West Bengal Public Service Commission Recruitment 2014 Notification For W.B.C.S. (Executive) etc. Examination
The West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC) is the state level nodal agency, which has been entrusted with the responsibility of competent selection of personnel from various categories of candidates to join the state level services as required by various departments of the state government. As one of the most respectable state agency in the state of West Bengal, the Public Service Commission is operating in line with the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) at the central level. The WBPSC plays a vital role in supporting the Government of West Bengal in terms of Human Resource acquisition, training and recruitment.
In accordance with the State Services Recruitment Rules, the Public Service Commission, West Bengal will hold the West Bengal Civil Service (Exe) etc. Examination, 2014 on the results of which recruitment to the West Bengal Civil Service (Exe.) and certain other services and posts will be made. The WBCS (Executive) etc. Examination is to be treated as a combined Competitive Examination comprising four separate and distinct examinations for four groups of services and posts as detailed below.
The details of the vacancies and the recruitment profiles are mentioned as under:
- Date of publication of this notification and starting date for registration of application: 08-Apr-2014 from 11:30 AM
- Last date for remittance of fees: 28-Apr-2014
- Last date for registration/ online submission of application: 30-Apr-2014
Details of posts:
- West Bengal Civil Service (Executive)
- West Bengal Commercial Tax Service
- West Bengal Agricultural Income tax Service
- West Bengal Excise Service
- West Bengal Co-operative Service
- West Bengal Labour Service
- West Bengal Food and Supplies Service
- West Bengal Employment Service [Except the post of Employment Officer (Technical)]
- West Bengal Registration and Stamp Revenue Service
- West Bengal Police Service
- Joint Block Development Officer
- Deputy Assistant Director of Consumer Affairs and Fair Business Practices
- West Bengal Junior Social Welfare Service
- West Bengal Subordinate Land Revenue Service, Grade-I
- Assistant Commercial Tax Officer
- Assistant Canal Revenue Officer (Irrigation)
- Chief Controller of Correctional Services
- Inspector of Co-operative Societies
- Panchayat Development Officer under the Panchayat and Rural Development Department
- Rehabilitation Officer under the Refugee Relief and Rehabilitation Department
NOTE: The exact number of vacancies will be announced in due time of recruitment. Reservation for appropriate categories will be applicable to the available posts.
- Group A: Rs.15600 – Rs.42000 in PB-4A with Grade pay of Rs.5400 (Other allowances as applicable). Gross Emoluments at entry level will be around Rs.21000 per month as per rules.
- Group B: Rs.15600 – Rs.42000 in PB-4A with Grade pay of Rs.5400 (Other allowances as applicable). Gross Emoluments at entry level will be around Rs.21000 per month as per rules.
- Group C: Rs.9000 – Rs.40500 in PB-4 with Grade pay of Rs.4400 (Other allowances as applicable). Gross Emoluments at entry level will be around Rs.13400 per month as per rules.
- Group D: Rs.7100 – Rs.37600 in PB-3 with Grade pay of Rs.3900 (Other allowances as applicable). Gross Emoluments at entry level will be around Rs.12270 per month as per rules.
- The applicants must have completed Graduation Degree in any discipline in order to become eligible.
- The applicants must be able to read, write and speak Bengali. (not required for recruitment in the case of candidates from hill areas of the district of Darjeeling, i.e. for Nepali speaking candidates)
- The applicants should have acquired 21 years of age and should not be more than 32 years as on 01-Jan of the year of examination.
- Those applicants, who age in between 20 – 21 years may apply for Group-B posts only.
- Appropriate relaxation in upper age limit will be applicable as per norms.
Choice of Service:
- A candidate may apply for one or more of the four groups of services, viz., A, B, C, and D.
- The candidate is required to state clearly in the appropriate column of the application the particular Group or Groups for which he/she intends to compete.
- No further application for change of group(s) will be entertained.
- For Unreserved & OBC-A/ OBC-B category: Rs. 210
- For SC, ST from West Bengal & PWD: NIL
- The application fee can be remitted either by Net Banking or Offline through Bank Counter in any branch of Banks participating in the GRIPS (Govt. Receipt Portal System), Govt. of West Bengal through duplicate challan, as generated after filling up the online Application Form. Govt.
- Receipt Head of Account is “0051-00-105-001-16”
- No fee in shape of cash, DD or Cheque will be accepted
Mode of Selection:
- The commission will hold a Preliminary Screening Examination (Written Test) for short-listing the candidates for interview.
- The shortlisted candidates will have to appear the Main Examination and Personal Interview before final selection.
- Candidates who will be selected for appointment will be required to appear before a Medical Board for certificates of their fitness for Government service in the form prescribed for the purpose.
- The selection will be done strictly on a merit ranking order.
How to Apply:
- The candidates must apply through Online Mode only which can be done at the website of WB PSC at www.pscwbonline.gov.in
- Prior to submission of application, the candidates need to read through the detailed advertisement as available at the Commission’s Website.
- The candidates need to go for “ONE TIME REGISTRATION” before applying for these posts.
- Candidates if interested can apply for multiple posts with separate application forms.
- Wrong or misleading information may subject to cancellation of application
- Application form must be complete in all respect
- Candidates must have a valid Mobile Number (e-mail ID is optional). The Commission may send information for downloading Admit Card for Written Test/Interview through the registered E-mail ID/Mobile Number.
- Canvassing in any form will result in disqualification
- The candidates are advised to keep a copy of their Online Application and Fee Payment receipt along with their Registration Number and Password for future reference.