BHEL Strategies Nation Building Through Fresh Engineer Trainees From GATE-2013 Qualified Personnel
Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) is a premier energy establishment involved in the fields of designing, construction, commissioning, engineering, manufacturing and servicing of a wide range of products and services for the core sectors of the economy in India. Mostly being associated with Power, Industry, Transmission, Transportation, Renewable Energy, Oil & Natural Gas and Defence, BHEL have proven its significance in the process of nation building. BHEL has 15 manufacturing divisions, 4 regional offices, 2 repair units, 15 regional centres and 8 service centres and is currently operating at more than 150 project sites across India and abroad.
With its extensive expansion plan and on-going process of reforms BHEL announces a challenging opportunity for Bachelors’ Degree holders in Engineering, who will be qualifying in GATE-2013 in the scope of Engineer Trainee.
The details of vacancies and requisite criteria for selection are as indicated below:
Name of the Position: Engineer Trainee
Number of Vacancies: 500 (Mechanical-300, Electrical-150 and Electronics-50)
Important Eligibility Factor:
- Desiring candidates must clear GATE-2013 examination with respective branches and with requisite cut-offs as per the positions to be advertised shortly.
- Without GATE-2013 qualification, no candidates will be eligible for consideration.
- Opening date for acceptance of GATE-2013 Application – 1 September 2012 (already started)
- Closing date for acceptance of online Application – 30 September 2012
- GATE-2013 Online based Examination – 20 January 2013
- GATE-2013 Offline based Examination – 10 February 2013
For BHEL Recruitment For Engineer Trainee:
- Commencement of online submission of application by candidates with GATE-2013 Registration Number – January 2013
- Details of the BHEL recruitment through its website can be viewed on or after – 14 September 2012
Other Essential Eligibility Factors:
- Age Requirement:
- The candidate must not have attained the upper age limit of 27 years as on 1st of August 2013.
- However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit for scheduled categories as per norms.
- There will be no upper age limit for departmental candidates.
- Academic Eligibility:
- The candidate must be a Bachelors Degree holder in concerned branches of Engineering
- Candidates having Degree from AMIE and AMIETE are also eligible to apply
- The candidates must be in a position to submit their final mark sheet by 1st of August 2013
Mode of Selection:
- Eligible candidates who wish to apply for the position of Engineer Trainee will be required to first appear in GATE-2013
- Based on the GATE-2013 score, candidates will be shortlisted for Group Discussion and/or Personal Interview in the above disciplines.
- The weightage for GATE and Interview rounds will be 75% and 25% respective
- It should be noted that only GATE-2013 score is valid for this recruitment exercise.
- The selected candidates will be placed in the pay scale of Rs.20600-Rs.46500 during the training period of 1 year.
- After successful completion of training period these candidates will be absorbed as Engineers in the pay scale of Rs.24900-Rs.50500
- The CTC (Cost-to-Company) will be approximately Rs.9 Lakhs per annum for project site postings and that will be around Rs.8 Lakhs per annum for Units/ Divisions and Power Sectors
Service Agreement Bond:
- Candidates joining BHEL as Engineer Trainees will have to execute a service agreement bond of Rs.200000 (Rupees Two Lakhs only) to serve the Company (or any Government Department or Undertaking at the discretion of the Company) for a period of three years after successful completion of training.
- Candidates will also be required to furnish a Surety Bond executed by parents/ guardian/ reliable surety.
- General/ OBC candidates are required to make a payment of Rs. 100/- as application processing fee.
- Others are exempted from paying any application processing fee
How to Apply:
- Candidates will have to apply online in BHEL indicating their GATE-2013 Registration Number on the website //careers.bhel.in, which will be activated during January 2013
- A Candidate can apply for any one post/discipline only.
- After applying online, candidate is required to take a print out of the Application Form generated by the system with unique registration number, and other details.
- Candidates called for Group Discussion and/or Interview will be required to produce the same documents at the time of Group Discussion and/or Interview.
For more detail on this recruitment please refer to official advertisement from BHEL here //careers.bhel.in/et_gate2013/jsp/et_eng_index.jsp
Final Semester/Year Candidates may also apply but they must be in a position to submit their final mark sheet/ certificate by August 01, 2013
GATE-2013 marks is the only valid marks for consideration for ET 2013-14 recruitment process in BHEL.