Recruitment Notification For UPSC Geologist Examination– 2012
Examination Notice No.13/2012-GEOL Date: 15.09.2012
Website of UPSC: www.upsc.gov.in
As per the recent notification from UPSC, a competitive examination for recruitment to the posts mentioned below will be held by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) in accordance with the Rules published by the Ministry of Mines in the Gazette of India dated 15 September 2012.
Candidates are required to apply online only by using the website www.upsconline.nic.in. Brief instructions for filling up the online Application Form have been given below:
The details of the vacancies are as follows:
Positions with Number of Vacancies:
- Category I: (Posts in the Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines)
- Geologist (Group-A) – 300 posts
- Assistant Geologist Grade-I – (Group-B) – 67 posts
- Jr. Hydrogeologists (Scientist-B) (Group-A) – 03 posts
- Assistant Hydrogeologists (Group B) – 12 posts
- Category II: (Posts in the Central Ground Water Board, Ministry of Water Resources)
- Appointments will be made on a temporary basis in the first instance
- Reservations will be made for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes and Physically Disabled Persons
Mode of Application:
Candidates are required to apply ONLINE ONLY. No other mode is allowed for submission of application.
- Starting date for filing online application form: 15th September 2012
- Final date for filing Online Application: 15th October 2012 till 11:59PM
- Date for Payment of Fee: In between 15th September to 15th October 2012
- For all Candidates: Rs.200
- Fee Excepted for Female/ SC/ ST/ PH
How to pay the fees:
The Fee can be paid either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI and its associate banks or by using Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit Card (for online NEFT).
- For Geologist (Group-A) and Assistant Geologist Grade-I (Group-B) in the Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines: 21 – 32 years on 1st August, 2012
- For Jr. Hydrogeologist (Scientist B) (Group A) in Central Ground Water Board, Ministry of Water Resources: 21-35 years as on 1st August, 2012
- For Asst. Hydrogeologist (Group B) in Central Ground Water Board, Ministry of Water Resources: 21 -30 years as on 1st August, 2012
Note: Relaxation in upper age limit will be applicable as per norms
Essential Academic Qualification:
- 1. Geologist (Group-A) and Assistant Geologist Grade-I (Group-B):
Academics: Must possess Master’s degree in Geological Science/ Geology/ Applied Geology/ Geo-Exploration/ Mineral Exploration/ Engineering Geology/ Marine Geology/ Earth Science and Resource Management/ Oceanography and Coastal Areas Studies/ Petroleum Geosciences/ Geochemistry
- 2. Jr. Hydrogeologist (Scientist B) (Group A) and Asst. Hydrogeologist (Group B):
Academics: Must be Master’s degree holder in Geology/ Applied Geology/ Marine Geology Or, Master’s degree holder in Hydrogeology
Physical Standards: As per the norms specified for Geologists Exam
- Selection procedure will be by way of Written Test and Group Discussion/ Interview.
- The dates for Written Test will be intimated in due course through the website of the commission and through emails
- Immediately after the declaration of the result of the written part of the examination, the Commission will intimate successful candidates electronically and they shall be asked to submit Detailed Application Form (DAF) online.
- The successful candidates have to send the printout of this DAF with each page duly signed along with the attested copies of certificates to the Commission at that time.
- Originals will have to be produced at the time of interview. The interview letter to the candidates may also be issued electronically.
Strict actions will be taken again any breach of conduct or impersonation. The UPSC reserves all rights to select or deselect a candidate. The decision of the UPSC will be final and binding on the candidates.
For more detail on UPSC Geologist Examination 2012, please refer to official advertisement from UPSC here Recruitment Notification For UPSC Geologist Examination 2012