BEL Invites Proactive Young Engineers To Join Its Core As Probationary Engineers Via GATE-2013
Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) is a Navratna PSU and is among one of the eight PSUs working under the Ministry of Defence, Government of India. This PSU is a flagship company under the state ownership and offers its electronics support to defence establishments in India.
BEL is looking for committed, passionate and vibrant young Graduate Engineers for filling up various disciplines as Probationary Engineers. The category-wise vacancies and requisite criteria for selection are as indicated below:
Name of the Position: Probationary Engineer (PE)
Job Location: Pan India
Numbers of Job Positions:
- Electronics & Communication Engineering (EC): 80 Positions
- Mechanical Engineering (ME): 25 Positions
- Computer Science & Information Technology (CS):45 Positions
Note: Reservation for SC/ST/PWD category of candidates will be made as per government directives
- Starting date of submission of Online Application: 18-Feb-2013
- Last date for submission of Online Application: 18-March-2013
- Last date for receipt of hardcopy of Online Application along with fee deposit challan: 31-March-2013
- Availability of Admit cards online: During May-June 2013
Important Eligibility Factors:
- GATE Qualification:
Interested candidates must clear GATE-2013 examination with respective branches as per the positions advertised. Without GATE-2013 qualification, no candidates will be eligible for consideration.
The candidates must clear their BTech in concerned streams in 1st Class. This norm is relaxed for SC/ST/PWD candidates, where a pass in BTech ensures eligibility.
- Age requirements:
- For Candidates of General category: Should not have crossed Max. Age of 25 years as on 01-June-2013
- For candidates of SC/ST: Maximum 5 years relaxation in upper age is acceptable
- For candidates of OBC category: Max. 3 years relaxation in upper age is allowed
Pay Scale and Remunerations:
Candidates selected against the above position, will be positioned in E-II grade, at the minimum of the pay scale of Rs.16400-Rs.40500. In addition, they will be entitled to other perquisites as admissible.
The requisite openings are for the locations of BEL offices at Bangalore (Karnataka), Chennai (Tamil Nadu), Ghaziabad (UP), Hyderabad (Andhra Pradesh), Kotdwara (Uttaranchal), Machilipatnam (Andhra Pradesh), Navi Mumbai (Maharashtra), Panchkula (Haryana), Pune (Maharashtra), and other offices of BEL.
Service Agreement Bond:
The Selected candidates will be required to undergo Orientation/ On-Job training for a period of 6 calendar months. They will be required to execute a Service Agreement to serve the company for a minimum period of 3 years after training. The amount payable for breach of Service Contract is Rs.300000 only.
- For General and OBC candidates: Rs.500
- For SC/ST/PWD candidates: Fees exempted
- The fees can be deposited through cash deposit challan as available in the website of BEL in any branch of SBI
Mode of Selection:
- Eligible candidates who wish to apply for the positions of Probationary Engineer in the above disciplines in BEL will be required to clear GATE-2013
- Based on the GATE-2013 score, candidates will be shortlisted for Group Discussion and Personal Interview in the above disciplines.
- It should be noted that only GATE-2013 score is valid for this recruitment exercise.
How to Apply: Apply Online Here
- Candidates will have to apply online in BEL indicating their GATE-2013 Registration Number on the career section of BEL website (//www.bel-india.in/recruitment ).
- A Candidate can apply for any one post/discipline only.
- After applying online, candidate is required to take a print out of the Application Form generated by the system with unique registration number, and other details.
- The hardcopy of the application along with the necessary fee deposit challan (wherever applicable) should be sent to “Post Box No.3076, Lodi Road, New Delhi-110003” through ordinary post only, so as to reach before the scheduled date (i.e. 31-March-2013)