UGC NET which stands for University Grants Commission National Entrance Test is a kind of entrance test which is regulated for admission in Ph. D research and jobs in university. It is a national level entrance test which is meant for post graduate candidates who aspire to achieve Junior Research Fellowship and eligibility for Lectureship in national universities. This test is generally associated with entry in teaching profession. Millions of candidates go through this test every year in various streams like social sciences, humanities, forensic science, computer science, environmental science and electronic science.
However the test is jointly conducted by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research and UGC for engineering and scientific fields. It is popularly known as UGC-CSIR NET which is being conducted for the subjects of chemical sciences, physical sciences, life sciences, mathematical science, planetary sciences and earth atmospheric ocean.
These tests are conducted in the months of June and December that is twice in a year. Those who are interested to pursue Junior Research Fellowship have to undergo this test and emerge eligible for it. JRF is usually awarded to the meritorious candidates. Availability of JRF is for five years only if the required criteria are fulfilled.
Net exams are conducted by UGC in twice a year in months of June and December. The advertisements regarding the application forms and examinations are published three month prior to the exams and are published in leading newspapers or employment news.
Results of examinations that took place in the month of June and December are declared in the month of October and April respectively. The candidates can check their results on either official website of UGC NET or in employment news of respective months.
Notifications related to science subjects that are jointly conducted by UGC and CSIR are issued separately by the CSIR.
Those who are interested in taking this exam can get details of application from the official website as well as from the employment news of March and September.
- The person should possess Master degree in social sciences, humanities, forensic science, computer science, environmental science and electronic science, chemical sciences, physical sciences, life sciences, mathematical science, planetary sciences and earth atmospheric ocean with at least 55% of marks. Candidates who are awaiting their results of final year can also apply.
- For CSIR the candidate should possess M.Sc. or equivalent degree with minimum 55% marks.
- Candidate should be a citizen of India.
- He should be of maximum 28 years of age and for CSIR required age should be between 19-28 years.
UGC NET paper syllabus consists of usually three papers that are given below:
- This paper contains general syllabus like questions based on General Awareness, Reasoning Ability, Comprehension and Divergent Thinking.
- Second paper comprises of short questions that are mainly based upon the selected subjects of the candidate. This section contains 50 objective questions.
- Third paper consists of long descriptive questions related to the selected subject of candidate.
Latest & Upcoming UGC NET EXAM 2012 – 2013:
- December, 2012 – //employment-news.in/csir-ugc-net-exam-december-2012-for-jrf-and-eligibility-for-lectureship/
- June, 2013 – Yet to Come
- December, 2013 – Yet to Come
We shall be updating on latest and upcoming UGC NET Exam Schedule, Application, Eligibility, Syllabus, Result 2012 2013 on regular basis. To get latest update on CSIR UGC NET 2013, Please visit //employment-news.in/csir-ugc-net/