Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), is an Indian government owned Oil and Natural Gas Corporation. The company is the 83rd largest public sector corporation, according to the Fortune list for Global 500 companies in the world. IndianOil and its subsidiaries account for its share in the petroleum products market, refining capacity and downstream pipelining sector in India. The IndianOil Group of Companies owns and operates 10 out of total 22 refineries in India with a aggregated refining capacity of 65.7 million metric tonnes per year. IOCL has been conferred Maharatna status by the Govt. of India for its expanded scale of operation.
Applications are invited from Indian Nationals fulfilling the eligibility criteria for the posts of Junior Engineering Assistant – IV at Indian Oil Corporation Ltd, Paradeep Refinery Project Complex in Odisha.
The category-wise vacancies and requisite criteria for selection are as indicated below: Advertisement No. PDRP/HR/01/Rectt-13
- Opening date for online submission of Application: 26-Aug-2013
- Last date for online submission of Application: 16-Sept-2013
- Last date for submission of hardcopy of application with other essential documents: 25-Sept-2013
Details of the Job Positions:
- Jr. Engineering Assistant-IV (Production) – 54 Posts (UR-28, SC-08, ST-12, OBC-NCL-06) – Pay Scale – Rs.11900- Rs.32000 – Discipline – Chemical – Academics – B.Sc. (Physics, Chemistry or Industrial Chemistry & Maths) with 60% marks or 3 year Diploma in Chemical Engineering with 60% marks – Experience – 1 (one) year post qualification experience in Operations Area in Petroleum Refinery/ Petrochemical/ Fertilizer industry
- Jr. Engineering Assistant-IV (P&U-O&M) – 10 Posts (UR-05, SC-02, ST-02, OBC-NCL-01) – Pay Scale – Rs.11900- Rs.32000 – Discipline – Electrical – Academics – 3 years Diploma in Electrical Engineering with minimum 60% marks – Experience – 1 (one) year post qualification experience in operation / maintenance of Generators/Distribution Sub Stations (LT & HT at 0.4 KV & 6.6 KV level or above respectively)/ Maintenance of HT/LT Switch gears or equivalent a Petroleum Refinery / Petrochemical / Fertilizer company.
- Jr. Engineering Assistant-IV (P&U-O&M) – 11 Posts (UR-06, SC-02, ST-02, OBC-NCL-01) – Pay Scale – Rs.11900- Rs.32000 – Discipline – Mechanical/ Electrical – Academics – 3 years Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and Boiler competency certificate (1st class or as may be applicable under the respective State Boiler Rules) – Experience – 1 (one) year post qualification experience in operation of Thermal power station (Boilers, HRSGs, Gas Turbines, Steam Turbines, Air compressors, DM Plant / RO Plant, Fire water pump house or equivalent in a Petroleum Refinery / Petrochemical / Fertilizer company.
- Jr. Engineering Assistant-IV (Mechanical Maintenance) – 09 Posts (UR-05, SC-01, ST-02, OBC-NCL-01) – Pay Scale – Rs. 11900- Rs.32000 – Discipline – Mechanical Academics – 3 years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with minimum 60% marks – Experience – 1 (one) year post qualification experience in maintenance/ overhauling of rotary equipments such as Compressors, Gas / Steam Turbines, Pumps, Mechanical Seals / Dry gas seals, Bearings (Journal / Anti-friction), Safety valves, etc. in a Petroleum Refinery / Petrochemical / Fertilizer company.
- Jr. Engineering Assistant-IV (Instrumentation Maintenance) – 06 Posts (UR-03, SC-01, ST-01, OBC-NCL-01) – Pay Scale – Rs. 11900- Rs.32000 – Discipline – Instrumentation Academics – 3 years Diploma in Engineering in Instrumentation / Instrumentation & Electronics / Instrumentation Control with minimum 60% marks – Experience – 1 (one) year post qualification experience in Maintenance of Modern instrumentation control system like DCS, PLC with electronic field instrumentation, loop configuration, condition monitoring, cabling, earthing etc., in a Petroleum Refinery / Petrochemical / Fertilizer company.
- Candidates possessing professional qualifications such as BE or equivalent, MBA or equivalent or MCA shall not be considered for the above notified posts.
- For educational qualification and experience the reckoning date will be 31-Aug-2013
Important Eligibility Factor:
- Age: The desiring candidates must fall within the age group of 18-26 years as on 31-August-2013. Upper age limit is relaxed for reserved category of candidates and candidates having adequate experience.
- The fees are payable in shape of a crossed DD of Rs. 150/- (One hundred and fifty only) as application fee (non-refundable) in favour of Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. payable at State Bank of India, Paradeep Branch (Branch Code: 003945, IFSC Code : SBIN0003945).
- No other mode of payment shall be accepted.
- SC/ ST/ Ex-servicemen/ PWD candidates are exempted from payment of application fee
Mode of Selection:
- Selection would be based on written test, trade test (as applicable) and personal interview. The candidates will have to pass successfully through each stage of the selection process including medical fitness for being selected
How to Apply:
- Candidates having requisite qualification and fulfilling eligibility criteria should apply through Online mode only as available at the website of Paradeep Refinery (IOCL) at www.paradiprefinery.in .
- The candidates should complete all stages of application with factual details
- The candidates should upload their scanned signature and photographs at appropriate spaces on the online application. This will be verified with original proofs during the final selection phase
- The hardcopy of Online application along with necessary certificates and demand Draft must reach the address mentioned below on or before the last date specified (25-Sept-2013)
- For any queries, or clarifications, please refer to the final advertisement at //www.iocl.com/peoplecareers/ADVT_NON_EXE_POSTS-PDRP-90_posts_Final.pdf
- The application completed in all respect should be sent by ordinary post to:
Indian Oil Corporation Limited
Paradeep Refinery Project
Post Box No. 145, General Post Office(GPO)