Indian Air Force (IAF) has invited applications from unmarried male Indians from districts of Tripura, Meghalaya, Assam and Mizoram to join air force as airmen in Group X Technical trades. It will involve the jobs of Automobile Fitter, Electronics Fitter, Electrical Fitter, Mechanical System Fitter, Structures Fitter, Propulsion Fitter, Workshop Fitter and Weapon Fitter.
HQ Eastern Air Command, Upper Shillong, Nonglyer Post, Shillong (Meghalaya)
From November 22, 2012 To November 25, 2012
Nature of the Post:
The post will be related to technical trades.
Date of written and physical test: 22-11-2012
Interview of shortlisted candidates: 23-11-2012
Date of display of selected candidates [All India Select List (AISL)] at 11 Airmen Selection Centre, Borjhar, Guwahati (Assam): 31-01-2013
- Candidates must have passed intermediate from PCM with minimum 50% marks or he must have completed 3 years diploma course in engineering (mechanical, electrical, CS, IT, Instrumentation & Automobile) with at least 50% marks.
- Candidates should be a domicile of States of Meghalaya, Tripura, Assam or Mizoram.
- Physical measurements should be as height: 152.5 cm, chest: minimum expansion of 5 cm and weight should be proportionate to height and age.
- Candidate must of sound health and mind.
Eligible candidate should have born between 1st January, 1992 and 31st March, 1996.
Selected candidates will be offered a stipend of Rs. 8550 during training period. After successful completion of training they will be offered a pay scale of Rs. 21414 to Rs. 37788 per month inclusive of all the allowances.
There will be no fee charged for registration in recruitment of Indian Air Force.
All the candidates will be selected on the basis of their performances in written test, physical fitness test, interview, trade allocation test and medical examination.
The Recruitment Test will be conducted from 7 AM onwards. Candidates reporting after 10 AM at the Rally Venue will not be permitted to appear in the Recruitment Test.
How To Apply:
Candidates will be required to fill the application forms only at the site of recruitment rally which is at HQ Eastern Air Command, Upper Shillong, Nonglyer Post, Shillong (Meghalaya). No application form will be entertained prior to the examination.
All the aspirants will require bringing along the following on date of examination:
- Eraser, sharpener, HB pencil, gum, ball point pen (blue/black) and stapler.
- Seven passport size colour photographs that are taken on or after 21 august, 2012.
- Two self addressed 24×10 cm white envelopes.
- Three copies of educational and domicile certificates along with the original certificates.
For more assistance on job specifications, selection procedure, medical fitness standards, and tenure of training one can log on to: www.indianairforce.nic.in, the official website of Indian Air Force. Applicants are strongly suggested to check out the official advertisement here Indian Air Force (AIF) Recruitment Rally 2013 For Group X (Technical) Trades – Shillong (Meghalaya) before applying to the post.