Staff Selection Commission is regarded as country’s largest recruitment body which is responsible for recruitment of large number of candidates for various government jobs. Due to the demand of government jobs among the youth and growing competition SSC has introduced various new vacancies to absorb the talented persons.
Advertisement Number: ER-01/2013
SSC has invited applications from Indian citizens for recruitment in Group B and Group C posts mentioned as under:
- Deputy Ranger – General Central Service, Group C, Non-Technical, Non gazetted, Non-Ministerial
- Library Clerk (Laboratory) – Group C Non-Technical, Non-Ministerial
- Research Associate (Bio-Chemistry) – General Central Service, Group B, Non-gazetted, Non-ministerial
- Farm Assistant – General Central Service, Group C, Non-Technical, Non ministerial, Non-gazetted
- Botanical Assistant – Group B, Non-gazetted, Non-ministerial
- Scientific Assistant (Physical – Civil) – Group B, Non-gazetted
- Library Clerk (General) – General Central Service, Group C, Non-ministerial
Total Number of Vacancies:
Total numbers of vacancies offered for each post are:
- Deputy Ranger – 1 (OBC)
- Library Clerk (Laboratory) – 1 (UR)
- Research Associate – 02 (UR-01, OBC-01)
- Farm Assistant – 1 (OBC)
- Botanical Assistant – 1 (UR)
- Scientific Assistant – 06 (UR-04, ST-01, OBC-01)
- Library Clerk (General) – 02 (OBC)
Date of notification: 12.01.2013
Last date of receipt of application: 11.02.2013
Last date of receipt of application (for far flung areas): 18.02.2013
- Deputy Ranger – Should have done intermediate or trained in regional forest school as guard or forester. Two years experience is also required.
- Library Clerk (Laboratory) – Should have done matriculation along with a certification in library science. Must also have 2 years experience.
- Research Associate – Must have Post graduate degree in Bio-Chemistry/ Organic Chemistry. One year experience in food analysis is also required.
- Farm Assistant – must completed intermediate with a certification in agriculture. Requirement for 1 year experience is must.
- Botanical Assistant – Post graduate degree in Botany or B. Sc. (Hons.) in Botany with 3 years experience.
- Scientific Assistant – Post graduate degree in Physics or Chemistry or degree in civil engineering is required. Two years experience is also required.
- Library Clerk (General) – Must have passed matriculation with certification in library science.
Examination Fee & How to:
A payment of Rs. 50 shall be done by means of Central Recruitment Fee Stamps (CRFS) only (Note: CRFS are available at the counter of all Post Offices of the country). Any other mode of application fee will get rejected.
ST/ ST/ PWD/ Ex-Serviceman/ Women candidates are are exempted for paying examination fee.
Candidates are suggested to paste CRSF on the application form in the space earmarked for that purpose. Central Recruitment Fee Stamps must be got cancelled from the Counter Clerks of any issued Post Office with the date stamp in such a manner that the impression of the cancellation stamps partially overflows on the Application form.
Candidates may be called for preliminary selection comprising of Interview/Personality Test/ Skill Test/Proficiency Test and for screening test depending upon requirements of commission.
How To Apply:
Interested applicants should send their duly filled application from in a prescribed format along with all essential documents as required by commission. It should be sent to:
“Regional Director, Staff Selection Commission (Er),
234/4, A.J.C. Bose Road, Nizam Palace, 1St Mso Building, 8Th Floor, Kolkata-700020
One can find all vital information regarding age, pay scale and educational qualification on commission website www.sscer.org or SSC Recruitment 2013 – 14 Various Vacancies.