Union Public Service Commission is presently in the process of selection of candidates for the positions of Assistant Commandants in Central Armed Police Force (CAPF). Through UPSC Examination Notification Number 08/2014-CPF, UPSC is inviting Online Recruitment Applications (ORA) from eligible candidates to join in the Central Government under various divisions of CAPF such as BSF, CRPF, and CISF.
The details of the vacancies and criteria for eligibility are as under:
Important dates to reckon for:
- Date of Notification of Advertisement: April 12, 2014
- Last Date of Submission of Online Application: May 12, 2014 till 23:59 Hours
- Date of Written Examination: July 13, 2014
Details of List of Services:
- Name of the Posts: Assistant Commandants (Group A- Gazetted)
- Number of Vacancies: Total 136 Positions
- Breakup of vacancies:
- BSF: 68 Posts (Both male and female)
- CRPF: 28 Posts (Both male and female)
- CISF: 40 Posts (Both male and female)
Nationality: Must be a citizen of India or a citizen approved as per central government norms
Education: The applicant must have completed his/ her Graduation (Bachelors Degree) in any discipline to be eligible to apply. Candidates applying for the final year of examination are also eligible to apply only if they are able to submit the completion certificate by the date of submission of DAF (Detailed Application Form) after qualifying the preliminary examination.
Age: The applicant must have attained a minimum age of 20 years and should not have exceeded the age of 25 years as on August 01, 2014. However the upper age limit is relaxable as per norms
Physical Standard: The applicants must have minimum prescribed physical standard to qualify for application. Without complying to minimum physical standards, the applications will not be entertained.
- All applicants (except Female/ SC/ ST Candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred only) either by remitting the money in any Branch of SBI by Cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or any of its associate banks by using Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit Card.
- For SC, ST, Women candidates: fees exempted
- For OBC Male candidates the fees will be full and there is no relaxation in fees for OBC male candidates
Plan of Examination:
The Selection Examination will consist of a Written Test and followed by a round of Physical Standard Test and Physical Efficiency Test and a personal Interview. The final selection will be based on the performance in these examinations.
How to Apply:
- Candidates must apply online through the ORA only available at the website – http://www.upsc.gov.in. Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected
- The applicants are advised to submit a single application only
- After submitting the Online Recruitment Application, the candidates are required to take out a print out of the finally submitted Online Recruitment Application and keep that with them for future reference
- Candidates should also note down their RID number for future reference.
- The details about this advertisement can also be obtained from the website of UPSC at www.upsc.gov.in/exams/notifications/2014/capf/CAPF-2014%20(1).pdf
- In case of any guidance/information/clarification regarding their applications, candidature etc. candidates can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near gate ‘C’ of its campus in person or over Telephone No. 011-23385271/011-23381125/011-23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs and 17.00 hrs.