AP PSC invites applications for the posts of Assistant Engineers and Municipal Assistant Engineers
Positions Advertised for and Number of Vacancies:
- Assistant Engineers in A.P. Public Health & Municipal Engineering Sub-Service: 59 posts
- Municipal Assistant Engineers (Electrical) in A.P. Municipal Engineering Sub-Service: 35 posts
- Municipal Assistant Engineers (Civil) in A.P. Municipal Engineering Subordinate Service: 151 posts
Scale of Pay:
Rs. 15,280- 40,510/-
Mode of Application:
Candidates can apply online only through the website of Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission at www.apspsc.gov.in. No other forms of application in hand-written or in any other form will not be considered for subsequent considerations.
- Date of starting of receipt of Online Application: 23–Jul-2012
- Date of closing of receipt of Online Application: 23-Aug-2012
- Last date of payment of Application fees: 21-August-2012
(a) Every applicant must pay a sum of Rs. 100/- (Rupees One Hundred Only) towards Application Processing Fee and Rs.80/- (Rupees Eighty Only) as Examination Fee
(b) It is mandatory for all the applicants to pay a sum of Rs.80/- (Rupees Eighty Only) towards Application processing fee irrespective of his claim for any special exemption of fees
(c) Mode of Payment of Fee:
Step I: The Candidate has to logon to the website (www.apspsc.gov.in) and enter his/her Basic Personal Details like Name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth, and Community.
Step II: Immediately on entering the above details the Applicant will get (downloadable)- Challan Form to pay the Fee at AP Online centers /State Bank of India.
Step III: The Applicant should pay the prescribed Fee in any one of the A.P. Online centers/ State Bank of India and obtain Fee paid challan with Journal Number in the first instance.
Step IV: On the next working day after payment of Fee the Applicant should again visit website and enter the Journal Number to get the format of Application. The applicant has to fill all the columns in the Application and should submit online invariably. Even after making payment of fee, candidate fails to submit the bio-data particulars, such applications shall be rejected without giving any notice.
Step V: If any candidate fails to enter “Community” for any reason, they will be treated as an OC (Other Community/ General) without giving any notice.
Exemption of Application Fees:
The following categories of candidates are exempted from payment of fee:
a) SC, ST, Backward Class & Ex-Service Men.
b) Families having Household Supply White Card issued by Civil Supplies Department, A.P. Government. (Residents of Andhra Pradesh)
c) Un employed youth in the age group of 18 to 36* years as per G.O.Ms.No. 439, G.A.(Ser.A) Dept., dated: 18/10/1996 should submit declaration at an appropriate time to the Commission.
d) Every other applicant and even SC/ ST/ BC hailing from other states outside Andhra Pradesh are treated as general category and no fees exemption will be offered to them
Basic Criteria for Online Application:
A) Age: The applicant should have attained the minimum age of 18 and should not be over 36 years of age as on 01-Jul-2011.
Relaxation in the Upper age limit is permissible as per the criteria cited by the Central Government
B) Educational Qualification:
i) Assistant Engineers in A.P. Public Health & Municipal Engineering Sub-Service:
- A Degree in B.E. Civil or Mechanical from a University established or incorporated by or under a Central Act or a Provincial Act or Institution recognized by the UGC
- B.Sc. (Engineering) Degree from the Benaras Hindu University
- A pass in section ‘A’ and ‘B’ of the AMIE (India) Civil Examination
- LCE Diploma or any other equivalent Diploma of any recognized Institute
- LME Diploma of any recognized Institute
- LSE Diploma awarded by the State Board of Technical Education and Training.
Provided that the recruitment of persons with LME Diploma of any Institution recognized by the Government in any year shall not exceed 10% of the total number estimated vacancies in that year
Provided further that the candidates possessing the qualifications in items (4) to (6) above will be recruited only if candidates possessing the qualifications in items (1) to (3) are not available
ii) Municipal Assistant Engineers (Electrical) in A.P. Municipal Engineering Sub-Service:
A Degree in B.E., (Electrical) or equivalent qualification recognized by Central University Grants Commission or LEE or its equivalent qualifications
Provided that preference in recruitment shall be given to the persons possessing Degree in Engineering of the respectively disciplines or its equivalent qualification
iii) Municipal Assistant Engineers (Civil) in A.P. Municipal Engineering Subordinate Service:
A Degree in B.E., (Civil) or equivalent qualification recognized by Central University Grants Commission or LSE or LCE or its equivalent qualification
Provided also that in any year of Recruitment 10% of the vacancies in the posts of Municipal Assistant Engineers (Civil) shall be filled in by the persons possessing LME qualifications
How To Apply:
- The applicants are requested to read the User Guide for Online Submission of Applications and then proceed for applying online.
- The Candidate has to logon to the website at www.apspsc.gov.in and enter his/her basic personal details like Name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth, and Community.
- Immediately on entering the above details the Applicant will get the downloadable Challan Form to pay the Fee at AP Online centers /State Bank of India.
- The Applicant should pay the prescribed Fee in any one of the A.P. Online centers/ State Bank of India and obtain Fee paid challan with Journal Number in the first instance
- On the next working day after payment of Fee the Applicant should again visit website and enter the Journal Number to get and fill the format of Application and should submit the application Through Online Mode Only.
- Affix your recent Color Passport Size Photograph on a White Paper and then sign below the photograph with Black Pen. Scan the above Photo and Signature and Upload in the appropriate space provided (in JPG Format) in Application Form.
- The applicants have to fill all the relevant columns invariably in the Application form online and should submit that Online
- Hand written/ Typed/ Photostat copies/ outside printed Application Form will not be accepted and liable for rejection of candidature
- Only applicants willing to serve anywhere in the Andhra Pradesh should apply
- For any problems related to Online submission and downloading of Hall-Tickets please contact 040-23557455 (Call Time: 9.30 A.M to 1.00 P.M & 1.30 P.M to 5.30 P.M) or mail to [email protected]
Mode of selection:
The selection of the candidates for the above mentioned posts will be done on purely merit basis and their merit will be judged by a Written Examination.
The minimum qualifying marks for selection are Other Casts 40%, BCs 35% SCs, and STs 30% or as per rules. The minimum qualifying marks are flexible in the case of SC/ST/BC on the discretion of the Commission.
Candidates should make sure of their eligibility to the post applied for and that the declaration made by them in the format of application regarding their eligibility is correct in all respects. Any candidate furnishing in-correct information or making false declaration regarding his/her eligibility at any stage or found suppressing any information is liable to be debarred for five years from appearing for any of the examinations conducted by the Commission, and summarily rejection of their candidature for this recruitment, as well.
The decision of the Commission will be final and binding on the candidates/ applicants
For more information and detailed mode of selection, log on to AP Public Service Commission at their website at www.apspsc.gov.in.