Assam PSC Recruitment 2013 for 450 Medical and Health Officer and 60 Assistant Professor Vacancies in the State Government, Reference to Advertisement Number 08/2013
Assam Public Service Commission (APSC) is the state level nodal agency formed in line with the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for recruitment of competent positions through various government and subordinate departments.
With an intention to fill up various vacancies under the state government for the year 2013, the Assam Public Service Commission will hold the Competitive Selection Examination for the under-mentioned services/ posts in accordance with the Government of Assam regulations.
The details of the application and the procedure for submission of application are detailed as under.
Most Important Dates:
- Date of publication of the Advertisement: 06-Sept-2013
- Last date for Receipt of Completed Application Form at APSC: 10-Oct-2013
- Date for determining Age: 01-Jan-2013
Details of the Vacancies:
- Medical and Health Officer-1 (M&HO-1): 450 posts (out of which 135 Posts are reserved for RFW and 3% for PWD candidates along with reservation for SC, ST-O, ST-H and OBC/MOBC candidates)
- Assistant Professors in Cotton College, Guwahati: 33 posts (out of which 10 Posts are reserved for RFW and 3% for PWD candidates along with reservation for SC, ST-O, ST-H and OBC/MOBC candidates)
- Assistant Professors in Haflong Govt. College, Haflong: 27 Posts (out of which 08 Posts are reserved for RFW and 3% for PWD candidates along with reservation for SC, ST-O, ST-H and OBC/MOBC candidates)
NOTE: Reservation for SC, ST, OBC, MOBC and others are applicable as per the state government rules of Assam.
Pay Scale Provisions:
- M&HO-1: Rs.12000 – Rs.40000 and Grade Pay Rs.5400 along with other incentives, perks and allowances. The candidates having extra qualification (such as Post-Graduate Diploma, etc. will be eligible for advanced increments.
- Assistant Professors: Rs.15600 – Rs.39100 and Grade Pay 6600 along with other incentives, perks and allowances.
- Other allowances and perks will be applicable as per rules
- The applicants must be in the age group of 21 – 38 years as on 01-Jan-2013. However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit for SC/ST and other privileged candidates.
- M&HO-1: The candidates interested for these posts should have completed minimum MBBS qualification and should have registered under Assam Medical Council
- Assistant Professors: The candidates interested for these posts should have good academic record with at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ ST/ PWD and PhD Degree holders) or an equivalent grade at the Master’s Degree level in relevant subjects from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign University. The candidates should have cleared NET conducted by UGC/CSIR. Candidates having PhD qualification can also apply for these posts and for them NET is not an essential criterion.
- For SC/ ST category: Rs.2.50
- For all others: Rs.5.00
- The application fee can only be paid in form of Government Treasury Challan in Head of Account “NON TAX REVENUE-OTHER NON TAX REVENUE-0051-PSC, 102-STATE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION APPLICATION/ EXAMINATION FEE RECEIPT OF APSC”
- No other forms of payment will be accepted
Mode of Selection:
- Depending upon the availability of candidature the Commission may conduct a Written Examination and followed by Interview or may short-list candidates depending upon their academic marks and call them for an Interview for selection of candidates for these posts.
- The due course of selection will be intimated by the APSC and is made available on the website of APSC at www.apsc.nic.in
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates fulfilling all eligibility conditions may apply through the prescribed format of application as available at the website of the APSC at www.apsc.nic.in
- The candidates are advised to go through the information bulletin before applying for these posts
- The form should be filled with facts and authentic information
- The applicants must remit their fees and attach the challan with the application form
- The application completed in all respect and attached with necessary certificates, fee payment Treasury Challan should be signed and attached with recent passport size photograph and should be submitted to the APSC at the address mentioned below so as to reach by the last date specified (i.e. 10-Oct-2013)
- Address to send the completed application:
Assam Public Service Commission
Jawahar Nagar, Khanapara, Guwahati – 781022
Tel: +91-361-2365426, Fax: +91-361-2368207
One must refer to official advertisement here www.apsc.nic.in/Advertisement%2008_6th%20SEPT13..pdf