov.in.