Indian navy is one of the most electrifying career for any youth today as it is laced with challenges, proud and honor. Guarding the coastlines of the nation with high degree of technicality and bravery, Indian Navy is surpassing a glorious history since independence of this sovereign nation. As our country is surrounded from three sides by the waves of the oceans and seas, safeguarding the national boundaries can become possible through the dedicated and armed wing of the national security – our beloved Indian Navy.
With the recent initiative from the Indian Navy, there is an announcement for filling up competent positions in Logistics (Permanent Commission) and Officers in Education Branch and Air Traffic Control (Short Service Commission).
The details of the application procedure and eligibility criteria are mentioned underneath:
Mode of Application: The applications are invited Online only through the official website of Indian Navy at //nausena-bharti.nic.in . However they have to submit the hardcopy of the application to the concerned address to complete their application formality.
(The candidates are advised to submit only one application as multiple applications will subject to rejection of candidature)
- Date of commencement of receipt of Online Application: 08-May-2013
- End Date Online registration: 31-May-2013
- Final receipt of the printout of the Online Application Form with all documents: 10-June-2013
Where to send the final Application form with Documents:
Post Box No. 04, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi – 110 021
The Branches of Service to which candidates will be inducted:
- Logistics/ Works (Permanent Commission only for Male Candidates)
- Education (Short Service Commission for both male and female candidates)
- Air Traffic Control (ATC- Short Service Commission for both male and female candidates)
Who can Apply:
- The applicant, who is a citizen of India, and unmarried can apply for these executive positions and technical cadre positions.
- Logistics/ Works (Permanent Commission): An applicant must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering (BE/ BTech)/ BArch with 60% or above marks for Works cadre and should possess a Graduate Degree in BA/ BCom/ MA/ BE/ BTech/ BSc (IT)/ MSc (IT) with minimum 60% marks in aggregate for Logistics cadre.
- Education (Short Service Commission): An applicant must possess MSc in Physics/ Maths/ Operational research and Analysis/ Meteorology/ Oceanography/ Atmospheric Sc/ English or History with 50% marks in aggregate or BE/ BTech in Mechanical/ Comp. Sc./ IT/ Comp Engg./ Meteorology/ Oceanography with 60% marks in aggregate
- Air Traffic Control (Short Service Commission): An applicant must possess MSc in Physics/ Maths/ Electronics with 55% marks in aggregate or BSc in Physics/ Maths/ Electronics with 55% marks in aggregate
- Applicants who have not completed their Degree course, need not apply for these posts.
The candidates applying for these branches of PC or SSC must achieve the minimum/ maximum age as mentioned below:
- Logistics/ Works (Permanent Commission): Minimum of 19 and half years and maximum age of 25 years by 1st July 2013.
- Education (Short Service Commission): Minimum of 21 years and maximum age of 25 years by 1st July 2013.
- Air Traffic Control (Short Service Commission): Minimum of 19 and half years and maximum age of 25 years by 1st July 2013.
The candidates must possess the minimum specified Physical standard in order to get considered for the Permanent Commission and Short Service Commission. There will be no relaxation in the standards.
- Height: 157 cm for male and 152 for female
- Eyesight: 6/60 (without glasses for Logistics and Education branches) and 6/9 and 6/6 (without glasses for ATC). These should be corrected to 6/6 with glasses
Grant of Commission:
The officers get entry into Short Service Commission will not be offered Permanent Commission and granted a term of 10 years of service to the Indian Navy. This can be extended to a maximum period of 14 years from the date of joining.
The Officers in permanent commission will be granted commission during the Training course starting from December 2013 at Indian naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala.
Full pay and allowances will be offered to Officers while undergoing training
Salary, Emoluments and Pay Structure:
The Officers selected through the course commencing from December 2013 will be eligible to receive a salary including basic pay, grade pay plus allowances and other remunerations as per norms. The Grade of Pay for Sub. Lieutenant will be in the order of PB-3 and that for the maximum rank of Vice-Admiral will be in the order of HAG Scale. The CTC for the Sub. Lieutenant will be around Rs. 66000 per month.
- The short-listed candidates will be directly called for the SSB interviews sometime in between July-November 2013 at Bangalore/ Bhopal/ Coimbatore. The short-listing will be done considering all eligibility factors and no communication in this regard will be entertained.
- The total duration of SSB interview will be of three to five days including Stage-I and II
- The candidates will be selected on a merit performance basis considering their SSB Score, and on SSB Medical Examination.
How to Apply:
- The applications are received online only and any other form of application will therefore be rejected summarily.
- For filling up of Online Application, the candidates are requested to log in to the portal of Indian Navy at //www.nausena-bharti.nic.in.
- The candidates are requested to fill in all requisite details with acute accuracy and with precision.
- All the information provided in the application form should match with the documentary evidence
- After filling in the application form the candidates are required to take two printout of their completed application form. One copy should be sent to the below mentioned address along with the other documentary evidence and the other copy should be retained with the candidates as future reference.
Address for sending completed Application Form:
Post Box No. 04, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi – 110 021
- Email ID is a mandatory requirement for Online Application
- The envelope containing the Print copy of the Online application form along with other essential copy of supporting documents should be marked with “ONLINE APPLICATION NO. __________ APPLICATION FOR PC (LOG)/ SSC (Education)/ SSB(ATC) – DEC 2013 COURSE Qualification _______ Percentage _____%. in bold and Capital letters.
- Applications to be sent by ordinary post only. Speed Post, Courier and Registered Post will not be accepted anyhow.
- The details of the advertisement can be obtained from the website of Indian Navy at //www.nausena-bharti.nic.in
Official Advertisement here @ //www.davp.nic.in/