Bhabha Atomic and Research Centre (BARC) is one of the premier organizations for atomic research and development of atomic energy for India. This premier organization is dedicatedly serving our country for atomic energy channelization for the last 60 years. The BARC is operating many research centers and development facilities across our nation and in process always remains in search for young, enthusiastic and educated individuals to join its work force in various profiles.
With its present notification, BARC has invited applications for the post of Stipendiary Trainee for the year 2013 through its notification number 01/2013(R-I). The details of the application procedure and criteria for selection is detailed as under:
Details of the Vacancy:
- Post Name: Stipendiary Trainee
- No. of Posts: 279 vacancies (SC-17, ST-33, OBC-175, UR-54)
- Starting Date of Receipt of Online Application: 17-Aug-2013
- Last date of Registration of Online Application: 10-Sept-2013
- Date of Examination: The date of the written Examination is yet to be declared.
Trade-wise Break up of vacancies:
- Plant Operator: 69 vacancies (SC-03, ST-09, OBC-42, UR-15)
- Laboratory: 41 vacancies (SC-04, ST-05, OBC-26, UR-06)
- Library Science: 04 Vacancies (ST-01, OBC-02. UR-01)
- Chemical Plant Operator: 07 vacancies (ST-01, OBC-04, UR-02)
- Fitter: 17 vacancies (SC-02, ST-01, OBC-11, UR-03)
- Mill Wright: 03 vacancies (OBC-02, UR-01)
- Machinist: 13 vacancies (SC-01, ST-02, OBC-08, UR-02)
- Welder: 09 vacancies (ST-01, OBC-06, UR-02)
- Turner: 04 vacancies (OBC-03, UR-01)
10. A/C Mechanic: 24 vacancies (SC-01, ST-03, OBC-15, UR-05)
11. Instrumentation: 07 vacancies (ST-01, OBC-05, UR-01)
12. Electrical: 61 vacancies (SC-04, ST-07, OBC-38, UR-12)
13. Electronics: 09 vacancies (SC-02, ST-01, OBC-05, UR-01)
14. Draughtsman (Mechanical): 10 vacancies (ST-01, OBC-07, UR-02)
15. Lathe CNC Operator: 01 vacancy (OBC)
Note: Post No. 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11,12,13 and 15 are NOT identified suitable for persons with disability (PWD).
Duration of Training:
- The candidates will under go training for a period of 2 years from the date of joining.
Stipend During Training:
- The candidates selected as Stipendiary Trainee will receive a monthly stipend of Rs.6200 per month for the 1st year of Training and Rs.7200 for the 2nd year of training.
Upon successful completion of training, trainees will be considered for absorption in the Technician ‘B’ and Technician ‘C’ category depending on their performance during the period of training and interview to be held at the end of the training in the following grade of pay.
- Technician “B”: Rs.5200- Rs.20200 with a Grade Pay of Rs.2400
- Technician “C”: Rs.5200- Rs.20200 with a Grade Pay of Rs.2000
- Selected candidates will have to execute a bond to complete the training and serve BARC or any of the constituent Units of DAE, if offered appointment after the training, for a period of 3 years after absorption or a fixed lumpsum amount with that effect (if the minimum period of service is not met)
Details of Eligibility:
- Age: As on 10-Sept-2013 the age of the candidate must be between 18 to 22 years. However, relaxation will be applicable in upper age limit for candidates belonging to SC, ST, OBC and PWD categories
- Educational Qualification:
- Plant Operator: All of the candidates should have HSC (10+2) in Science stream with a minimum 60% marks in aggregate and should have Physics, Chemistry and Maths subjects.
- Laboratory: All of the candidates should have HSC (10+2) in Science stream with a minimum 60% marks in aggregate and should have Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Maths as subjects. Or should have passed HSC (10+2) with 60% and with a recognized ITI qualification.
- Library Science: All of the candidates should have HSC in Science stream with a minimum 60% marks in aggregate and should have Physics, Chemistry & Maths subjects (Certificate course in Library Science and experience in Library will be preferred at the discretion of this Research Centre).
- For all other posts: All of the candidates should have passed HSC (10+2 with Physics, Chemistry & Maths subjects)/ SSC with a minimum 60% marks in aggregate along with a trade certificate (ITI) as recognized by NCVT in concerned trades.
- A written examination will be performed on national basis. Candidates successful in the written examination will be called for a personal interview. Finally selected candidates will receive their appointment letters, which can downloaded from www.barcrecruit.gov.in in due course.
How to Apply:
- Interested and eligible candidates are required to submit Online Application through the website of BARC at www.barcrecruit.gov.in
- The candidates are advised to read through the instructions thoroughly before applying Online.
- The candidates need to upload their scanned photograph and signature at appropriate spaces on the Online Application Form at the spaces provided
- After completion of Online Application Procedure the candidates should take print out of the Online Application and save that for future reference
- Any imperfection in the application form may lead to the rejection of candidature.