Indian Ordnance Factories are set-up to produce arms, ammunitions and equipments related to military and civilian applications. It works under the Ministry of Defence, Government of India. The headquarters are situated at Ayudh Bhawan, Kolkata.
Name of Post:
IOF have invited the applications of candidates for post of Workmen in Semi- Skilled Grade for Ordnance Factory Dumdum and Nalanda. Posts available are Book Binder, Carpenter, Electrician, Examiner, Fitter, Grinder, Machinist, Mason, Miller, Millwright, Sheet Metal Worker, Tool Maker, Turner, Welder, CPW, Rigger and Examiner.
Total Number of Vacancies:
A total number of 1454 vacancies are in Ordnance factory Dumdum while 180 posts are available in Ordnance factory Nalanda.
Online registrations start from: 01-11-2012
Last for online registrations: 21-11-2012
Last date for receipt of applications: 30-11-2012
Last date for receipt of applications for far flung areas: 07-12-2012
In order to appear eligible for post:
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Must have passed matriculation.
- Should possess National Apprentice Certificate /National Trade Certificate issued by NCVT.
Candidates must be between 18 years to 32 years. Upper age relaxation of 3 years is offered to OBC and 5 years to SC/ ST candidates.
Application Fee & How to:
Applicants should pay a fee of Rs. 50 through online payment mode at the time of registration or through the payment Challan as directed by the guidelines given in advertisement. Reserved category candidates are exempted from fee.
In order to get selected candidates will have to qualify the written test after which they will be called for trade test and practical test. Candidates will require qualify all the tests for selection.
Mode of Application:
Application will be entertained by both online and offline modes.
How to Apply:
Procedure of application will comprise of three parts as given below:
- Part I will require the filling of online application form by the candidate on website www.ofb.gov.in.
- After submission of application candidate will proceed to second part of registration. Here he must fill the details of transaction of application fee if he has not submitted it yet then he can follow the guidelines given there.
- When both the registrations get completed then applicant is required to take a printout of application form and fee receipt. He must post the application by affixing passport size photograph and signing along with the original copy of payment Challan. Communication address is available on website.
Candidates are suggested to check out official advertisement in detail here Indian Ordnance Factories Recruitment 2012 – Workmen in Semi-skilled Grade for Ordnance Factory Dumdum And Nalanda before applying to the post.