The government of Rajasthan was one of the early implementers of Computers in state government functioning well before 1987. It was a special Directorate of Computers, which was later converted to Directorate of Information Technology and Communication (DoIT&C). This directorate acts as a nodal agency for computerization of the state government machinery and works in close association with other departments for computerization projects and making the whole state government functions IT efficient. It also provides technical advice to the other functionaries of government for IT efficiency and automation of the office.
With the recent notification from the DoIT&C, a competitive examination will be conducted for selection of Information Assistant to support the functioning of this directorate in the state of Rajasthan.
The details of the eligibility criteria and the selection norms are as under:
Name of the examination:
- Competitive Examination for Information Assistant – 2013
Number of expected vacancies: Total 6300 (out of which TSP-537, Sahariya (tribe)-07 and Non-TSP-5756)
For details of vacancies for SC/ST/OBC/ Women and other special categories please refer to the original advertisement at //doitc.rajasthan.gov.in/administrator/Lists/Recruitment/Attachments/73/IA.PDF
Note: TSP = Tribal Sub Plan
- Starting date for Online Registration: 1-May-2013
- Last date for Online Registration: 30-May-2013 till midnight
- Date of Online Examination: 16-June-2013
Minimum Educational Qualification & Typing Efficiency:
The applicant must be a Graduate or higher Degree holder in Computer science, Computer Engg, Computer Application or Electronics or Electronics and Communication or Information technology
OR, the applicant should have a 3 years of Polytechnic Diploma in Computer Application, IT, Comp. Science & Engineering or equivalent
Or, the applicant should have completed ‘O’ level course as offered by DOEACC or NIEIT
Or, the applicant should be a graduate of COPA/ DPSC
Additionally, the applicant should have sound knowledge of Writing, Reading and Speaking Devnagari Script and Hindi language
And, the applicant should have typing speed of 20 words per minute in English and Hindi
The applicant must be at least 21 years and should not have crossed 35 years as on 01-jan-2013
However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit as per rules for the candidates who fall under special categories as demarcated by the State Govt. of Rajasthan. This age relaxation will be applicable for candidates from Rajasthan State natives only.
The applicants selected as Information Assistants will receive a pay scale in PB-1 in the range of Rs.5200 – Rs.20200 with a grade pay of Rs.2400.
The applicants will receive a monthly remuneration of Rs.7900 during the probation period
- For General, Creamy Layer of OBC and Special BC: Rs.500
- For Non-creamy layer of OBC and Special BC from Rajasthan State: Rs.250
- For all others special category candidates from Rajasthan State: Rs.150
- The fee can be remitted by the candidates through eMitra Kiosks and through Citizen Service Centres (CSC) only
Mode of Selection:
- The first phase of the selection will be done through a Online Test, & test of Typing Skills
- The second phase will be done for the selected candidates and for that the candidates have to apply again through the special notification as released at a later date for the same
- The candidates who are selected in the first phase will have to apply again through the detailed application form.
- This selection will be done strictly on a Merit Listing
How to Apply:
a) The candidates fulfilling all eligibility credential can apply ONLINE through eMitra Kiosks and Citizen Service Centres (CSC) in the Rajasthan State at the website //doitc.rajasthan.gov.in
b) The applicants are advised read through the instructions and guidelines before submission of online Application form
c) The candidates are advised to fill in the application with caution as there will be no chance of altering the data once the application form is submitted
d) After the completion of the registration, the candidates need to make the payment of fees, through the same kiosk or CSC.
e) The candidates have to upload their recent photograph and signature at appropriate spaces on the Online Application
f) The candidates should save the hardcopies of the application for future reference
g) The Sl. No of application and the Token number should be kept in safe custody by the applicants.