Formerly reputed as Special Service Bureau under the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India, Sashastra Seema Bal has attained a special status of paramilitary cadre presently. It has been officially inducted as a paramilitary force under tire-II structure of the Union Government of India. Sashastra Seema Bal has been reputed to its honor and bravery in maintaining law and order within the boundaries of the Home Ministry as a police protection unit guarding the borders. Better known as a wing of Central Armed Police Force, Sashastra Seema Bal has retained a glorious career since its establishment in the year 1963 in the light of Indo-China conflict during that period.
Presently Sashastra Seema Bal is inviting application from dedicated and competent Indian Male and Female citizens to join the posts of Sub-Inspector, Asst. Sub-Inspector, Head Constable and Constable in Paramedical Cadre. There are total 109 positions advertised for filling up through competent selection.
The details of the eligibility criteria and the essential credentials are mentioned as under:
Posts to be Filled Up with Numbers:
Group B: (with their respective Post codes)
01. Sub-Inspector (Staff Nurse) (Female): 47 Posts (UR-23, OBC-14, SC-7, ST-3)
Group C: (with their respective Post codes)
02. Asst. Sub-Inspector (Pharmacist) (Male & Female): 7 Posts (UR-1, OBC-1, SC-2, ST-3)
03. Asst. Sub-Inspector (Radiographer) (Male & Female): 10 Posts (UR-6, OBC-3, SC-1)
04. Asst. Sub-Inspector (Operation Theatre Technician) (Male & Female): 2 Posts (UR)
05. Asst. Sub-Inspector (Dental Technician) (Male & Female): 2 Posts (UR)
06. Head Constable (Steward) (Male & Female): 3 Posts (UR)
07. Constable (Lab. Assistant) (Male & Female): 33 Posts (UR-5, OBC-18, SC-9, ST-1)
08. Constable (Ayah) (Female): 5 Posts (UR-2, OBC-2, SC-1)
Last date for Application form submission:
- For all areas except far flung areas as demarcated by the government: 31-July-2013
- For far flung areas as demarcated by the government: 07-August-2013
Pay Scale Provisions:
- Sub-Inspector: Rs.9300 – Rs.34800 and a grade pay of Rs.4200 in PB-II
- Asst. Sub-Inspector: Rs.5200 – Rs.20200 and a grade pay of Rs.2800 in PB-I
- Head Constable: Rs.5200 – Rs.20200 and a grade pay of Rs.2400 in PB-I
- Constable: Rs.5200 – Rs.20200 and a grade pay of Rs.2000 in PB-I
- Other allowances and perks as admissible by the SSB
- Sub-Inspector: Age of the candidate should be within 21 to 30 years as on 31-July-2013.
- Asst. Sub-Inspector: Age of the candidate should be within 20 to 30 years as on 31-July-2013.
- Head Constable: Age of the candidate should be within 18 to 25 years as on 31-July-2013.
09. Constable: Age of the candidate should be within 18 to 25 years as on 31-July-2013.
10. Upper age limit is relaxable for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates
Nationality: A candidate must be a Indian citizen in order to apply
11. Sub-Inspector (Staff Nurse): The applicants must have passed 10+2 in Science and should have 3 years Diploma in General Nursing. The applicant must have registered with Central or State Nursing Council and should have 02 years experience in a recognized Hospital.
12. ASI (Pharmacist): The applicants must have passed 10+2 in Science and should have Degree or Diploma in Pharmacy. The applicant should be registered as a Pharmacist.
13. ASI (Radiographer): The applicants must have passed 10+2 in Science and should have 2 years Diploma in Radio diagnosis. The applicant must have at least 1 year experience in Radiological department of a hospital.
14. ASI (Operation Theatre Technician): The applicants must have passed 10+2 in Science and should have Diploma in Operation Theatre Technician or certificate in Operation Theatre Assistant cum Central Sterile Supply Assistant Training Course. Must have at least 2 years experience as Operation Theatre Technician.
15. ASI (Dental Technician): The applicants must have passed 10+2 in Science and should have 2 years Diploma in Dental Hygienist. Must have at least 1 year experience as a Dental Technician.
16. Head Constable (Steward): The applicants must have passed Matriculation and should have Diploma or Certificate in Catering Kitchen Management. Must have at least 1 year experience in similar capacity in a reputed Hotel.
17. Constable (Lab. Assistant): The applicants must have passed Matriculation with science and should have First Aid Examination pass certificate from Red Cross Society or should be a Trained Dai. Must have at least 1 year experience in similar capacity.
18. Constable (Ayah): The applicants must have passed Matriculation with science and should have Certificate in Laboratory Assistant Course.
Physical Standard: As per the rules and regulations of the SSB Act
Selection Procedure :
The selection process shall consist of following stages:
- Documentation (All certificates, proofs and Application forms)
- Physical Standard Test (PST)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Written Examination
- Technical Trade Test (as necessary)
- Final Medical Examination
- Review Medical Examination
- Verification of Credentials and Certificates
Note: The final selection list will be prepared in order of merit, category wise, after completion of Review Medical Examination.
Where to Avail the Application Form:
The proforma application forms are available at the website of SSB at www.ssbrectt.gov.in or at //www.ssb.nic.in
- For General and OBC: Rs.50
- For SC/ ST/ Ex-Servicemen: Fees Exempted
How to Pay the Application Fee:
The Application Fee could be deposited in shape of Demand Draft only in favor of “The DIG, SHQ. SSB, Purnea” and payable at SBI, Purnea (Bihar), Branch Code-0159
How to Apply:
- The details of the Application Form is available at the website //www.ssb.nic.in/shared/linkimages/6589.pdf, which need to be downloaded or computer typed in a good quality A4 size paper.
- Candidates need to read the instructions and fill the application form as per the exact requirements
- Submission of filled-in application will be done by post to the address mentioned below
- The candidate must attach two numbers of self-addressed envelopes of 4”x9” size with Rs.25 postage stamps duly affixed
- The envelope containing the application should be super scribed in block letters as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF ………………………… POST Code ………………. IN SASHASTRA SEEMA BAL”
- Address to send the Completed Application Form:
The Deputy Inspector General
Sector HQ. SSB, Purnea
Post Box No.25, District- Purnea
Bihar, PIN -854301
Official Advertisement – //www.ssb.nic.in/shared/linkimages/6589.pdf