Rising from the inception since the British ruling, Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is an autonomous entity formed on 26th of January 1950 as a reformation of Federal Public Service Commission. In order to offer an unbiased recruitment for Civil Service protecting the service interests the UPSC is working with its sole discretionary powers to fill up various competitive positions under the Republic of India.
Union Public Service Commission is the premier authority for competent selection of higher cadre (Group A & B) posts in the Central and State Government. As per the mandate of Government of India, the UPSC has been entrusted with the responsibility of selection of adequately qualified and apt professionals for the apex cadre posts in the premier institutions of the country.
With its present press announcement, the UPSC is in the process of selection of candidates through Civil Service Examination – 2014. This is one of the premier level examinations that is designed to select candidates for the Top-Brass of Indian Administration. A detailed notification is scheduled to be published in the Employment News in its 31st May 2014 edition.
- Candidates should note that the Government of India has decided to allow two (2) additional attempts with consequential age relaxations to all categories of candidates w.e.f Civil Services Examination, 2014.
- There are no other changes in the format and syllabi of papers contained in the Civil Services Examination.
Details of List of Services to which the candidates will be subjected:
- Indian Administrative Service
- Indian Foreign Service
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs & Central Excise, Gr.-A)
- Indian P&T Accounts & Finance Service, Gr.-A
- Indian Audit & Accounts Service Gr.-A
- Indian Defence Accounts Service, Gr.-A
- Indian Revenue Service (IT) Gr.-A
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Gr.-A
- Indian Postal Service, Gr.-A
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Gr.-A
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Gr.-A
- Indian Railway Personnel Service Gr.-A
- Indian Railway Traffic Service Gr.-A
- Indian Defence Estates Service Gr.-A
- Indian Information Service, Gr.-A
- Indian Trade Service, Gr.-A (Gr.III)
- Indian Corporate Law Service
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Gr. ‘B’ (Section Officers Grade0)
- Delhi Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshwadeep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service Gr.-B
- Delhi Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshwadeep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service Gr.-B
- Pondicherry Civil Service, (Group B)
Plan of Examination:
The Civil Services Examination will consist of two successive stages:
(i) Civil Services Preliminary Examination (Objective type) for the selection of candidates for the Main Examination
(ii) Civil Services Main Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates for the various Services and posts noted above.
- Applications are now invited for the Preliminary Examination only.
- Candidates who are declared by the Commission to have qualified for admission to the Main Examination will have to apply online again, in the Detailed Application Form (DAF) which would be made available them.
- The Main Examination is likely to be held in November/ December, 2014.
- The applicants must be of at least 21 years and should not have crossed the max age of 30 years as on 1-Jul-2014 to be eligible to apply.
- However, there will be relaxation for Scheduled and other privileged category of candidates as per the rules of the government
Minimum Educational Qualifications:
- The candidate must hold a Bachelors Degree of any of Universities of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under or possess an equivalent qualification.
- The candidates who are awaiting their final results can also apply for the examination provided they can submit the proof of passing the final examination while applying separately in the Main Examination once selected from the Preliminary Examination.
Number of Attempts to Appear in the Examination:
- For General Category of candidates: 4 (four) Attempts + Additional 2 Attempts
- For OBC: 7 (seven) attempts + Additional 2 Attempts
- For SC/ ST: No restriction in number of attempts
- Physically handicapped in General Category: 7 (seven) attempts+ Additional 2 Attempts
- Physically handicapped in OBC categories: 7 (seven) attempts+ Additional 2 Attempts
- Physically handicapped in SC/ST category: No restriction in number of attempts
- The candidates are advised to refer to the detailed Notification to be published during 31-May edition of Employment News for exact amount of Application Fee and remittance rules.
How to Apply:
- Candidates must apply online through the website of UPSE either at www.upsc.gov.in or at www.upsconline.nic.in .
- Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected
- The applicants are advised to submit only single application
- After submitting the Online Application, the candidates are required to take out a print out of the finally submitted Online Recruitment Application
- For any clarifications, one can log into the website of UPSE or refer to the Advertisement in Employment News or Rojgar Samachar on or after 31-May-2014
- The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate three weeks before the commencement of the examination. No e-Admission Certificate will be sent by Post.
- Candidates should also note down their RID number for future reference.
- Any form of wrong or misleading information may result in disqualification of candidature.
- The details of the Press Notification can be referred at http://www.upsc.gov.in/exams/notifications/2014/csp/press%20note.pdf
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>