The West Bengal Power Development Corporation Limited (WBPDCL) invites applications from eligible candidates for recruitment of Trainee – Operator / Technician, Office Executive, Staff Nurse, Assistant Teacher, Stenographer, Security Officer, Assistant Sub Inspector, and Assistant Manager (PS/ Legal), for its Corporate Office and Power Stations/ Projects located at different places across West Bengal.
- Starting Date to Apply Online: 25-December-2015
- Last Date to apply Online: 17-January-2015
- Last Date for making Payment/ Deposit of Application Fees: 17-January-2015
Name of the Posts along with Vacancies:
1-Trainee – Operator / Technician:
- Fitter: 125 Posts
- Electrician: 135 Posts
2-Assistant Sub Inspector (Security): 20 Posts
3-Staff Nurse: 10 Posts
4-Security Officer: 04 Posts
5-Stenographer: 20 Posts
6-Office Executive: 25 Posts
7-Assistant Teacher: 12 Posts
- Biology: 01 Post
- Physics: 02 Posts
- Education: 01 Post
- Geography: 02 Posts
- Sanskrit: 01 Post
- Bengali: 02 Posts
- History: 1 Post
- English: 1 Post
- Work Education: 01 Post
8-Assistant Manager (PS) – Probationer: 20 Posts
- Mechanical: 08 Posts
- Electrical: 06 Posts
- Instrumentation: 06 Posts
9-Assistant Manager (Legal) – Probationer: 02 Posts
Upper Age Limit as on 01-December-2014:
- 35 years for Assistant Sub Inspector (Security), and Security Officer
- 30 years for all other Posts.
- Relaxation in upper age limit as per rules
Stipend for Trainee Positions:
Selected candidates will be eligible to get Stipend of Rs. 7500/- per month during One year traineeship.
- Trainee – Operator / Technician, Assistant Sub Inspector (Security): Rs. 6300 – Rs. 20200 + Grade Pay Rs.2600/-
- Staff Nurse: Rs. 6300 – Rs.20200 + Grade Pay Rs.3600/-
- Security Officer, Stenographer, Office Executive: Rs. 15600 – Rs.39100 + Grade Pay of Rs.5400./-
- Assistant Teacher: Rs. 9000 – Rs. 40500 + Grade Pay Rs.4700 (for Honours Graduate candidates)/ Rs.4800 (for Post Graduate candidates)
- Assistant Manager (PS), Assistant Manager (Legal) – Probationer: Rs 15600 – Rs.39100 + Grade Pay of Rs.5400/-
- General and OBC category candidates: Rs. 300/-
- SC/ ST/ EC/ eligible WBPDCL Contractors’ workers, and WBPDCL Departmental candidates are exempted from payment of application fee.
- Candidates can make the payment fees through Debit Card(s) online or in cash; using the SBI Collect system generated pay-in slip only, upon clicking ‘SBI Branch’ option under Other Payment mode. The system generated pay-in-slip is to be used for depositing money in cash at any SBI branch within banking hours.
On successful submission of application fee using Debit Card or through cash deposition at any SBI branch a unique Reference no. shall be generated which is to be recorded by the candidate for future reference.
After making payment of application fee as indicated above, candidates must further re-login at the recruitment portal with their respective payment Reference No. within 72 hrs of deposition of application fee (i.e., upon updation of payment records on WBPDCL server from SBI within maximum time of 72 hrs) to download their system generated Application Slip. Candidates are suggested to take a printout of the system generated Application Slip and retain such for future reference, as acknowledgement of application submitted.
Mode of Selection:
- Trainee – Operator / Technician, Assistant Sub Inspector (Security), Nurse cum Midwife, and Security Officer; will be selected on the basis of written test and personal interview.
- Assistant Manager (PS) – Probationer, and Assistant Manager (Legal) – Probationer; will be selected on the basis of written test, group discussion, and personal Interview.
- Assistant Teacher will be selected on the basis of written test, class demo, and personal interview.
- Stenographer will be selected on the basis of written test, trade test (short hand & computer proficiency), and personal interview.
- Office Executive will be selected on the basis of written test, computer proficiency test, and personal interview.
How to Apply: Apply Online Here
Eligible candidates may apply online only through the WBPDCL recruitment portal. Candidates sponsored by Employment Exchange will have to APPLY ONLINE only, failing which their candidature shall not be considered.
Before applying the candidate should ensure that he/she fulfills the eligibility criteria and other norms mentioned in the official advertisement.
For more detail on this recruitment as relaxation in age limit, reservations, required minimum educational qualification and experiences, detail selection process, and other important guidelines please refer to official recruitment advertisement from West Bengal Power Development Corporation Limited, here http://wbpdcl.eadmissions.net/Images/WBPDCL_INDIA_2014/WBPDCL_INDIA_2014_Advertisement.pdf