Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC) is one of the distinct division of the ISRO dedicated towards the Space Research along with development of Rocket Propulsion Technology and Space Vehicles. The VSSC is headquartered at Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. This is one of the premier indigenous establishments of Rocket Science in India, which has retained its glorious credit for many successful space launches.
With the recent announcement, the VSSC has announced a notification to fill up various vacancies of Technicians from multiple disciplines in Grade-B with its advertisement No. 285 on 11-Aug-2014.
The essential criteria for eligibility cited for the vacant positions of JRF are as follows:
- Date for starting of Online Registration of Application: 11-Aug-2014 from 1000 Hours
- Date of closing of Online Registration of Application: 05-Sep-2014 till 1700 Hours
- Last date of receipt of confirmatory copy/hardcopy of Online Application by VSSC: 12-Sep-2014 till 1700 Hours
Details of Vacancy Profile:
- Post No.1251 – Fitter: 16 Posts [UR-09, OBC-06, SC-01]
- Post No.1252 – Electronic Mechanic: 12 Posts [UR-07, OBC-04, SC-01]
- Post No.1253 – Chemical Operator (Maintenance Mechanic): 04 Posts [UR]
- Post No.1254 – Chemical Operator (Instrument Mechanic): 01 Post [OBC]
- Post No.1255 – Chemical Operator (Laboratory Assistant): 01 Post [SC]
- Post No.1256 – Electrician: 04 Posts [UR-02, OBC-01, SC-01]
- Post No.1257 – Machinist: 02 Posts [OBC]
- Post No.1258 – Electroplater: 01 Post [UR]
- Post No.1259 – Fiber Reinforced Plastics (FRP): 01 Post [UR]
- Post No.1260 – Forger & Heat Treater: 01 Post [UR]
- Post No.1261 – Photography: 01 Post [UR]
- Post No.1262 – Turner: 01 Post [UR]
- Post No.1263 – Instrument Mechanic: 01 Post [OBC]
- Post No.1264 – Mechanical: 02 Posts [UR-01, OBC-01]
- Post No.1265 – Fireman: 02 Posts [UR-01, OBC-01]
NOTE: Apart from these there will be 06 Posts reserved for Ex-SM and 05 Posts for PWD candidates (for detailed please refer the detailed advertisement)
Pay Scale and Allowances:
- For Technician-B/ Draughtsman-B: The candidates selected for these posts will receive a monthly remuneration in the scale of Rs.5200 – Rs.20200 and a Grade pay of Rs.2000 per month in PB-I. The approximate monthly remuneration with all admissible perks and allowances will be around Rs.16900 at present.
- For Fireman-A: The candidates selected for these posts will receive a monthly remuneration in the scale of Rs.5200 – Rs.20200 and a Grade pay of Rs.1900 per month in PB-I. The approximate monthly remuneration with all admissible perks and allowances will be around Rs.15400 at present.
- These candidates will also be eligible for other allowances as admissible to regular employees of VSSC.
Basic Academic Eligibility Conditions:
- The candidates should have passed Matriculation/ SSC/ SSLC with a Technical Certification course of ITI/ NAC/ ITC in concerned trades.
- For certain posts like Fireman, the candidates need to have proper physical fitness in order to become eligible for those posts.
- For posts such as FRP, the candidates need to pass Certificate Course in FRP of one year duration and similar certificates thereof to become eligible for consideration.
- Aspiring candidates should not attain a maximum age of 35 years as on 05-Sep-2014 (for General candidates).
- The upper age relaxation for OBC, SC/ST and PWD/ Ex-SM candidates will be entitled to respective candidates as per the regulations of the Government of India.
Mode of Selection:
- Based on the online application, initial screening will be conducted to short-list the candidates for Written Test/ Interview.
- The result of the test will be announced on the VSSC website.
- At present the place of posting is VSSC, Thiruvananthapuram, but the selected candidates are liable to be posted in any of the Units of the Indian Space Research Organization/ Department of Space situated anywhere in India as and when required.
- All these posts are temporary in nature but are likely to continue.
How to Apply:
- The applications for the above positions will be received by the VSSC through Online mode only.
- The format of Online Application can be reviewed on the website of the VSSC at www.vssc.gov.in and can be filled up online through detailed information and guidelines as available on the website.
- The candidates are advised to go through the detailed advertisement as available at http://www.vssc.gov.in:8080/RMT285/advtno_285.html , before filling-up of Online Application.
- The candidates are requested to submit One Confirmation Copy of the Online Application to the following address duly affixed with a recent color Passport size photograph along with the NOC (No Objection Certificate) as and where applicable.
- The applicant should not send any other documents such as copies of certificates/ mark-lists in proof of educational qualification, work experience, age etc.
- The applicants will be provided with an Online Registration Number, which should be carefully preserved for future reference.
- The Confirmation Copy may be sent to:
The Senior Administrative Officer
Recruitment And Review Section
Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre
ATF Area, Indian Space Research Organization Post Office
Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India
PIN: 695 022
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>