Steel Authority of India Limited is one of the leading Maharatna Companies of India operating for production of best standard steels through its Steel Plants. Being a fully integrated Iron and Steel maker, SAIL retains a glorious cadre of reputation even among the Steel manufacturers of the world. With a vast network of 5 integrated Steel Plants, 3 Special Steel Plants and numerous other joint ventures, this is the single largest producer of Steel as a public sector entity.
With the recent notification from one of its integrated Steel Plan, IISCO Steel Plant at Burnpur, West Bengal, SAIL invites competent applications from individuals to join this vivacious workforce as an Operator-Cum-Technician-Trainee and Operator-Cum-Technician-Trainee (Boiler Operation). The details of the criteria for eligibility and concerned process for selection are detailed as under:
Employment Notification Number: 2013/1
Most Important Dates:
- Starting Date of Registering Online Application: 17-April-2013
- Last date Of Registration of Online Application: 13-May-2013
- Last Date for Payment of Application Fees (offline): In between 17-April till 13-May-2013
Details of Vacancy Positions:
- Operator-Cum-Technician-Trainee (Grade-S-3): 300 positions (UR-150, SC-69, ST-15, and OBC-66 positions out of which Ex-Sm-30 and PWD-9 positions)
The vacancies are divided as per specific trades of Engineering such as:
Mechanical – 75, Electrical – 75, Metallurgy – 40, Electronics – 35, Instrumentation – 35, Chemical – 20, Ceramics – 10, Civil – 10 positions
- Operator-cum-Technician (Boiler Operation) (Grade S-3): 05 positions (UR-1, SC-2, ST-1, and OBC-1 positions out of which PWD-1 position)
Pay Scale Provisions:
The selected applicants will be eligible for a stipend of Rs.10700 per month in the first year of their training and Rs.12200 in the second year of their training. After successful completion they will be eligible to receive a scale pay in the range of Rs.9160-Rs.13150 in the S-3 Grade.
- Operator-Cum-Technician-Trainee (Grade-S-3): The applicants should have completed 3 years full time Diploma in Engineering in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronics/ Metallurgy/ Chemical/ Ceramics/ Civil, and Instrumentation disciplines.
- Operator-cum-Technician (Boiler Operation) (Grade S-3): The applicants should have completed 3 years full time Diploma in Engineering along with 2nd Class or 1st Class Certificate of Boiler Competency.
- Operator-Cum-Technician-Trainee (Grade-S-3): The applicant should be within 18-28 years of age as on 1-Jan-2013
- Operator-cum-Technician (Boiler Operation) (Grade S-3): The applicant should be within 18-30 years of age as on 1-Jan-2013
- Note: However, age will be relaxable for the SC, ST, OBC, PWD and Ex-sm as per rules
- For SC/ ST/ PWD: Rs.50
- For General and OBC: Rs.250
- The fee can be paid through SBI cash deposit challan form as can be downloaded from the website of SAIL at //www.sail.co.in
- The fee is to be paid to the SBI Power Jyoti A/c No -31932241266 maintained at SBI, Burnpur, West Bengal
- The applicants selected for the job will be inducted in a Training Duration expanding over a minimum of 2 years. This may be further expanded if desired by SAIL.
- After successful completion of the training period the candidates will be inducted as technicians in the same scale of S-3
Mode of Selection:
The selection of candidates will be done through the following stages:
- Scrutiny of Candidature
- Written Examination
- Final Medical Test
How to Apply:
For OCTT – Apply Online Here
For OCTT (Boiler Operation) – Apply Online Here
- The candidates can apply only through Online mode at the website of SAIL at //www.sail.co.in, or //sail.shine.com/jobs/
- One candidate can submit only One Application.
- The candidates need to have their photograph and signature scanned for uploading during online registration
- A valid email ID is mandatory for registering online
- The candidates need to take the Printout of the fee deposit challan and pay their application fees to the SBI account mentioned in any branch of SBI and upload the details in the same website.
- Wrong and misleading information may subject to disqualification of candidature