West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Ltd. Recruitment for Asst. Engineer, Asst. Manager and Sub-Asst. Engineer
Notification No. : MPP/2013/02
West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Ltd (WBSEDCL) wholly owned by Govt. of West Bengal, is a professionally managed, a multi-sited Power Generation and Distribution Company in Eastern India. The Company has developed strong in-house expertise in various facets of power generation and distribution. Running with a present workforce of over 17000 employees, serving more than 1 Crore consumers and having registered a profit of over 13000 Crore, this Company is a flag-bearer in power generation and distribution in West Bengal.
With its present notification, the WBSEDCL is inviting candidates to fill up 404 numbers of vacancy positions in the positions of Assistant Engineers and Assistant Managers. The details of the vacancies and the detailed criteria for recruitment is detailed as under:
- Date of starting of Registration of Online Application Form: 20-April-2013 10AM
- Last date of Registration of Online Application Form: 03-May-2013 till midnight
- Last date for receipt of Hard Copy of Application with Fee Payment challan and other certificates: 13-May-2013
Details of Vacancies: Total Number of vacancies are 404
- Assistant Engineer (Electrical) – 167 positions [General–48, SC–37, ST–14, OBC(A)–44, OBC(B)–12, PH-12]
- Assistant Engineer (Civil) – 25 positions [General–11, SC–6, ST–2, OBC(A)–3, OBC(B)–2, PH-1]
- Assistant Engineer (IT&C) – 40 positions [General–21, SC–9, ST–3, OBC(A)–4, OBC(B)–2, PH-1]
- Assistant Manager (HR&A) – 20 positions [General–4, SC–7, ST–1, OBC(A)–5, OBC(B)–2, PH-1]
- Assistant Manager (F&A) – 18 positions [General–0, SC–7, ST–5, OBC(A)–3, OBC(B)–2, PH-1]
- Sub Assistant Engineer (Electrical) – 125 positions [General–58, SC–25, ST–11, OBC(A)–12, OBC(B)–8, PH-4, Ex-SM-7]
- Sub Assistant Engineer (Civil) – 9 positions [General–4, SC–1, ST–0, OBC(A)–1, OBC(B)–1, PH-1, Ex-SM-1]
- Assistant Engineer – The selected applicants will receive a scale of pay of Rs.15600-Rs.39100 and a Grade Pay of Rs.5400
- Assistant Manager – The selected applicants will receive a scale of pay of Rs.15600-Rs.39100 and a Grade Pay of Rs.5400
- Sub Assistant Engineer – The selected applicants will receive a scale of pay of Rs.6300-Rs.20200 and a Grade Pay of Rs.4400 and a higher initial start at Rs.9000 per month
- The candidates will be also receive other allowances and perks as applicable by the WBSEDCL
The applicant must have attained a min of 18 years and should not exceed a max age of 27 years as on 01-Jan-2013. The upper age will be relaxed for SC/ST/OBC as per rules.
Educational Qualification & Experience:
- Assistant Engineer – The applicants must have a Full time B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Sc. (Engineering) Degree in Concerned Branch of Engineering OR, B.Sc. (Honors) in Physics with 3 years B.Tech in Engineering
- Assistant Manager (HR &A) – The applicants must have a Full time Graduation in any discipline and MBA (2 years full time course)/ MPM (full time course) / MHRM (full time course) with major specialization in Personnel Management / HR or Post Graduate full time Degree / Diploma with specialization in Personnel Management / HR
- Assistant Manager (F&A): The applicant must be a Graduate in any discipline and passed Final Examination from Institute of Chartered Accountants of India or Institute of Cost & Works Accountants of India or MBA (2 years full time) with specialization in Finance
- Sub Assistant Engineer – The applicant must be a full time (3 years) Diploma holder in concerned branches of Engineering from a board recognized by West Bengal State Council of Technical Education
- Candidates having adequate knowledge in Bengali / Nepali language will be preferred
The selected candidates are required to furnish a Bond of Rs.50000 at the time of joining in the Company and are required to serve the Company for a minimum period of 4 years from the date of joining.
Mode of Selection:
- The selection of candidates will be done by Physical Fitness Test according to deposition of correctly filled-up applications and a process of Police verification.
- Candidates who will qualify in Physical Fitness Test will be called for Written Test and shortlisted successful candidates will be called for Interview for final selection.
- For posts of Assistant manager and Assistant Engineer: Rs.400
- For posts of Sub Assistant Engineer: Rs.300
- For SC/ST candidates from West Bengal: Fees exempted
- For PH candidates: Rs.180
- Apart from the above fee the candidates need to submit Rs.22 extra as bank Charges
- The fees can be deposited in any branch of United Bank of India through the cash deposit triplicate challan as available at the website of WBSEDCL at //www.wbsedcl.in .
- No other mode of fees will be accepted by WBSEDCL
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates can apply through Online mode only at the website of WBSEDCL at //www.wbsedcl.in
- After online submission of application the candidates are advised to take a print out of the completed Application Form, attach that with Original Fee Payment Challan and Certificates in support of their claims of age, education and relaxation and send that to the designated address so as to reach on or before the scheduled date of 13-May-2013
- The Procedure of online registration and other detailed particulars along with address for sending registration slip with documents, CHALLAN for application fees will be available in the website on 20-April-2013.
Official Advertisement – WBSEDCL Recruitment 2013 For Asst. Engineer, Asst. Manager and Sub-Asst. Engineer