Incorporated in the year 1906, National Insurance Company (NIC) was a part of the country’s Swadeshi Movement as an expression of the Indian aspiration to establish a strong indigenous Company even in the midst of foreign rule. Today 106 years after its incorporation, 37 years after its nationalization and 10 years after its delinking from GIC, NIC stands tall as the Oldest insurance company in India and the only Company among 24 life insurance and 27 non-life insurance companies to be headquartered in the Eastern part of the country.
NIC has been a consistent Market Leader in two zones (Northern India & Eastern India) for several years now. It has consistently been seen as “Best In Service” in the Motor and Health classes of Business which constitute 63% of the Indian Non Life Insurance Market. Presently expanding to a robust 1340 offices including 373 Business Centres with 15,200 skilled personnel, NIC spans the length and breadth of the country. The Company also has operations in Nepal.
With the present announcement, the NIC invites competent applications for Assistants in the North-Eastern states of Nagaland, Mizoram, Meghalaya and Arunanchal Pradesh.
The details of the requirement are as follows:
Cadre of Recruitment (in Guwahati Region):
- Assistant in Arunanchal Pradesh: 4 Posts (UR-2, ST-2)
- Assistant in Meghalaya: 4 Posts (UR-2, ST-2)
- Assistant in Mizoram: 6 Posts (UR-4, ST-2)
- Assistant in Nagaland: 6 Posts (UR-3, ST-3)
Most Important Dates:
- Last date for receipt of Application: 3-May-2013
- Date of Objective Test: 2-June-2013
Details of Eligibility Criteria:
The applicants must not have crossed 28 years and should be above 18 years of age as on 30-June-2013
However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit for ST candidates as per rules.
The applicant must be a Graduate from a recognized University OR Pass in HSC/Equivalent (XII pass) examination with 60% marks (50% for Ex-SM, SC/ST and PH candidates)
- Language Proficiency:
The candidates should essentially have ability to communicate (both orally and/or in writing) in local Language of the particular state.
- The selection of candidates will be done through a Written Objective Test. Computer Literacy Test and Personal Interview.
- The decision of the NIC will be Final and Binding on the selection
- For General candidates: Rs.100 only
- For ST candidates: Rs.50 only
- The fee can be paid in shape of Demand Draft issues in favor of National Insurance Company Limited and payable at Guwahati
HOW TO APPLY:
- The candidates, who fulfil the above eligibility criteria can apply through the prescribed application form available at the website of the National Insurance Company at //www.nationalinsuranceindia.com
- The aspirants should take care to fill in all details as indicated by the Application Form, failure of which may subject to rejection of candidature
- The completed application form along with all photocopies of credential must be submitted to the concerned Regional Officer so as to reach the office by the last date of application (i.e. 3-May-2013)
- The completed applications should be super-scribed as “Application for the Post of Assistant (In the State of ……………………………….only)”
- The address to send completed application form:
The Chief Regional Manager
National Insurance Co. Ltd.
Guwahati Regional Office
Lohia Mansion, Bhangagarh
Guwahati – 781 005
For more detail on this recruitment please refer to official advertisement here www.nationalinsuranceindia.com/nicWeb/nic/recruitmain.jsp