Damodar Valley Corporation (DVC) Recruitment 2012: Damodar Valley Corporation (DVC) Invites Applications for Graduate Engineers Trainees (GET) & Management Trainees From GATE 2012 Scorers
Damodar Valley Corporation (DVC), stationed with its head quarters in Kolkata is a company whose turnovers crossed the figure of 5550 Crore in the year 2009-10. With a present capacity of 3857 MegaWatt of power generation and distribution, this company is expecting to grow up to the level of 10000 MW of power generation through Thermal and Hydel Power Stations in the coming 2-3 years.
With a consistent motive of improving the humanitarian factors, DVC invites young and result oriented candidates having a valid GATE score for recruitment of Graduate Engineer Trainees and Management Trainees (Technical) through its establishments spread across the Damodar Valley Region.
The details of the vacancies are mentioned underneath:
Website of the Corporation: www.dvc.gov.in
Mode of Application: ONLINE only
Who can apply: Any Technical Graduate Engineer having a GATE Score card
Opening Date of Application ONLINE: 07th of July 2012 (13.00 Hours)
Closing Date of Application ONLINE: 28th of July 2012 (24.00 Hours)
Hosting of Shortlisted Candidates Along with Schedule of GD, PT & PI: 17.08.2012 (Tentative)
Helpline Numbers: 033-6607-2537/ 2539/ 2526
Details of Vacancies, and Education Requirements:
For Graduate Engineer Trainees in DVC:
- Graduate Engineer Trainees (Electrical) Post No.2012/24 – Vacancies 78 posts – Full time Bachelors Degree in Electrical and Electronics with 65% (60% for SC/ ST)
- Graduate Engineer Trainees (Mechanical) Post No.2012/25 – Vacancies 116 posts – Full time Bachelors Degree in Mechanical and Power Plant Engineering with 65% (60% for SC/ ST)
- Graduate Engineer Trainees (C&I) Post No.2012/26– Vacancies 18 posts – Full time Bachelors Degree In Engineering in Instrumentation & Control/ Instrumentation/ Applied Electronics & Instrumentation/ Electronics & Instrumentation/ Electronics & Telecommunication with 65% (60% for SC/ ST)
- Graduate Engineer Trainees (IT) Post No.2012/27 – Vacancies 06 posts – Full time BE/ B.Tech/ B.Sc.(Engg.) Degree in Information Technology/ Computer Science with 65% (60% for SC/ ST)
- Graduate Engineer Trainees (Communication) Post No.2012/28 – Vacancies 01 post – Full time Bachelor Degree in Engineering in Electronics & Tele-Communication/ Tele-Communication Engineering/ Electronics & Communication Engineering with 65% (60% for SC/ ST)
For Management Trainees in JVC of DVC:
- Management Trainee (Tech.) Electrical -Post No.2012/29 – Vacancies 09 posts – Full time Bachelors Degree in Electrical and Electronics with 65% (60% for SC/ ST)
- Management Trainee (Tech.) Mechanical- Post No.2012/30 – Vacancies 20 posts – Full time Bachelors Degree in Mechanical and Power Plant Engineering with 65% (60% for SC/ ST)
- Management Trainee (Tech.) C&I- Post No.2012/31 – Vacancies 01 post – Full time Bachelors Degree In Engineering in Instrumentation & Control/ Instrumentation/ Applied Electronics & Instrumentation/ Electronics & Instrumentation/ Electronics & Telecommunication with 65% (60% for SC/ ST)
For Graduate Engineer Trainee: PB3- Rs.15600 – Rs.39100 and grade pay of Rs.5650
For management Trainee: E1 – Rs.20600 – Rs.46500 (IDA)
Age: The preferable maximum age for all the above categories are to be at 29 years as on 01st of January 2012. However, relaxation in upper age limit is applicable to SC/ST/ OBC (Non Creamy Layer) candidates as per government norms.
- The candidates are advised to apply for the corresponding posts as per their subjects in the GATE-2012. The corresponding subjects for each position can be seen at the website of DVC at //www.dvc.gov.in/GATE-1.pdf. No other subjects or streams of GATE-2012 will be acceptable for any post except pre-defined by DVC.
- QR as mentioned by DVC will remain same for departmental and general candidates.
The candidates selected for final appointment have to execute a service bond for Rs.2 lakhs as prescribed which will be valid till 2 years of service completion after one year of probation period with DVC.
The selection will be based on the short listing of candidates as per their GATE score from a metric of 100. The shortlisted candidates have to undergo a phase of Group Discussion, Psychometric Test and Personal Interview to be selected on a merit performance.
The candidates will need to verify their identity during the group Discussion and personal Interview phase. Hence they are requested to keep valid personal ID (PAN card, Driving License, Voter ID, Passport, etc.) during appearing for the same.
How to apply:
- The candidates can fill in online application forms available at the website of DVC at www.dvc.gov.in.
- All the spaces on the Online application form should be filled with factual information
- The candidate must upload a scanned photograph and his running signature on the application form at the space provided
- The candidates are requested to keep two copies of online application form in printed format after due submission along with original and photocopies of the supporting documents in support of any special claims for consideration.
- Candidates can take help of Helpline numbers to call for any clarifications or queries.