Download Admit Card NOW: The Union Public Service Commission will be conducting the Combined Defence Services Examination (I), 2017 at different venues located at 41 Centres throughout the country on 05-February-2017 (Sunday). The e-Admit Cards for the candidates have been uploaded on the Commission’s Web-site which may be downloaded.
UPSC Invites Applications For Combined Defense Service Examination (I) – 2017
(Including Short Service Commission (Non-Technical Services) For Women)
EXAMINATION NOTICE NUMBER: 2/2017-CDS–I
Application for the first batch of CDS examination for the year 2016 has been invited with the employment notification number Number 2/2017-CDS-I, for admission to below mentioned courses;
- Indian Military Academy, Dehradun- 144th (DE) Course commencing in January, 2018: 150 Posts
- Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala- Course commencing in January, 2018 Executive (General Service): 45 Posts
- Air Force Academy, Hyderabad- (Pre-Flying) Training Course commencing in February, 2018: 32 Posts
- Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai- 107th SSC(Men)(NT) Course commencing in April, 2018: 225 Posts (including 50 vacancies for NCC ‘C’ certificate holders to NCC Special Entry)
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai- 21st SSC Women (Non-Technical) Course commencing in April, 2018: 11 Posts
The Online Applications (Part I and II) can be filled from 09th November, 2016 to 02nd December, 2016 till 6:00 PM. Combined Defense Service (CDS) is one of the major defense service entrance examinations to various Service Wings. This examination is held twice in a year for absorption into Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers Training Academy (OTA). Only unmarried graduates are eligible to appear this examination and the selected candidates are subjected to an interview conducted by Service Selection Board (SSB). Married persons can only join Short Service Commission at OTA.
Most Important Dates: CDS-I-2017
Starting Date for Submission of Online Application: November 09, 2016
Last Date for Submission of Online Application: December 02, 2016
Mode of Application: Candidates are required to apply through online application only.
The candidate applying for the CDS examination-I, should ideally be a) A citizen of India, b) a subject of Nepal or a subject of Bhutan, c) a Tibetan refugee migrated to India with an intention of permanent settlement prior to 1st Jan 1962, d) a person from Indian origin migrated from Pakistan, Myanmar, Bangladesh, and east-African countries with an intention of permanent settlement.
All candidates in respect of category b), c) and d) should obtain necessary eligibility certificate issued by a competent authority from the Government of India.
- Educational Qualifications:
(i) For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy– A Bachelors Degree from any recognized University or equivalent
(ii) For Indian Naval Academy – A Bachelors Degree of Engineering from any recognized University or equivalent
(iii) For Air Force Academy: A Bachelors Degree from any recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering
- Graduates with first choice as Army/ Navy/ Air Force are to submit proof of their provisional graduation certificates on the date of commencement of the SSB Interview at the Board
- Candidates who are studying in the final year Degree course and have yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply but they will be required to submit proof of passing the degree examination to reach the Army/ Navy/ Air Force HQs on or before the 13-November-2016 (For IMA, Indian Naval Academy & Air Force Academy) or on or before 1-February-2017 (for Officer’s Training Academy).
- In case of candidates who fail to qualify for Flying Training will be absorbed in the navigational and administration wings subject to availability of vacancies and the candidates fulfills requisite qualification requirements.
- Age Limit:
Candidates Applying for Indian Military Academy must be born between 2nd January, 1994 and 1st January, 1999
Candidates Applying for Indian Naval Academy must born between 2nd January, 1994 and 1st January, 1998
Candidates Applying for Air Force Academy must born between 2nd January, 1994 and 1st January, 1998
Candidates Applying for Officers Training Academy (SSC Male) must born between 2nd January, 1993 and 1st January, 1999
Candidates Applying for Officers Training Academy (SSC Women) must born between 2nd January, 1993 and 1st January, 1999
Physical Fitness: All candidates eligible for CDS examination will have to undergo a compulsory physical fitness test as per the guidelines of the Service Commission.
Application Fee & How to: All candidates (except Female/ SC/ ST candidates who are exempted from payment of application fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred Only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI and its subsidiary banks or by using Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit Cards.
Selection Process: Candidates will have to undergo a written test after which successful candidates will be called for interview. Final result of selected candidates and their admission procedure will be displayed on the website by the authorities.
How to Apply: CDS-I-2017 The candidates are required to log on to the website of UPSC at www.upsconline.nic.in under the link ‘ONLINE APPLICATION’ and requested to read the detailed information available on the website prior to filling up the application form.
- The candidates need to upload their signature and photographs duly scanned on the online application.
- The candidates need to keep a copy of the online submitted application form for future reference.
The eligible candidates will be issued an e-Admission Certificate three weeks before the commencement of examination. No other Admission Certificate will be sent by the UPSC to the candidates. Candidates are requested to download the application form from the website of the UPSC at the above mentioned link. Only eligible candidates should apply for the given posts as described by the guidelines given in official advertisement here, UPSC CDS_I Exam 2017 Notification