SSC Recruitment 2013 – Prasar Bharati Announces Recruitment 2013 With Job Opportunities for Program Executive and Transmission Executive
The Prasar Bharati (PB) is an autonomous institution established under the Prasar Bharati Act 1990. As the largest broadcaster of India it comprises of All India Radio & Doordarshan. It wishes to recruit young and skilled personnel for manning the posts of Program Executives and Transmission Executives.
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has been entrusted by the Prasar Bharati to conduct recruitment to these posts on behalf of the Prasar Bharati under special dispensation. The candidates selected through this recruitment for posts in PB will NOT, however, have the status of Central Government Employees. As such they will not be eligible for benefit of age relaxation etc. as available to Central Government civilian employees in recruitments made by the Staff Selection Commission.
Applications are invited from Indian Nationals who fulfill the prescribed qualifications and age etc. for these posts. The details of eligibility criteria and norms of recruitment are described as under:
- Last date for receipt of completed application form: 19-April-2013
- Date of examination through SSC: 02-June-2013
Details of the Positions Advertised for:
Post wise vacancies – Transmission Executives: Total 878 posts
- Program Executive – Post Code A – 360 positions
- Transmission Executive (General & Production) – Post code B – 536 positions
- Transmission Executive (Family Welfare) – Post code C – 36 positions
- Transmission Executive (Farm & Home/ Farm Radio Reporter) – Post code D – 98 positions
- Transmission Executive (Scripts) – Post code E – 66 positions
- Transmission Executive (Educational Broadcast) – Post code F – 22 positions
- Transmission Executive (Science Reporting/ Field Reporter) – Post code G – 16 positions
- Transmission Executive (Tribal Dialect/ Translation) – Post code H – 32 positions
- Transmission Executive (Production Assistant) – Post code I – 72 positions
Post wise vacancies – Production Assistants: Total 360 posts
- Post Code – A – Hindustani Music – 25 posts
- Post Code – B – Karnatic Music – 10 posts
- Post Code – C – Light & Folk Music – 20 posts
- Post Code – D – Marketing etc – 35 posts
- Post Code – E – Hindi – 85 posts
- Post Code – F – Sanskrit – 3 posts
- Post Code – G – ENGLISH – 10 posts
- Post Code – H – URDU – 15 posts
- Post Code – I – ASSAMESE – 10 posts
- Post Code – J – ORIYA – 10 posts
- Post Code – K – BENGALI – 10 posts
- Post Code – L – MANIPURI – 6 posts
- Post Code – M – BODO – 6 posts
- Post Code – N – TELUGU – 10 posts
- Post Code – O – TAMIL – 10 posts
- Post Code – P – MALAYALAM – 10 posts
- Post Code – Q – KANNADA – 10 posts
- Post Code – R – MARATHI – 10 posts
- Post Code – S – KONKANI – 8 posts
- Post Code – T – GUJARATI – 10 posts
- Post Code – U – PUNJABI – 8 posts
- Post Code – V – KASHMIRI – 10 posts
- Post Code – W – DOGRI – 6 posts
- Post Code – X – MAITHILI – 6 posts
- Post Code – Y – SANTHALI – 8 posts
- Post Code – Z – NEPALI – 6 posts
- Post Code – # – SINDHI – 3 posts
Academic Eligibility –
- For Transmission Executive: The applicant must have a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized university and must have proficiency in the language relevant to the vacancy.
Apart from this the candidates must have proficiency in required fields as specified for specific positions as detailed in the official advertisement at //prasarbharati.gov.in/Opportunities/Employment
- For Program Executive: The applicant must have a MA or MSc degree from a recognized University and a record of literary or dramatic or debating activities or publications or popular science. The applicant must have proficiency in the language relevant to the vacancy.
Or, The applicant must have a Bachelors Degree and a Diploma of at least two years duration From National School of Drama, Film and Television Institute of India or any similar institutions in creative streams
Pay Scale and Remunerations:
The applicants selected for the job positions will be entitled to receive remuneration in the scale of Rs.9300 – Rs.34800 along with Grade Pay of Rs.4600 for Program Executives and a Grade Pay of Rs.4200 for the positions of Transmission Executives respectively.
Age Specific Criteria:
The age of the applicants must be below 30 years of age as on 1-Jan-2013. The relaxation in upper age limit will be applicable as per norms.
- For General category candidates: Rs.200
- No fee is required for SC, ST, PH and Women candidates
- The fee can be paid in shape of cash deposit challan or through Net banking in Any State Bank of India
How to Apply:
- Interested applicants can apply Online Only at the website of SSC at //ssconline2.gov.in
- The applicants must practice acute degree of caution as information once entered and submitted cannot be edited in future
- Original certificates along with one set of attested photocopy will be scrutinized/ verified to ascertain the eligibility of the candidate for the concerned post either at the time of interview or document verification
- Candidates must carry at least one photo bearing IDENTITY PROOF in original at the examination.
For more detail please refer to official advertisement here //prasarbharati.gov.in/NR/rdonlyres/BD0A40E9-624A-4873-BFDA-4D28E4DD6A60/19537/CombinedRecruitmentofPEXandTREXinPrasarBharatiAdvt.pdf.