Indian Air Force Announces Recruitment Rally for Airmen (Technical)
Venue: MGR Stadium, Madurai
Date: 22.07.2012 – 25.07.2012
Indian Air Force is one of the prime service wings of National Defense System safeguarding the aero-boundaries of the nation. With an intension to cover up the upcoming vacancies in the non-gazetted technical cadre, Indian Air Force is announcing the recruitment rally for selection of Airmen in Group X (Technical cadre).
The recruitment drive is scheduled to be held in the MGR Stadium ground, Madurai, Tamilnadu, from 22nd of July to 25th of July 2012 and is intended for all young, unmarried and motivated youth to be a part of this opportunity to go after a glorious career in the Indian Air Force.
The posts intended to be filled up by Recruitment Drive:
Airman – Group X (Technical)
Who can Apply:
Any citizen of India, who is unmarried and has the following minimum basic eligibility is suitable to take this opportunity to be a part of the enchanting service of Indian Air Force.
The aspirants should not have born before 1st of July 1991 and after 30th of September 1995 to be eligible for consideration. The days stated above are inclusive for consideration.
The candidates must possess:
a) Minimum 50% marks in aggregate in Intermediate Science with Maths, Physics and English.
b) Three years Diploma in Engineering in the streams of Electrical, Mechanical, Electronics, Automobile, Information Technology or Instrumentation Technology. The candidates must have secured at least 50% marks in aggregate in the final examination of such courses.
NOTE: The candidates have to offer the exact percentage of marks and 49.9% should not be rounded off to 50%.
Mandatory Domicile Necessity:
- The candidate must have passed his qualification form any of the university and institution situated in Tamilnadu, and Union Territory of Puducherry, Andaman & Nicobar Islands. The candidate should fulfill the domicile requirement for these states/ UTs.
- The children Air Force Personnel:
a) Children of serving Air Force personnel may appear the tests without the domicile requirement with a condition that their parents must be serving the Indian Air Force from the same state/ UT.
b) The children of ex-Air Force Personnel may also apply for the posts without the domicile requirement, with a condition that their parents are staying in the same state/ UT for at least one year after their retirement.
Tenure of Appointment and Training:
- The candidates selected as Air Man in Indian Air Force will have to serve the Force for tenure of 20 years, which may be further extended till the retirement age of 56 years.
- The candidates have to undergo Joint Basic Phase Training program of 12 weeks prior to their induction in Service.
- After successful completion of the training the candidates will be posted as Airman in ground duties as per their skill level and technical experience.
Pay Scale and Allowances:
- During the training period an Airman will be entitled to receive a sum of Rs.8550/- per month as stipend. The starting salary during the initial phase of induction as Airman will be in the order of Rs.20542 per month. This pay may rise up to Rs.36250 per month depending upon their rank attained in subsequent years.
- Other basic allowance will be as per the rank and will be delivered to the candidates starting from the training period.
- The candidates selected as Airmen will be entitled to receive various other special facilities as it is extended to a person in defense service.
- The retirement benefit will also be applicable to Airmen with pension, gratuity and medical insurance cover.
Opportunities for promotion:
The candidate joining Air Force as an Airman is also legible for promotion to the rank of Master Warrant Officer (MWO). However, the candidates will also get chance to be promoted to commissioned posts with competency and credibility.
Specific Job profiles:
The candidates interested for Group X (Technical) posts will be inducted in Service in the following categories:
- Automobile Fitter
- Electronics Fitter
- Electrical Fitter
- Mechanical System Fitter
- Structure Fitter
- Propulsion Fitter
- Workshop Fitter, and
- Weapon Fitter
The selection for Airmen (Technical) will be done in multiple phases as per the following specifications:
- Written Test:
All candidates have to attend the Written Test and every aspirant joining the rally is advised to bring his writing instruments, pen, HB pencil, eraser, sharpener, etc. to the rally venue.
The pattern of questions will base on Physics, Mathematics and English of intermediate standard.
The duration for this test will be 60 minutes
The results will be declared on the same day at the ground
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT): The PFT will be conducted on the ground and candidates have to qualify the minimum physical fitness standard. The results will be announced on the same day at the venue.
- Personal Interview: The candidates who have cleared the written test and PFT will have to appear Interview in working English.
- Trade Allocation Test (TAT): The specific TAT will be conducted at the Basic Training Institute, Air Force, Belgaum and all candidates will have to appear this test in two strings. (i.e. Electrical and Mechanical)
- Medical Examination: The final phase of selection will be Medical Examination. The test will be done as per the norms for recruitment of Airmen in IAF.
Those candidates, who have been disqualified and want to re-appear Medicals, have to submit a Military Receivable Order (MRO) of Rs.40 in favor of 8 Airmen Selection Centre, Tambram within 7 days from the date of issue of Medical Disqualifying Certificate.
- The candidates are advised to clean their ear, teeth, hair, nails before applying for the Medical Test.
- The candidates should be prepared to stay for 4-5 days at their own cost for complete selection procedure.
How can you get entry:
- The entry to the grounds of selection is open to all eligible candidates.
- The candidates have to submit their proof of age, education and other necessary credentials along with the Application Form at the rally only
- No Application form is required to be sent to the Air Force selection centre prior to the date of rally.
Publication of Results:
The all India selection list will be published at the walls of 8 Airmen Selection Center, Air Force Station, Tambram, Tamilnadu on 17th of August 2012.
- For any queries you can contact to the Commanding Officer, 8 Airmen Selection Centre, Tambram at his phone numbers: 044-22396565 (Extension – 7833), 044-22390561 (Direct) and 09445299128 or to the email ID: [email protected].
- Be aware of the touts, frauds and middlemen!